• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "remaster" thing is NOT what catches my eyes, its "Big N [Nintendo] will have one game per month in 2015."

Not that much of a stretch. In Europe, there's Captain Toad, Splatoon, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario Maker, Zelda U, Xenoblade, Star Fox, Mario Party, and maybe SMTXFE, Devil's Third, and Fatal Frame.

jonezer4

Mario 64 - if they are smart.

Seems like a ton of work. Games like SMG they can essentially up the resolution, maybe up the texture resolutions as well, and call it a day.

Mario 64, every single model would need to be upgraded. There are very few textures even in the game. Shaders. Etc. If I'm looking at pure ROI, Mario 64's not the game to upgrade.

Mory Dunz

Announced for 2015

Yoshi's Woolly World
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Project Giant Robot
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10
Untitled The Legend of Zelda game
Untitled Star Fox game
Project Guard

Release Date TBA

Devil's Third
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

My vote goes to Metroid Prime (Trilogy??? that would be sweet). That is one genre that is really absent in next year's lineup.

Welp, there's the possible one game per month....

Cocaloch

If it were any more obvious it'd be smacking some of y'all in the face

It's fuckin Majora's Mask for 3DS lol
I mean come on
How are there even any other guesses besides that

this is going to be a funny thread chock full of dream guesses that pay absolutely no heed to what releases would actually make sense to remaster

you know they already did that one right

The game is going to be on the Wii U though.

Mario Galaxy collection with pro controller support please? It's probably Majora's Mask, but I would love Metroid Prime Trilogy as well.

phanphare

Banned
Didn't they indicate the same thing would be the case this year? I might be misremembering that.

I don't remember hearing anything like that. I mean, I heard Reggie say that they weren't going to let the momentum slip again this year but he never explicitly said 1 game per month

The "remaster" thing is NOT what catches my eyes, its "Big N [Nintendo] will have one game per month in 2015."

I don't believe this for a second, so the rumor is probably fake. Nintendo promised that there would be no software droughts in 2014.

February: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
March: Nothing
April: Nothing
May: Nothing
June: Mario Kart 8
July: Nothing
August: Nothing
September: Hyrule Warriors

suaveric

I am surprised that Nintendo had nothing like this for the current year. Next year looks packed already, why would they jam another remake in then? Right now is when they need a game like that.

Kriken

I feel like a Mario Galaxy collection would be a good choice, but I'd like to see something more along the lines of F-Zero or Metroid remastered since there's been a much larger gap for their franchises compared to Mario.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Please be Prime Trilogy HD

I hope it's not xenoblade. I payed a ridiculous amount of money for it and I still need to play it:( My guess is Mario Galaxy but you never know.

Scum

Xenoblade Chronicles HD
Metroid Prime Triology HD
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD
Eternal Darkness HD

Thinking purely from a NA perspective, I doubt it will be Xenoblade Chronicles since the sequel is around the corner, Gamestop recently sold reprinted copies of the game and the fact that Wii games can be played on the Wii U. Also, I really think it is not high profile enough.

If they have not chosen to do Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, then I expect them to pull out another title from the GameCube library a la The Wind Waker HD. Not sure which one, though.

LOLDSFAN

Like I said in the other thread, I hope it's something from the GCN era or further back. I missed a lot of games back then.

phanphare

Banned
I don't believe this for a second, so the rumor is probably fake. Nintendo promised that there would be no software droughts in 2014.

consider the source of that statement though. of course Nintendo is going to spin their release schedule in a positive light.

NateDrake

Mario Kart 8 released in May. Plus, they don't say Wii U; they say Nintendo will release a title every month - could mean with 3DS releases. Also, Nintendo released digital software during some of those "off months". Wii Sports was released at retail in July.

Xenoblade would be awesome. Mario Sunshine would make sense since it would give them a Mario game for next year and it wasn't as widely played as some others.

I doubt they'd do another Zelda, though if they did, they've been being cagey about Majora's Mask for a while.

I'd rather they announce a new Metroid than a remaster of one of the Prime games, though I'd get it either way.

F-Zero GX would work too.

Kinda hope it's not Luigi's Mansion, though that seems like another likely target too.

Or an up-port of the 3DS Kid Icarus?

elektrixx

Banned
Let's get either Super Mario World or Super Mario 64 in 16:9 1080p.

Go back to source drawings for World. For 64, it can be on the 3D World engine using the same assets in place of the originals. Just imagine getting up to Bowser 1 and swinging his high quality 3D version around.

It could be a 3DS game. The boring answer for this remaster could very well be Majora's Mask.

If whatever this is comes to 3DS, it's a cop out.

I doubt it's a Wii game, since those can be played on the Wii U.
I don't think it's a Zelda game either when the new Legend of Zelda is already planned for 2015.
I'm hoping it's F-Zero GX with online.

Verger

Banned
Xenoblade Chronicles HD
Metroid Prime Triology HD
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD
Eternal Darkness HD
I think I'm in love.... :)

Seriously, I love Eternal Darkness and wish I could replay it in some form, even just a simple VC release (but with Nintendo, no release is simple)

Kazerei

Banned
One game per month in 2015, huh. Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon, SMT X Fire Emblem, Devils Third, what else. Guess we'll find out!

Edit: oh, somebody already listed the announced games. Yay!

javac

Well it says: Really, Big N [Nintendo] will have one game per month in 2015.
So maybe we will be getting a slew of remasters? It'd make sense in order to fill in the gaps and give old classics a new lease of life.

Murrah

Banned
Galaxy HD collection or Metroid Prime Trilogy HD are really the only realistic (F-Zero GX :( ) remasters that would probably get me excited. I'd be down for Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword, but Twilight Princess feels like it would need a lot more work put into making it presentable in HD unlike WW or SS, and SS feels too recent. Plus Zelda U's supposed to be out next year anyway, so I don't see much reason to bother.

I was absolutely certain Galaxy HD collection would be announced at E3 this year what with Mario basically being an annual franchise now, but then we got Captain Toad instead. So I'm going with that, assuming the rumor is true.

I want F-Zero GX or Metroid Prime.

Nintendo please take my argument : both would not only fill a gap in Nintendo's 2015's release calendar but they could also fill the gap for genres not already well covered on Wii U.
and more importantly I want to play one of these two games in glorious 720p / 60fps with more advanced effects and smart use of the Gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom