• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Bernardino shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z_Y

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/12/02/multiple-victims-reported-shot-in-san-bernardino/
SAN BERNARDINO (CBSLA.com) — Police are investigating a report of shots fired in San Bernardino.

San Bernardino Fire officials are reporting at least 20 victims in a shooting in the 1300 block of South Waterman.

This seems to be the the source:
DBj2nhd.jpg

https://twitter.com/SBCityFire/status/672131690978906112

@TheRyanParker
San Bernardino police just now on KABC7: As many as three shooters reported in ongoing situation.

https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/672137147579629568

Jesus, the only thing on that block is:

Inland Regional Center, (IRC), is a community based, private, non-profit, agency which assists individuals with a developmental disability obtain services and supports that enhance quality of life and increases independence, inclusion, and normalization.​

edit: from this story
"Police said up to 12 people were reported dead in the shooting, and others were wounded.

Emergency crews were called about 11:30 p.m. local time to the shooting scene in the 1300 block of South Waterman Avenue.

The shooting happened several blocks away from a Planned Parenthood clinic, although employees there said the clinic was not a target.

The Inland Regional Center serves the developmentally disabled."

studyguy

20 victims Jesus fucking Christ.

Authorities are advising all motorists to stay away from the area around the Inland Regional Center, a center serving people with developmental disabilities in San Bernardino and Riverside counties.

That sounds even worse for the kind of person that may have been a victim.

Horrible, but not surprising. San Bernadino is rife with violence ._. When I used to live there I saw an ice cream man get stabbed in front of my house. Shit is scary.

Arcia

Banned
so wait, is the article saying that the place that got attacked was a center for people with developmental disabilities?

wtf why? :(

Downhome

On Fox News they are saying it's at an adult disabilities center. Dear lord, I'm disgusted. Even more personal to me because that is the type of place that I work for. Ugh.

I just had a horrifying realization about how numb I've become to all of this. I almost didn't click on this thread because I thought "Oh, well. Another day, another shooting."

RPGCrazied

Ready for the excuses we are going to get? Its nothing but mental illness, need more guns, everyone needs to be armed and it won't happen as much.

I can just hear the republicans response to this, word for word. So sad.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Start treating people that open fire in a public place as terrorists and ship them off to gitmo pls.

Guevara

Inland Regional Center, (IRC), is a community based, private, non-profit, agency which assists individuals with a developmental disability obtain services and supports that enhance quality of life and increases independence, inclusion, and normalization.​

Nekofrog

Banned
Ready for the excuses we are going to get? Its nothing but mental illness, need more guns, everyone needs to be armed and it won't happen as much.

no no no

don't you see

it's just too soon to be having a discussion on guns man

it's too soon

riotous

Banned
Dang, hope for everyone's safety.

Keep in mind about the "3 shooters" thing; it's really common for lone gunmen to be reported as being multiple people early on.

entremet

Shooting up developly disabled people? Man, talk about straight vile.

I guess after shooting up 1st graders we should not be surprised sadly.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dang, hope for everyone's safety.

Keep in mind about the "3 shooters" thing; it's really common for lone gunmen to be reported as being multiple people early on.

True, but the 20 victims being talked of already doesn't make this look good.

no no no

don't you see

it's just too soon to be having a discussion on guns man

it's too soon

Can we table this shit until we get more info on the active shooter situation right now

Griss

I just had a horrifying realization about how numb I've become to all of this. I almost didn't click on this thread because I thought "Oh, well. Another day, another shooting."

Precisely my reaction.

As we've said before, if Sandy Hook didn't change things nothing will. Enjoy your status quo, it's here to stay.

Fuck the NRA. Fuck'em to death.

I'm always surprised that one of these deranged murder-suicide mass-killing lunatics doesn't go after an NRA convention or the like. No one would know how to react to that.

bryehn

Watching on KTLA from Ottawa. The chopper cityscape is surreal, news is so different than it was 20 years ago.

Downhome

That's what I thought, it's exactly like the place that I work for (local DSN board) as a job coach. I could just scream at this, my blood is boiling, ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom