• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Diego Comic-Con 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
---- DC Focus: Grant Morrison (Final Crisis, Arkham Asylum) (12:30-1:30)
---- Spotlight on Jerry Robinson (Creator of Joker) (1:30-2:30)
---- Batman: The Return (1:45-2:45)
That's some seriously poor scheduling.

NYR said:
I'm from Canada. Went to Comic-Con last year for the first time ever. I left pretty disappointed with my Comic-Con experience.

First off, the San Diego Convention Center is much too small for something like this now. It just doesn't seem like a logical place to hold an event of this size anymore. The main hall is broken in half - one side for movie, tv and video game booths, and the other half dedicated to comics. You would think people going to COMIC-con would be flooding the comic side of things, but that is not even remotely the case. In fact, you are free to walk around, and there is normally a good chance each booth only has 1 or 2 people in it looking at and shopping for comics. Great deals by the way - if you are a trade paperback guy, bring a backpack, cause $5 TPBs are a plently! :)
Only reason I'd want to go, for the trades and indie comic/art stuff. I have no interest in paying for the privilege of sitting through extended marketing programs. Plus, after doing E3 once as a journalist, I don't really want to go to another convention ever again. Not that much fun, super crowded and often embarrassing.

GCQuinton said:
chew1.jpg

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/21/cci-chew-to-take-a-bite-out-of-television/
I figured this was only a matter of time. Circle of Confusion seems to know how to treat comic properties right at least.

gdt5016 said:
FUCK YES.

Miles-miles-straume-4634118-299-399.jpg

Only right choice.
Awesome.

Chairhome

Count me in the group of people that wishes they were there. I was just in San Diego w weeks ago for business :-(.

Anyways, Lolita's is pretty good as others have said, but for me, the absolute best carne asada is from Vaquero's Carne Asada. I've only had the Carne Asada taco and Carne Asada fries, but they're amazing. Its kind of in the hood (National City) about 15 to 20 min away, but its not too dangerous if you're not acting crazy. Its open 24 hours, and there's a drive-thru. Did I mention its a big red and yellow barrel?

6416213.JPG

is there a place/webste where you can buy/find info about all the cool merchandise they sell at comic con? there are always tons of these cool comic-con exclusive limited supplies figureines each year and stuff...

Hero

I guess SDCC has to be really epic. I live on the East coast and went to Philadelphia Comic Con this year. It was fucking pathetic. I was done with the entire convention in like, two hours.

Parham

Banned
I went and picked up my badge today at the Town & Country Convention Center today. I was surprised at how many people where there to get their badges in advance. In total, the line was about one hour long. I suppose that's better than waiting two hours at the San Diego Convention Center tomorrow. :lol

Vigilant Walrus said:
is there a place/webste where you can buy/find info about all the cool merchandise they sell at comic con? there are always tons of these cool comic-con exclusive limited supplies figureines each year and stuff...

Sadly, no. :(

Foob

azentium said:
I went and picked up my badge today at the Town & Country Convention Center today. I was surprised at how many people where there to get their badges in advance. In total, the line was about one hour long. I suppose that's better than waiting two hours at the San Diego Convention Center tomorrow. :lol
Fuuuck for real? I was planning on going to the town and country thing tomorrow at 7

Just FYI, add my name to the list of people who are at the con.

Well, WILL be. I fucked up this year and I'm only able to go on Saturday and Sunday. Taking the train down on Friday. Can't wait, but SO FUCKING PISSED I'll be missing the Scott Pilgrim panel today :mad:

Parham

Banned
Just as a heads up, I wont be able to update the OP or post any Comic-Con related news until I get back later tonight.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A lot of tv panels I'm looking forward to seeing today, mainly Dexter. Although if a teaser for The Walking Dead leaked on Friday, I would just explode with excitement.

I'm also curious what Grant Morrison has planned for the future of Batman.

dork

Banned
No Damon Lindelof/Carlton Cuse. Worst ComicCon Ever. j/k

I heard there was something LOST related there though

jett

D-Member
Apparently an eight-minute clip of Tron Legacy was shown at the panel today, so jealous. :<

...and the director recorded cheering from the crowd that will be used in the actual movie! :eek: The crowd was instructed to yell things like "DE-REZ, DE-REZ!" for use in arena combat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Chairhome said:
Count me in the group of people that wishes they were there. I was just in San Diego w weeks ago for business :-(.

Anyways, Lolita's is pretty good as others have said, but for me, the absolute best carne asada is from Vaquero's Carne Asada. I've only had the Carne Asada taco and Carne Asada fries, but they're amazing. Its kind of in the hood (National City) about 15 to 20 min away, but its not too dangerous if you're not acting crazy. Its open 24 hours, and there's a drive-thru. Did I mention its a big red and yellow barrel?

6416213.JPG
Most Mexican places in the ghetto are yellow and red barrels, or yellow and red cubes, or yellow and red spheres...or just yellow and red.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe next year I'll try and get some stuff for GAFfers :lol

CCI delayed it's announcement about where Comic Con is going for 2012-2015 because the SD hotels contributing 300,000 extra space for 2012-2015 failed to return the contracts on time for a in-convention announcement.

Doesn't sound too good for LA/Anaheim honks.

Just saw this on another forum, anyone hear about this?

So apparently somebody just got stabbed in the FACE in the back of Hall H and now there's like 8-9 cops there and blood everywhere and the person who got stabbed is being rushed to the hospital...

Gary Whitta said:
Just saw this on another forum, anyone hear about this?

Seems someone passed out or something in Hall H! People calling medic and it seems no one is doing anything to call authorities

Someone I follow on Twitter said this.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Dabookerman said:
Seems someone passed out or something in Hall H! People calling medic and it seems no one is doing anything to call authorities

Someone I follow on Twitter said this.
not quite what i saw...
Between the just ending Resident Evil: Afterlife panel and the Marvel Comics panel a fight between two fans erupted when one of them wouldn't change seats. Sadly, the scene ended in bloodshed as the argument turned violent resulting in the man who wouldn't move being stabbed in the eye with a pen.

The victim has been stretchered out and the attacker (both adults) has been removed from the convention center by police in handcuffs, his exclusive Comic-Con Harry Potter T-shirt soaked in blood.

As a result the show's main ballroom, Hall H, has been shut down. No one in, no one out. Hall H is expected to reopen as soon as possible but at least an hour long delay is expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom