• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA trademarks "Helldivers" - one of PS4's first-year exclusives?

Alphahawk

I so want the name to be literal. A game about mercenaries diving into sinkholes that lead into the gates of hell - kicking ass as they get ever closer to the center of hell - and fighting Satan himself.

This. Sadly it's most likely some modern military bullshit.

KOHIPEET

"When Earth stops, the journey begins, then we dive into hell."

Oh my imagination.

Bonus:
Tonight! We dive into hell!

In Helldivers, players will ultimately assume the role of the Archangel Michael, who has been tasked with entering Hell and defeating the Fallen Angel, Lucifer. When Michael dives into this fiery underworld's depths, however, he soon learns that not everything is as it seems.

Helldivers explores the life and childhood of an angel named Lucifer, his descent, and the resulting all-encompassing war between Heaven and Hell. Featuring the greatest aerial combat ever seen in a video game, players will manage armies by the thousands while also participating in intense first-person combat--on the ground, in the air, and even under leagues of molten flame.

The armies of Heaven and Hell grow desperate in the face of the single most important battle that will ever be waged...

- Upgrade your wings by ripping them off and replacing them with enchanted obsidian; fly faster, and with a razor's edge. Sacrifice your demon minions' sight to craft scrying orbs that will sneak into enemy territory and give you the advantage.

- Dismantle Earth to reinforce the Heavenly Plateau. Enslave humanity and use them as shields.

- Suck the life out of nearby stars to power Hell's dreadnoughts. Collect the halos of slain angels, melt them down in the fiery pit of Albumen, and craft them into artifacts of terrible power.

- Play alone, with a friend, or with thousands online. Assume the role of Michael, Lucifer, or of 8 other Archangels and Fallen Angels.

Summer 2014. It's gonna be a hot one. Take a dive... into

HELLDIVERS

"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 10:34

I... would totally play this.

Sid

In Helldivers, players will ultimately assume the role of the Archangel Michael, who has been tasked with entering Hell and defeating the Fallen Angel, Lucifer. When Michael dives into this fiery underworld's depths, however, he soon learns that not everything is as it seems.

Helldivers explores the life and childhood of an angel named Lucifer, his descent, and the resulting all-encompassing war between Heaven and Hell. Featuring the greatest aerial combat ever seen in a video game, players will manage armies by the thousands while also participating in intense first-person combat--on the ground, in the air, and even under leagues of molten flame.

The armies of Heaven and Hell grow desperate in the face of the single most important battle that will ever be waged...

- Upgrade your wings by ripping them off and replacing them with enchanted obsidian; fly faster, and with a razor's edge. Sacrifice your demon minions' sight to craft scrying orbs that will sneak into enemy territory and give you the advantage.

- Dismantle Earth to reinforce the Heavenly Plateau. Enslave humanity and use them as shields.

- Suck the life out of nearby stars to power Hell's dreadnoughts. Collect the halos of slain angels, melt them down in the fiery pit of Albumen, and craft them into artifacts of terrible power.

- Play alone, with a friend, or with thousands online. Assume the role of Michael, Lucifer, or of 8 other Archangels and Fallen Angels.

HELLDIVERS

"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 10:34
My only problem with this,the game needs to focus on a single protagonist.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Guys what are these characters from?

http://sttheo.deviantart.com/art/winchester-170504944

ps: I'm sure this has nothing to do with the game but these came up when looking up the name helldiver online. Some pretty cool concept art

capturenhrdv.jpg

But yeah, that is some pretty nice artwork. Dibs on crazy antler-dude.

Danneee

I'd be all over a WW2 arcade flight sim with light fantasy/steam punk influences with shit awesome graphics!

Probably a TPS that does nothing new though.

sleepykyo

HELLDIVERS

I want to play this game.

Diving? Into Hell?

Sounds like Kratos is getting up to his usual tricks again.

please for the love of God, do not be another GoW game

KOHIPEET

capturenhrdv.jpg

But yeah, that is some pretty nice artwork. Dibs on crazy antler-dude.

In his profile:

"I am currently a senior concept artist and have worked for many studios like EA, EA visceral, Crytek, Sony, Square enix, Bioware, Guerilla, Dena, Klabs, Kababm, Irrational Games, Sumo digital, City Interactive, Allods to name a few on games like Army of two devils cartel, Dead Space 3, Ryse, sims city, Command and Conquer Generals 2 etc etc and lots of unannounced projects

Coincidence or related?

I dunno, you tell me!

Hoo-doo

Banned
In his profile:

"I am currently a senior concept artist and have worked for many studios like EA, EA visceral, Crytek, Sony, Square enix, Bioware, Guerilla, Dena, Klabs, Kababm, Irrational Games, Sumo digital, City Interactive, Allods to name a few on games like Army of two devils cartel, Dead Space 3, Ryse, sims city, Command and Conquer Generals 2 etc etc and lots of unannounced projects

Coincidence or related?

I dunno, you tell me!

Ooh, the plot thickens.

B.O.O.M

In his profile:

Coincidence or related?

I dunno, you tell me!

well shit

nib95

Banned
In his profile:

Coincidence or related?

I dunno, you tell me!

Oh snap. Someone quickly post every concept he has referring Hell rider lol.

B.O.O.M

Oh snap. Someone quickly post every concept he has referring Hell rider lol.

There's a lot actually..some really cool designs too. When I came across it I couldn't think of a movie/game/comic that it was referencing so that's why I asked the question here to see if anyone knew

Helldiver_Markov_by_StTheo.jpg

helldiver_Zatoichi_by_StTheo.jpg

Drencrom

Guys what are these characters from?

http://sttheo.deviantart.com/art/winchester-170504944

ps: I'm sure this has nothing to do with the game but these came up when looking up the name helldiver online. Some pretty cool concept art

In his profile:

Coincidence or related?

I dunno, you tell me!

Mother of god...

Gamescom can't come any sooner

God of War: Helldivers? (Gah, I hope not!)

Not a bad name; makes me think of ODSTs from Halo or the dropship deployment from Aliens. Also sounds a bit like 'Titanfall'; weren't there rumours a while back that SSM's (Stig's) next game was an action game on another planet? It could be a game they'll be showing at Gamescom. I hope so.

KOHIPEET

This one's easily my favourite. Whatever this turns out to be, credits to this guy because his work is just plain awesome.
helldiver_ares_by_StTheo.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member

HELLDIVERS

After this, the real deal can only disappoint haha! Amazing.

Hexa

In his profile:

Coincidence or related?

I dunno, you tell me!

If this turns out to be legit it's is going to be the most amazing thing detective GAF has ever done ever.

Bishop89

Dont have confidence in the name. Particularly the divers bit. But I guess it could b something cool like the character/story has to deal with "diving" in hell or something.

im very intrigued, though worried it'll b an indie game, or a vita exclusive

Endo Punk

Anything less than the second coming and I'm not interested lol. Stig really did knock it out of the park with GOWIII and if anything he raised the level for gameplay, bosses and set pieces in the franchise that not even Ascension could match. His next game, whatever it may be, has me more excited than what ND are cooking. Its been in development for close to 3 years and it will be 4 by the time it comes out in 2014, at least I hope it's a 2014 release because Sony needs something killer for next year.

Pennywise

helldiver_main_battle_tank_by_StTheo.jpg

If detective gaf is right, this looks like another shooter :/
I'll hope this turns out to be a hybrid between FPS and RPG.

Top Bottom