• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA trademarks "Helldivers" - one of PS4's first-year exclusives?

Some of the concept art seems Fantasy based especially of the character with the shield and spear. Could this be Guerilla Games new IP. It also can be Santa Monica new IP as they were rumoured for a Sci Fi game.

Oh no, i hate sci fi crap. I was looking forward to those titles, but if the setting is futuristic fantasy it would be a bummer.

In Helldivers, players will ultimately assume the role of the Archangel Michael, who has been tasked with entering Hell and defeating the Fallen Angel, Lucifer. When Michael dives into this fiery underworld's depths, however, he soon learns that not everything is as it seems.

Helldivers explores the life and childhood of an angel named Lucifer, his descent, and the resulting all-encompassing war between Heaven and Hell. Featuring the greatest aerial combat ever seen in a video game, players will manage armies by the thousands while also participating in intense first-person combat--on the ground, in the air, and even under leagues of molten flame.

The armies of Heaven and Hell grow desperate in the face of the single most important battle that will ever be waged...

- Upgrade your wings by ripping them off and replacing them with enchanted obsidian; fly faster, and with a razor's edge. Sacrifice your demon minions' sight to craft scrying orbs that will sneak into enemy territory and give you the advantage.

- Dismantle Earth to reinforce the Heavenly Plateau. Enslave humanity and use them as shields.

- Suck the life out of nearby stars to power Hell's dreadnoughts. Collect the halos of slain angels, melt them down in the fiery pit of Albumen, and craft them into artifacts of terrible power.

- Play alone, with a friend, or with thousands online. Assume the role of Michael, Lucifer, or of 8 other Archangels and Fallen Angels.

Summer 2014. It's gonna be a hot one. Take a dive... into

HELLDIVERS

"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 10:34

I'd play the hell out of this. Seriously.

Here's my wild guess...a Voltron like game where there are smaller mech bodies but they combine to kick butt of bigger enemies
An Eve online type Voltron MMO would be cool. You could combine mechs with others in your group. Unless the green lion pilot was in the bathroom...

Concept17

In Helldivers, players will ultimately assume the role of the Archangel Michael, who has been tasked with entering Hell and defeating the Fallen Angel, Lucifer. When Michael dives into this fiery underworld's depths, however, he soon learns that not everything is as it seems.

Helldivers explores the life and childhood of an angel named Lucifer, his descent, and the resulting all-encompassing war between Heaven and Hell. Featuring the greatest aerial combat ever seen in a video game, players will manage armies by the thousands while also participating in intense first-person combat--on the ground, in the air, and even under leagues of molten flame.

The armies of Heaven and Hell grow desperate in the face of the single most important battle that will ever be waged...

- Upgrade your wings by ripping them off and replacing them with enchanted obsidian; fly faster, and with a razor's edge. Sacrifice your demon minions' sight to craft scrying orbs that will sneak into enemy territory and give you the advantage.

- Dismantle Earth to reinforce the Heavenly Plateau. Enslave humanity and use them as shields.

- Suck the life out of nearby stars to power Hell's dreadnoughts. Collect the halos of slain angels, melt them down in the fiery pit of Albumen, and craft them into artifacts of terrible power.

- Play alone, with a friend, or with thousands online. Assume the role of Michael, Lucifer, or of 8 other Archangels and Fallen Angels.

HELLDIVERS

"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 10:34

Neat concept. But the mechanics implied in some of these 'features' would create one giant mess of a game. Slaves, crafting, mmo, massive environments, collections, singleplayer and coop, even some RTS elements hinted there.

Story idea is neat.

HELLDIVERS

Would totally play that.

Reminds me of the brief description of the war between the fallen angels & angels in the World of Darkness fiction that ended the first WoD. The Demon: The Fallen trilogy.

Hesemonni

Banned
I so want the name to be literal. A game about mercenaries diving into sinkholes that lead into the gates of hell - kicking ass as they get ever closer to the center of hell - and fighting Satan himself.
Why would you want to fight something you should embrace instead?

Replicant

HELLDIVERS

Starring Castiel

ibr9efWfOhrMFi.gif

Alvarez

Banned
Neat concept. But the mechanics implied in some of these 'features' would create one giant mess of a game. Slaves, crafting, mmo, massive environments, collections, singleplayer and coop, even some RTS elements hinted there.

Story idea is neat.

You sound like you know how to obey limits and recycle the things that have been confirmed to work over and over again. I highly suggest you get a job in the games industry!

wish Sony had kept the Warhawk guys around. Say what you will about Starhawk, but Warhawk was a nice early exclusive on PS3. I mean Shadow Fall's multiplayer will be similar to CoD or Crysis 2/3, Sony needs a differentiating title

This is what I want.

Forget the overdone war games and noise.

Give us an eerie game where a team of divers gets lost and discovers a cave. Give us the Descent. Give us horror, isolation, despair, and loneliness. Give us an enemy that we never see, a creature in the distance of the darkness, a feeling that someone or something is watching us.

Let us discover a cave of a Fallen Atlantis, where carvings on walls depict a lost history of creatures that rose out of the sea and terrorized human beings.

One part cthulu mythos, one part bioshock, one partmetroid?

Another good idea. You'd just have to come up with some nice, varied locations, to prevent visual boredom for the player. I'd play it more like a survival horror game then an fps though.

Jay Sosa

might be a pizza making game

or a lawn mowing simulation.

guess we'll have to wait for the announcement of the announcement for the date of the announcement.

I don't expect to see Santa Monica's game for a very long time. It'll probably be teased early next year, but I don't expect to see any gameplay until E3 at the earliest. I'd wager we'll see Naughty Dog's next game first even though Santa Monica's game has been in development longer.

I don't expect to see Santa Monica's game for a very long time. It'll probably be teased early next year, but I don't expect to see any gameplay until E3 at the earliest. I'd wager we'll see Naughty Dog's next game first even though Santa Monica's game has been in development longer.

Stig has been working on new IP since GoW3, that's a very long time of development, even if he didn't have full team since most staff are focused on Ascencion that is still a long time for preproduction and prototyping.

I think Cory is helping Stig finishing up while building his own team now on SSM, I think whatever it is will be revealed this year for 2014 release, either at gamescom or vga.

Globox_82

Banned
Originally Posted by Contra11

-and looks like multiplayer oriented game .. that something i don't want from SSM

-don't worry, its not from SSM

so some random poster says it is MP oriented and everyone pickes up on it...
we know shit about this title, other then what Demon said. He is legit insider, works for ND if I am correct

HooYaH

If it's not from SSM nor do I see a title like that coming from ND and SP is working with Infamous, what other US dev does Sony have? San Diego is also probably busy with the next MLB.

I speculate its a small title and will be disappointed like the Destiny Spirits game.

Globox_82

Banned
If it's not from SSM nor do I see a title like that coming from ND and SP is working with Infamous, what other US dev does Sony have? San Diego is also probably busy with the next MLB.

I speculate its a small title and will be disappointed like the Destiny Spirits game.

yup

Dusky

so some random poster says it is MP oriented and everyone pickes up on it...
we know shit about this title, other then what Demon said. He is legit insider, works for ND if I am correct

'Random poster' is speculating just like you are, he never said it was MP orientated he simply said it sounded like it was. As for everyone picking up on it, where do you see that exactly?

wish Sony had kept the Warhawk guys around. Say what you will about Starhawk, but Warhawk was a nice early exclusive on PS3. I mean Shadow Fall's multiplayer will be similar to CoD or Crysis 2/3, Sony needs a differentiating title

Starhawk was very good if not quite top tier. Trouble is, Sony shat it out without any marketing or care at all, and it was a bit too niche to succeed without a decent marketing campaign.

This is what I want.

Forget the overdone war games and noise.

Give us an eerie game where a team of divers gets lost and discovers a cave. Give us the Descent. Give us horror, isolation, despair, and loneliness. Give us an enemy that we never see, a creature in the distance of the darkness, a feeling that someone or something is watching us.

Let us discover a cave of a Fallen Atlantis, where carvings on walls depict a lost history of creatures that rose out of the sea and terrorized human beings.

One part cthulu mythos, one part bioshock, one partmetroid?

Another good idea. You'd just have to come up with some nice, varied locations, to prevent visual boredom for the player. I'd play it more like a survival horror game then an fps though.

That sounds awesome. Even if it's a downloadable experiment game like Journey or Hydrophobia. I would love an exploration game set in a vast underground cavern, where there's no combat and the emphasis is on exploring this long-dead civilisation. Kind of like the first level of Tomb Raider. And if there was a creeping, unseen dread in background, even better. I can picture it like In The Mountains of Madness, where the two scientists are walking through the caverns interpreting the murals and there's a rising sense of dread as they read about an unseen, greater horror in the undiscovered lands beyond the mountains.

It should be ready soon-ish, I'd wager. Stig has probably been working on it since mid-2010.

probably because Helldivers

someone else mentioned HauseMarguee Super Stardust sequel, could be it.

If it were Housemarque or any other European developer, I'd wager it'd be SCEE who would file the trademark.

it's not called this ;D

:D Awesome. Really looking forward to more from Housemarque; I've enjoyed all their (your?) games. I really reeeeally hope a Dead Nation sequel is in the works.

Top Bottom