• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA trademarks "Helldivers" - one of PS4's first-year exclusives?

There's always the chance it could be the thought to be cancelled Studio Liverpool futuristic stealth / action game. It was said to be quite far into production as it was planned as a launch title for PS4 before the studio closed.

Concept art:

Playstation-4.jpg

ea38ce6b5df81a3bb5dddd69d3e14a3c.jpg

gzgtwxw1ykjf.jpg

studio-liverpool-heiskukki.jpg

dpcznb5p3jgz.jpg

KAL2006

Banned
Some of the concept art seems Fantasy based especially of the character with the shield and spear. Could this be Guerilla Games new IP. It also can be Santa Monica new IP as they were rumoured for a Sci Fi game.

Some of the concept art seems Fantasy based especially of the character with the shield and spear. Could this be Guerilla Games new IP. It also can be Santa Monica new IP as they were rumoured for a Sci Fi game.
If those art are professional art for sony, is he reall allowed to post them on website? Especially if its for unannounced project and he just said the name helldivers.

I imagine it's really just personal work. Not related with sony helldiver game.

StiLt

If those art are professional art for sony, is he reall allowed to post them on website? Especially if its for unannounced project and he just said the name helldivers.

Agreed. More's the pity.

Dead Man

Pretty much. They are awesome though.

KOHIPEET

The name "Helldivers" just sounds too badass, I hope this won't be some card-game type of shit and instead a truly fucking amazing sci-fi fantasy AAA IP.

Violater

There's a lot actually..some really cool designs too. When I came across it I couldn't think of a movie/game/comic that it was referencing so that's why I asked the question here to see if anyone knew

Helldiver_Markov_by_StTheo.jpg

helldiver_Zatoichi_by_StTheo.jpg

Looks like a cross between dark souls and gears of war, meh

In Helldivers, players will ultimately assume the role of the Archangel Michael, who has been tasked with entering Hell and defeating the Fallen Angel, Lucifer. When Michael dives into this fiery underworld's depths, however, he soon learns that not everything is as it seems.

Helldivers explores the life and childhood of an angel named Lucifer, his descent, and the resulting all-encompassing war between Heaven and Hell. Featuring the greatest aerial combat ever seen in a video game, players will manage armies by the thousands while also participating in intense first-person combat--on the ground, in the air, and even under leagues of molten flame.

The armies of Heaven and Hell grow desperate in the face of the single most important battle that will ever be waged...

- Upgrade your wings by ripping them off and replacing them with enchanted obsidian; fly faster, and with a razor's edge. Sacrifice your demon minions' sight to craft scrying orbs that will sneak into enemy territory and give you the advantage.

- Dismantle Earth to reinforce the Heavenly Plateau. Enslave humanity and use them as shields.

- Suck the life out of nearby stars to power Hell's dreadnoughts. Collect the halos of slain angels, melt them down in the fiery pit of Albumen, and craft them into artifacts of terrible power.

- Play alone, with a friend, or with thousands online. Assume the role of Michael, Lucifer, or of 8 other Archangels and Fallen Angels.

Summer 2014. It's gonna be a hot one. Take a dive... into

HELLDIVERS

"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 10:34

Give me this instead.

deadlast

In Helldivers, players will ultimately assume the role of the Archangel Michael, who has been tasked with entering Hell and defeating the Fallen Angel, Lucifer. When Michael dives into this fiery underworld's depths, however, he soon learns that not everything is as it seems.

Helldivers explores the life and childhood of an angel named Lucifer, his descent, and the resulting all-encompassing war between Heaven and Hell. Featuring the greatest aerial combat ever seen in a video game, players will manage armies by the thousands while also participating in intense first-person combat--on the ground, in the air, and even under leagues of molten flame.

The armies of Heaven and Hell grow desperate in the face of the single most important battle that will ever be waged...

- Upgrade your wings by ripping them off and replacing them with enchanted obsidian; fly faster, and with a razor's edge. Sacrifice your demon minions' sight to craft scrying orbs that will sneak into enemy territory and give you the advantage.

- Dismantle Earth to reinforce the Heavenly Plateau. Enslave humanity and use them as shields.

- Suck the life out of nearby stars to power Hell's dreadnoughts. Collect the halos of slain angels, melt them down in the fiery pit of Albumen, and craft them into artifacts of terrible power.

- Play alone, with a friend, or with thousands online. Assume the role of Michael, Lucifer, or of 8 other Archangels and Fallen Angels.

Summer 2014. It's gonna be a hot one. Take a dive... into

HELLDIVERS

"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 10:34

This, this is amazing.

Dusky

There's a lot actually..some really cool designs too. When I came across it I couldn't think of a movie/game/comic that it was referencing so that's why I asked the question here to see if anyone knew

Helldiver_Markov_by_StTheo.jpg

helldiver_Zatoichi_by_StTheo.jpg

Kotaku actually ran an article on this guy about a year ago: http://kotaku.com/5883268/commander-shepard-youre-looking-awfully-dangerous-today/

I still doubt though that it he has anything to do with it, probably just personal artwork like someone mentioned earlier.

Gonna be real awkward if Helldivers is a multiplayer FPS in which players can summon giant mechs to dive (or 'fall', you could say) into the fight.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Some of you are already setting yourself up for disappointment when this hasn't even been shown.

Whatever it is, if that art is anything to go by then it could be very compelling.

The concept artist is based in Cambridge, the plot thickens.

http://sttheo.cghub.com/

Guerrilla Cambridge are also based in Cambridge! Which means he's probably working on KIllzone!

"Killzone: Helldivers® follows twelve months after the events of Shadow Fall, where a mysterious and powerful alien race known as the Divers launch an attack on planet Vekta declaring the Helghast an affront to the nature of the galaxy, which forces the Vektans and Helghast into an uneasy alliance as they work together to repel the largest and most hostile assault force ever seen in the history of mankind."

I hope game about this
55rBLzI.jpg

Not fucking planes or archangel Michael

This is what I want.

Forget the overdone war games and noise.

Give us an eerie game where a team of divers gets lost and discovers a cave. Give us the Descent. Give us horror, isolation, despair, and loneliness. Give us an enemy that we never see, a creature in the distance of the darkness, a feeling that someone or something is watching us.

Let us discover a cave of a Fallen Atlantis, where carvings on walls depict a lost history of creatures that rose out of the sea and terrorized human beings.

Samyy

This is what I want.

Forget the overdone war games and noise.

Give us an eerie game where some diver gets lost and discovers a cave. Give us the Descent. Give us horror, isolation, despair, and loneliness. Give us an enemy that we never see, a creature in the distance of the darkness, a feeling that someone or something is watching us.

Let us discover a cave of a Fallen Atlantis, where carvings on walls depict a lost history of creatures that rose out of the sea and terrorized human beings.

But then I cant play :(

Top Bottom