• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens S2 |OT| We're Back, Idiot Hookers -Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhoan

Finally got around to seeing the season premiere. It was a solid welcome back episode even though I'm a bit skeptical of the hospital setting. It was nice to see the Chanels and Munsch return to form and Denise make an appearance. The scene with Zayday screaming at the sight of the Chanels made me smile. I hope and doubt that
Chanel #5 got killed off so soon.

A good chunk of the jokes fell a bit flat for me or sailed over my head but the Sasquatch stuff me laugh a bit and the ghosting meaning was pretty great. It set the stage for the horror of the season and how things got to where they are post-Red Devil. I welcome the new green goo masked menace and look forward to seeing how things develop moving forward. I would love a Red Devil costume for Halloween.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chanel #3 is my favorite. She was using surgical gloves as earmuffs in this last episode. You can't top that.

Chanel prime is the best one, unequivocally. You just go in already expecting that so whenever 3 or #5 do something awesome it catches you a little off guard. Neither of them could carry the show the same way Emma's character does.

Matty77

So glad this is back. It was my favorite new show last year and season two was my most anticipated televison other than Vice principals this year, and the first episode has me happy.

Loved the callbacks to season 1 both thematically and plot( braces for her vagina teeth) glad they got rid of grace, last season was so much better when focusing on moral greys versus grace as the one true good guy, and Emma Roberts is the star of this thing rightfully so.

Also though I am not one to get celebrity crushes I am all in for Billie Lourde.

Palmer_v1

Prime Chanel dropping trou for Stamos was probably my favorite bit, for both lewd and comedic reasons. Munsch's reaction when she finally noticed killed me.

Overall, it wasn't quite as fun as the season 1 premiere, but still pretty good. As far as the central mystery, here's my random early thoughts/speculation:

So the father could still be alive, theoretically.

Him being black and the mother white means damn near anyone could be the child.

I don't feel like they'd go with the child being a/the killer again though, and that whole setup could be a red(green) herring. I think it's something entirely different that happened at that party.

Chanel #5 better not be dead yet.

Oh, T J Bennet, please tell me we're getting another pictionary episode.

W-00

Oh, we're playing predict the killer again?

In that case, my first-episode just-for-fun guess is that the killer is...
Hester! She hopes to frame the Chanels for murder once more so that people will forget about her taped admission of guilt and decide that the Chanels really were behind the Red Devil murders. And also the new ones, to get around double jeopardy. Incidentally, since she's trying to frame the Chanels, it would mean that she left Libby alive.

Why the Green Meanie costume? Because the guy's wife ended up in the same asylum Hester was in and told her about it.

EulaCapra

As much as I enjoyed the beginning and ending of the first season, I stand by my yearlong declaration that it's not a good idea for this show to continue with the Chanels/Hester/Munsch/Chad/Zayday. It should've went into Anthology territory like American Horror Story. The story and characters are stretched so thin and totally dismiss the nice bookend the Chanels received in the finale. Denise should've been the sole character to be in every season.

And I noticed it a lot in the middle of season 1 where the show is coasting and not entirely planned like the beginning and ending, but the premiere also had a lot of word vomit. It sounds like a first draft of a script where lines of dialogue goes on for forever and went unedited.

Asbel

They shouldn't kill #5 this early since a big part of the Chanels gimmick is having followers and someone to pick on.

So happy this show is back. I was very skeptical of the hospital setting but so far so good. My main concern though is that both the killers identity and who he kills will probably be limited to the newer cast members as I doubt any of the major returning characters will be killed off or will be the killer.

FaceTurn

I don't think Chanel #5 died. The Green Meanie probably just hacked at the decapitated head again. Poor werewolf girl though. Just got cured and died so soon.

JeTmAn81

I don't think Chanel #5 died. The Green Meanie probably just hacked at the decapitated head again. Poor werewolf girl though. Just got cured and died so soon.

Double stamped. The Meanie probably just chopped somewhere near her. Stay with us, Red Five!

Ricker

Liked it...the delivery again saves the normal one liners in this show...like the ''they call your face on TV a Channel Changer'' ;)

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So happy this show is back. I was very skeptical of the hospital setting but so far so good. My main concern though is that both the killers identity and who he kills will probably be limited to the newer cast members as I doubt any of the major returning characters will be killed off or will be the killer.

If they do kill someone from the first season I hope it's Denise.

kevin1025

Banned
Chanel is totally fine, Monster Man totally sliced the lock on the therapy chamber!

I'm really liking the new season. The Hemsworth line was my favorite, but really enjoying seeing those that returned and the new members.

manakel

I've never watched a show before that's so inline with my sense of humor. Season 1 was absolutely amazing/hilarious, and this season shows just as much promise. I really hope more people start watching it, because the jokes are fantastic.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Warts and All

A patient with a horrible ailment checks into the hospital with hopes of a cure, but instead finds a love interest. Meanwhile, Chad arrives hoping to win back Chanel, but uncovers a disturbing secret about Brock; and Munsch has another encounter with the killer and recruits a new special agent to investigate.

Jhoan

Chad Radwell makes his triumphant return. All is right in the world. I'm grinning so damn hard. :D

Wait, when did Munsch
encounter the Meanie in the prior episode? I don't remember that.

W-00

She didn't. At least,
not unmasked. The Meanie only showed up at the beginning (as the costume worn by the doctor, probably not the actual killer) and when it killed Werewolf Girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom