• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Hibari's eyes being explained what a nice touch, but it really didn't go anywhere after they explained it. At least we got a little more info about the eyepatches by Yagyu & Mirai. But again, they feel like "OH right we gotta add something to the returning characters" after thoughts.

SerTapTap

honestly the more i hear about Yagyu, the more i really dislike her

I like the cold badass persona but I don't think she's handled all that well. Her being paired with Hibari doesn't really feel believable. And her talking about kalimari while using a squid buddy kinda squicks me out.

Vylash

I like the cold badass persona but I don't think she's handled all that well. Her being paired with Hibari doesn't really feel believable. And her talking about kalimari while using a squid buddy kinda squicks me out.

my main issue with her lies in the fact that she's obviously using Hibari as a replacement for her sister and that really bugs the hell out of me, not to mention that her reason for wearing the eyepatch is really stupid since it greatly increases her chances of dying

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This guy got it
mostly
right.

I'm about to finish Hanzo story. I made the mistake of playing Gessen and Hebijo on normal difficulty but I'm enjoying the game a lot more on Hard. I hope finishing this unlocks Homura's squad.

I could not get through Ikaruga's last story level on hard. Had to drop it down to normal for that level. T_T

Redhood

Played a bit and I have no idea what I am doing. Getting D grades on all missions except the opening training. Any tips how I should approach this game? Brawler? Action? Fighter? Musou?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you do the story missions or character missions? You're probably just a bit underleveled, as once you level up & get more powerful with more moves, getting better grades will be easier.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Played a bit and I have no idea what I am doing. Getting D grades on all missions except the opening training. Any tips how I should approach this game? Brawler? Action? Fighter? Musou?

You'll probably get a lot of Ds until you level up (unless you just Frantic all the time). It's not a big deal, so don't worry about it.

You should be going about it as a brawler with air combos. Do the tutorial. It teaches you the basic movement and combat options.

SerTapTap

I wish I thought of playing on hard.

my main issue with her lies in the fact that she's obviously using Hibari as a replacement for her sister and that really bugs the hell out of me, not to mention that her reason for wearing the eyepatch is really stupid since it greatly increases her chances of dying

Don't worry, Minori has a far worse reason for wearing an eyepatch. Also as shown by her level 5 super there's a practical/badass reason as well. but yeah I was pretty disappointed at both eyepatch characters

The ranks are pretty pointless and A is only possible with Frantic or being completely overleveled. I don't think they give extra experience and they're definitely not required for a trophy, so don't worry about it.

Redhood

Thanks guys. Will play a bit more. The controls are these right?

L: Shinobi transform; +face buttons: secret arts
R: Block; +touch enable frantic
X: Jump
Square: Attack
Triangle:?? on ground. Punch down when in air.
Circle: Dodge

Is there anything else I am missing? How do I parry? Once an enemy get me locked in his combo I cannot do anything while waiting my clothes tearaway. ;.;

Also the online is dead already? Could not find any matches last night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Triangle is basically your strong attack or launcher. Circle is dodge or dash. You parry by guarding just as you're getting attacked. Or you can press down on the D-Pad to cause a "burst" that'll allow you to escape most attacks in exchange for some HP.

SerTapTap

Thanks guys. Will play a bit more. The controls are these right?

L: Shinobi transform; +face buttons: secret arts
R: Block; +touch enable frantic
X: Jump
Square: Attack
Triangle:?? on ground. Punch down when in air.
Circle: Dodge

Is there anything else I am missing? How do I parry? Once an enemy get me locked in his combo I cannot do anything while waiting my clothes tearaway. ;.;

You can jump while being hit in the air, so jump and dash away from combos. Parry with good timing just before an attack connects, ground only. Also hold circle to run. Triangle is your heavy attack, it's almost always chargeable from a standing position, and usually ends your weak combo with a surface to air (press circle when you see the green flash). You can tap on an enemy or press up to lock-on, not all that useful for short ranged characters.

And yeah I didn't find many people online, will probably have to coordinate with people you know who play.

pariah164

You are a gentleman and a scholar, Zonic. Thanks for staying on top of this.

Man, I want to replay some of the missions but everyone's too highly levelled to make any of them remotely challenging, even on hard. Hoping Estival has something like DW's Chaos difficulty or Basara's handicap items to keep the challenge even when you're at max level. Even an option to reset a character’s level would be welcome. Might just start a new game.

I managed to get some matches in yesterday (1st time playing online) after setting up a room and waiting around for a bit, though I had to use bots to fill in the spaces. It's really good fun providing you're not on a stage which spawns regular enemies.

Sorry if it's not the right place but i just saw the new screenshots of estival versus , THIS IS SO BOUGHT.

Can't freaking wait

SO BOUGHT

GODDAMN

Eolz

The retailer exclusive for preordering Estival Versus make me sad because I know I'll never have some of them :(

Vylash

speaking of EV, have more really good looking screens

B37MI_OCcAAFs0W.jpg

B37MI9VCYAAvXEE.jpg

B37MI4RCMAA12Ci.jpg

B31ykY6CIAABqjR.png:large

SerTapTap

Man, I want to replay some of the missions but everyone's too highly levelled to make any of them remotely challenging, even on hard. Hoping Estival has something like DW's Chaos difficulty or Basara's handicap items to keep the challenge even when you're at max level. Even an option to reset a character’s level would be welcome. Might just start a new game.

All beat 'em ups with levels need a difficulty/something for max level characters that's still challenging. Almost all of them turn into a complete joke once you're max level. Maybe Dragon's Crown doesn't but I couldn't endure the grind

speaking of EV, have more really good looking screens

Oh god not the turtles

SerTapTap

I wonder if anyone would buy the Vita version if I got the two limited editions? I think I'd be okay playing Estival in japanese...I really don't need both versions though. I DO need both sets of figures, on the other hand

Demoskinos

So finally getting around to the Crimson Squad story. I'm not sure why there is such a fan base for Hikage. I mean, I'm not hating on her but she has no personality which in turn I guess is supposed to BE her personality but I just don't see why she has such a large fan base.

ShinMaruku

If I had $400 sitting around I think I would buy some of the figures. Maybe some other time.

I just got the 6k hit combo using Asuka and Ikaruga , that mission has become one of my fave grinding missions.

SerTapTap

If I had $400 sitting around I think I would buy some of the figures. Maybe some other time.

I just got the 6k hit combo using Asuka and Ikaruga , that mission has become one of my fave grinding missions.
Yeah the full sized ones are way too pricy for me, I still might get the limited editions with the minifigs too. They're less..awkward to display too

SerTapTap

I don't suppose they mentioned anything about the DLC working in Estival? That I'd support. Especially if there's a big ol' bundle. As is just adding everything to cart would be a pain

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Bon appetit stuff work in Vs or only the other way around?
Only the outfits/accessories from SV will work on Bon Appetit. Sadly doesn't work the other way around. The only "real" cross-DLC is Daidouji & Rin since if you buy them for Bon Appetit first, then they'll work on SV & vice versa.

ShinMaruku

Boy that Daidoji fight with Rin is a pain in the ass, She can block all my shit but I could not and she went ham enough that I was forced to use Rin batshit insane Level 3 and strip her completely naked. Boy to I love how Rin plays, she's sooo good!

Top Bottom