• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

kewlmyc

After so many great reveals this EVO (Jubei, Arika, BB Tag Battle, Jedah actually looking good, GEESE, and Trunks), ending on this is kinda lackluster to be honest.

Pompadour

Holy shit, awful design. Makes me a little glad I skipped this game altogether, how have the developers fallen so far? SF4 was incredible..

Also, isn't Abigail a female name??

Did you not see Rufus and Seth? Seth might be the worst design in all of Street Fighter.

ZenTzen

I think he looks fine, best decision they made was to make him freaking huge, at least more than hugo wether in height or body mass, and lets be real here, if he was just hugo sized, people would be complaning on why not just put hugo instead

In terms of his moveset, while he has some similar moves to hugo, his more brawler style is enough to differentiate him from his more wrestling focused counterpart

And its a shame that theres so much backlash against the character, but it seemed unavoidable after geese in tekken, trunks and to a lesser extent the jedah reveals

Just seems that capcom is gonna suffer through a bit more of this until they do a SSFV that expands on the game more, or puts more well known characters in the game

Ushay

Did you not see Rufus and Seth? Seth might be the worst design in all of Street Fighter.

I'm comparing the overall cast, come on now. SFV has set a pretty low bar. I mean, look at Akumas ridiculous lions mane, what is that supposed to be?

I admit, some are really cool like Urien, but across the board I think a lot of it is uninspired.

nded

I think the 3D models for Viper's first two costumes are poorly made. hamburger buns for breasts and a pelvis that looks like a lemon with two stick legs jammed into one end.

Look at it.
xDa7myG.jpg

Most Vanilla SFIV characters didn't get a decent looking model until their second or third alt costumes.

Garnox

I'm all for new characters instead of rehashing the same ones over again. The character himself looks interesting as far as design and size even, but the playstyle looks boring. We'll see.

That is one buff looking dude. Now that I'm taking a second look at the trailer, I'm not sure the animation is up to par with the rest of the cast.
I'm getting laughed at in the SFV thread for saying this, but this is the fucking objective truth. His movements are not as smooth or natural as the other characters and it looks weird.

alts look better at least. This season character wise, none are for me. I only want to learn how to destroy them. So far, just bought Akuma, saving all my FM for Season 3 looks like.

Please Capcom

Sagat
Sakura
Buff Ken 1 cool alt or Psycho Ken
Buff Defense
Makoto

Floex

I think I'm done with SFV, the character designs are just woeful. SF has always been silly, yes but this is just ridiculous.

JayEH

Trailer is getting destroyed on Youtube. That's why they saved the Egyptian waifu for after Abigail. All will be forgiven then.

RM8

I don't play this kind of characters, but I don't get the hate. He looks dumb, but he's not even the most dumb looking character. Not in a game with R. Mika. And his stage is cool, so at least he's got that, lol.

Kashiwaba

I don't get it they are trying something different, when Capcom tries something new people will complain and when they never change things and keep it the same they still complain :(

Rufus is one of the best characters in SF history, and I say that without irony.

Yeah! He's one of my favourite videogame characters, period. I doubt he'll return soon but hopefully he crops up again somewhere down the line.

I quite like the look of Abigail as well; he's still got that Metro City grime about him, tyre-tracks all over his legs and wears tyres on his arms for some reason. Also his head is tiny compared to his body and reminds me of the ones you'd twist off action figures.

I look forward to brute-forcing through fools with him next week.

I don't get it they are trying something different, when Capcom tries something new people will complain and when they never change things and keep it the same they still complain :(
Because we get great fucking character design like Sean and Ibuki and Q and folks scream about freaks

these folks then proceed to clamor for honda or blanka or t-hawk or deejay. smh

Well, he looks like he won't give a single shit about my poison traps as a FANG player. Still might sub him, even though his childish driving noises are...odd.

Floex

Because we get great fucking character design like Sean and Ibuki and Q and folks scream about freaks

these folks then proceed to clamor for honda or blanka or t-hawk or deejay. smh

Or could it be that the designs are just ugly?

Do we need Reese Howard comparisons here?

Rymuth

Watching the trailer again,I think I've grown fond of the design.

Still would've liked it if they had scaled back his upper body a lil bit

Momentary

Banned
While his animation isn't horrible, it doesn't look as good as the rest of the cast. Something is off with it. He seems a little rigid in some areas. I don't have too much vested in this game to really care enough since I haven't played I'm months. He does look a tad bit ridiculous, but I don't hate his design. Hopefully the rest of the season 2 roster has something that will pull me back in.

Top Bottom