• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shia LaBeouf talks with people in an elevator at Oxford 24 hous, livestream on youtub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
We all have done nasty stuff at some point in our lives.

The difference is that he has the internet on his back reminding him of his mistakes

Shia is a young man that had some issues, there are many like him out there. At least hes trying to sort of move on from it and doing interesting stuff along the way

I've never plagiarized, recklessly drove drunk, chased/harassed homeless people for hours and then got arrested for disrupting a play.

Come on now. I know celebrity worship has a tendency to make people carve out exceptions and rationalizations for shitty behavior but none of that stuff is just normal youth foolishness. Most people will never engage in that level of deviant behavior in their life and I'm glad for it because society would be even shittier.

People do change, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean we just hand wave away what he did or excuse it.

I've never plagiarized, recklessly drove drunk, chased/harassed homeless people for hours and then got arrested for disrupting a play.

Come on now. I know celebrity worship has a tendency to make people carve out exceptions and rationalizations for shitty behavior but none of that stuff is just normal youth foolishness. Most people will never engage in that level of deviant behavior in their life and I'm glad for it because society would be even shittier.

People do change, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean we just hand wave away what he did or excuse it.

I have zero interest in celebrities. Im not watching this or the allmymovies stuff and the only movies i have seen this guy in were transformers.

Its great that you havent done any of that, i havent either.

But to claim that people dont do fucked up stuff constantly just shows a complete lack of understanding of the human condition.

We learn by making mistakes but shia didnt have time for that. He was a disney star for christ sake. The behaviour you saw was just the pent up shit he didnt have the chance to do while growing up

PBY

Banned
I have zero interest in celebrities. Im not watching this or the allmymovies stuff and the only movies i have seen this guy in were transformers.

Its great that you havent done any of that, i havent either.

But to claim that people dont do fucked up stuff constantly just shows a complete lack of understanding of the human condition.

We learn by making mistakes but shia didnt have time for that. He was a disney star for christ sake. The behaviour you saw was just the pent up shit he didnt have the chance to do while growing up

In the words of Kanye - No you're not perfect but you're not your mistakes

"Do you believe in vampires"

And promptly the elevator doors closed

oh lord

Edit-Also he's talking about the 'I Am Sorry' phase.

nillah

Banned
001.jpg

DarkKyo

I really can't think of anyone who turned their image and reputation around better than Shia. Maybe RDJ, but that was a whole different sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom