• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEWILLNOTDIVIDE.US 24-hr Livestream (for 4 yrs of Trump presidency) (Shia LeBeouf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this stream quite a bit initially. Was super interesting seeing all these different people and some of the good vibes, dancing etc.

I really wonder how long this is gonna last though. Recently I tuned in and they had fenced off the entire area (as in completely closed off, not just for people to queue up like it had been done before). Seems like they removed the barricades the morning after though I do wonder what went down that caused them to do that. I couldn't go back far enough on the stream to find out.

At one point days prior I also tuned in and saw the dude in the camo hoodie almost get into a fight with two 4channers. They started shoving each other around and police had to pull them aside.

Seems inevitable that shit's gonna really hit the fan at some point.

GrimCitizen

Neo Member
First time seeing this just now... some dude in a puffy orange jacket by himself just going off about giving Israel back to the crusader states. Yeah I don't think this is going to go anywhere productive.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Been following this stream quite a bit initially. Was super interesting seeing all these different people and some of the good vibes, dancing etc.

I really wonder how long this is gonna last though. Recently I tuned in and they had fenced off the entire area (as in completely closed off, not just for people to queue up like it had been done before). Seems like they removed the barricades the morning after though I do wonder what went down that caused them to do that. I couldn't go back far enough on the stream to find out.

At one point days prior I also tuned in and saw the dude in the camo hoodie almost get into a fight with two 4channers. They started shoving each other around and police had to pull them aside.

Seems inevitable that shit's gonna really hit the fan at some point.

You can go back and watch it. You have to click the "event posts" icon at the top right, and choose an archive. It's this one:

5ARKOng.jpg

Cops showed up and eventually shut it down for the night around 11:15 in the archive. Before that it seems like it was just full of trolls and nazis vomiting memes and drowning out the few regulars who were there for the actual purpose of the exhibit. They would drown them out by screaming "reeee" and chanting stuff like "build the wall".

Here they are in the background huddled around one of their favourite memes before they took over the whole thing:

Some examples of people who were on stream:

Not sure what the tattoo on the left is, pretty sure the one on the right is a black sun. The other shirtless dude behind him came up to the camera at one point to declare "six million, that's bullshit, look into it".

This guy said "tell that faggot paperboy to go get a sex change so he'll have the balls to come down here and face pol"

It was a lot of that. I didn't watch any of that stuff live, so I just picked out bits by skimming through it now.

Ben (camo hoodie) has been one of the most positive people on the stream whenever I've tuned in. This is the incident I think you're talking about from last week:

Wasn't much to it really. The trolls spend a lot of their time trying to provoke him and I'm not going to fault him for getting tired of it. Just before the stuff on saturday that I posted above, another channer confronted ben because apparently he said he wanted to kick the channer's ass (for doxxing him, I think--people are regularly using his full name now and specific details about his family). Here they are surrounding him:

Ben just continued to repeat "he will not divide us" while the channer repeated "he will nut inside us", regularly screamed "reeee", and got the rest of the trolls surrounding him to chant "pussy". At one point the channer asks him why he won't kick his ass now that he's in front of him and ben, laughing, says something like "because you know I'd kill you", which to anyone with a brain means "i would win" in the context of a hypothetical fight, but of course all the trolls latched onto that and got all serious about it like it was a literal threat to murder him and "liberals are the real problem, look how violent they are! We're just here to have a discussion!"

Anyway, I hope the trolls don't end up getting it shut down, which I guess is partially what they want? Like you said, when it's the regular people showing up and dancing, chatting, making friends and just being cool, it's fun to watch or have on in the background. Some decent people still show up every day, but trolls inevitably show up too and start shitting it up for whatever reason.

Edit:

I forgot these guys showed up to the trolls' delight:

The slogan is "one people, one nation, end immigration". Identity Evropa is the name of the group. Looks like the guy with the tattoos above is one of theirs: https://twitter.com/identityevropa/status/784497620630642688

Arkeband

Banned
As performance art, this is pretty next-level. Started as a pretty simple and repetitive protest, and immediately it became a beacon for the filth of society to try to brigade it, and emboldened by seeing someone else outside of their basements, are doing it without concealing their identities.

Shoo LaBoo's done it again.

NandoGip

As performance art, this is pretty next-level. Started as a pretty simple and repetitive protest, and immediately it became a beacon for the filth of society to try to brigade it, and emboldened by seeing someone else outside of their basements, are doing it without concealing their identities.

Shoo LaBoo's done it again.

Seriously, when it was announced it sounded so fucking lame. Since then, It's like a storyline has developed from it organically, and I don't think it's just going to blow over.

SKINNER!

Banned
Cop car parked now parked overnight near the museum. There's archive footage of people approaching the camera and then being told to keep walking away. Show's over?

rjinaz

It was a cool idea and I enjoyed it before the pepers and the nazis showed up with their free speech.

I think they should all move on from the project.

Not surprised. It was interesting but obviously was soured on when the poltards and red pillars came out and it became a daily discussion of ridicule and spreading their nonsensical propaganda. Plus their numbers grew and grew which made it mandatory for police to be stationed outside of there 24/7 since the neighborhood was complaining about disturbance every night. So again, not surprised the folks who run the museum thought it was more troublesome than what it's worth.

Rootbeer

Banned
Became incredibly infested with trolls. Feel sorry for Shia. Yeah he got into an altercation which wasn't cool, but he was having his limits severely tested by assholes by the hour. If he weren't a celeb on live stream they surely would have gotten a thumping and nobody could have rightfully claimed that they didn't bring it upon themselves. But he's held to a higher standard due to his status. Which also makes him a target.

Hope he puts more thought into his next art project.

Oppo

Not surprised. It was interesting but obviously was soured on when the poltards and red pillars came out and it became a daily discussion of ridicule and spreading their nonsensical propaganda. Plus their numbers grew and grew which made it mandatory for police to be stationed outside of there 24/7 since the neighborhood was complaining about disturbance every night. So again, not surprised the folks who run the museum thought it was more troublesome than what it's worth.

it makes me want to design an outdoor art installation with net connectivity like this one

but specifically designed to attract and troll the trolls

I think it served its purpose of letting the white supremacist trolls show themselves to the world and visually link nazism and trumpism for anyone who was still doubting the association.

Christhor

I think it served its purpose of letting the white supremacist trolls show themselves to the world and visually link nazism and trumpism for anyone who was still doubting the association.

If only. There were a bunch of minorities who were there trolling the stream and you know that a bunch of people will use that as an argument against it being a white supremacist thing.

A pity, but yeah this was doomed from the start

True, it was definitely interesting seeing 4chan nazis in real life (though I may have lost my faith in humanity).

dickroach

so uh... what is "he will not divide us" supposed to mean again? the country is extremely divided right now.

also downtown Albuquerque around Central Ave's super cool. I was there a few months ago.

Christhor

so uh... what is "he will not divide us" supposed to mean again? the country is extremely divided right now.

also downtown Albuquerque around Central Ave's super cool. I was there a few months ago.

It has to be about the people who are against Trump. That they won't be divided by him. That's the only thing that makes sense, but I've never heard any concrete info on what the meaning is behind it.

It has to be about the people who are against Trump. That they won't be divided by him. That's the only thing that makes sense, but I've never heard any concrete info on what the meaning is behind it.
It starts with people who don't support Trump: don't be divided.

Then it moves to all Americans: don't be divided.

Baby steps... over four years...

akira28

NM? I mean, it's closer to me so yay, but kind of a weird spot for something like this.

What is so weird about it? And what would be a better spot for it?

I don't think your average weekend troll with smartphone messaging would go all the way out there to mess with it.

What is so weird about it? And what would be a better spot for it?

I don't think your average weekend troll with smartphone messaging would go all the way out there to mess with it.
Not to talk shit about ABQ cuz it seems legit and I wanna visit it some day but I thought if this was gonna go anywhere else it would switch coasts to another major city just because of the nature of it being a 24 hour stream and ease of access for the people behind it.

It's placement tells me yeah, trolls might not show up in numbers (for now) but once the initial hype dies down maybe the good folks that show up and do the mantra will start to thin out as well.

Up until the trolls reaaaaally started showing up in the final days of the NY stream, there would be a few pockets of dead time. I imagine it'll be a ghost zone after 10pm in a few weeks if people don't start trying to start shit again.

Which I guess doesn't matter, if people don't show up as much as in NYC but I imagine LA would have been good. Maybe even having the exhibit purposely move around will help to keep trolls off and the hype from dying.

janoDX

Which I guess doesn't matter, if people don't show up as much as in NYC but I imagine LA would have been good. Maybe even having the exhibit purposely move around will help to keep trolls off and the hype from dying.

Moving it once per month to another city would be great.

Yeah, it could be pretty dope though no doubt some places would probably end up more receptive than others and I'm sure the logistics are a headache, took them more than a week to find the new one.

They even could have hit every single contiguous state for a month by the time Trump's term would be over (please not that long) if they had done this monthly from the get go.

I agree with this. So far, it's going strong. Thank goodness it's a change of pace from the garbage I've been seeing in NYC. I'm just glad the majority there doesn't think the same way as those trolls.

janoDX

/pol/ is desperate right now, they're trying to get a troll in there but Police was informed, taxis just drive by, and any troll appearing got stealth taken out by Shia or other people.

EDIT: Shia went on stream, and he told some "nice words" to /pol/.

/pol/ is desperate right now, they're trying to get a troll in there but Police was informed, taxis just drive by, and any troll appearing got stealth taken out by Shia or other people.

EDIT: Shia went on stream, and he told some "nice words" to /pol/.
Oh snap, I missed it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Good lord, they need to install a better microphone.
Worst part of the stream, yeah. Not only is the quality bad, but it's VERY VERY LOUD. I have to keep the volume bar at about 1 or 2% or I blow my ears out. It's way way louder than the other sound on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom