• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS: Trump Jr. Breaks Vow; Will Not Testify Under Oath

Syriel

Like you didn't see this one coming.

Despite claiming that he would happily testify under oath, Don Jr. and Paul Manafort struck a deal w/the Senate Committee on the Judiciary which allows them to appear, but not appear under oath.

Donald Trump Jr. and Paul Manafort will not testify under oath when they appear before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary to answer questions in connection with Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Trump Jr. vowed that he would give testimony under oath during a July 11 appearance on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program, asserting that he had “nothing to hide.”

How much do you want to bet that Trump Jr. will be "correcting" his testimony before the committee due to "accidental oversight" in the coming months?

Source:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-oath-at-senate-hearing/ar-AAoGw2U?li=BBmkt5R

UberTag

No oath means he can lie to his heart's content and his handlers at Fox can spin his words as gospel to their legions of brain-dead followers. America is great again!

At this point, they should just cancel this whole farce of a song and dance show.
Might as well invite Kellyanne Conway to speak if you're going to treat them with this level of kid gloves.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It's just so when the truth comes out they can't be tried for lying under oath. This way they at least get out of that.

PBalfredo

Also, "struck a deal"? How the fuck does that work in this situation?

"Hey guys, I'd really appreciate if I was, y'know, not under oath for this thing."

"okay"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is this like pleading the fifth?

Syriel

I believe lying to Congress is a crime either way. The oath is just kind of theater.

When is the last time someone was prosecuted for lying to Congress tho?

I mean, it's not like we don't have any instances of falsehoods being stated on the record in recent memory.

How many of those were followed up?

Just sayin'.

If the oath were just theater, then why is Trump Jr. afraid to testify under oath?

tumblr_nrmaovGoLK1qhqb9no3_400.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I still don't get how they get to do these meetings privately. It's a bunch of BS.

The best thing for the establishment is to tear down this presidency quietly. It's humiliating for the Washington machine that these bumbling hustlers managed to brag their way to the presidency with Russian help and that an entire party fell right in line behind them.

what's the point then? it's a private meeting with congress and no oath needed so he can BS through the entire hearing.....

with all the russia crap going on, it seems so obvious that the collusion with russia is real, but absolutely nothing will happen to all the people at the top of this thing regardless of what they find.

So... Now what? This is all pointless without the oath isn't it?

Can't people just spam the words "COWARD" and "PUSSY" at them? I'm pretty sure Junior is dumb enough and egotistical enough that he can't let it slide and goes back to testifying under oath.

Siegcram

Not like that matters. He'll either "not recall" or he could lie and still be legally liable.

Which he probably doesn't know, so as per usual this will fly back in his face.

UberTag

The best thing for the establishment is to tear down this presidency quietly. It's humiliating for the Washington machine that these bumbling hustlers managed to brag their way to the presidency with Russian help and that an entire party fell right in line behind them.
And yet a quiet tear down is the exact opposite of what your ratings-obsessed news media empire so covets.
Your country's humiliation will not go away no matter how much you try to sweep it under the rug. The rest of the world shall remember and respond in kind.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So... Now what? This is all pointless without the oath isn't it?

Can't people just spam the words "COWARD" and "PUSSY" at them? I'm pretty sure Junior is dumb enough and egotistical enough that he can't let it slide and goes back to testifying under oath.

From what I understand, even if he was under oath and was lying, congress still has to request an investigation from the Justice Department for punishment. Guess how likely that is with a Republican congress?

From what I understand, even if he was under oath and was lying, congress still has to request an investigation from the Justice Department for punishment. Guess how likely that is with a Republican congress?

If only we could get him to confess everything like the last time.... @_@

Top Bottom