• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shoot1UP Official Thread - a new Xbox Live Indie shmup!

jedimike

I bought it from marketplace and will try it out later. I appreciate the indie guys who make some great stuff and then throw it out there for a $1.

Tain

No offense, but cheap poorly balanced 'euroshmups' like this tend to tarnish the genre in the public image and end up making quality titles seem overpriced, since your average gamer can't tell between a good shmup and a bad one. That's bad news for Caves overseas release plans.

Also I'll plug my brothers free shmup XOP Black. http://rydia.net/udder/prog/xopblack

This post is gold even outside of the price thing. Instead of playing the mediocre game here, play another mediocre game!

scitek said:
not to mention your typical elitist shmup-snob attitude.

lol, sweet.

mjemirzian said:
No offense, but cheap poorly balanced 'euroshmups' like this tend to tarnish the genre in the public image and end up making quality titles seem overpriced, since your average gamer can't tell between a good shmup and a bad one. That's bad news for Caves overseas release plans.

Also I'll plug my brothers free shmup XOP Black. http://rydia.net/udder/prog/xopblack
What a piece of shit thing to say. Not to mention that it completely contradicts itself.

And way to go protecting the genre's dignity by continuing to call it a "shmup". Wtf kind of word is shmup? Sounds like something you should wipe off the bottom of your shoe.

mjemirzian said:

Man, I hope someone with a hammer reads this soon. What a dick move.

Besides, I think you have it backwards. Games like this lead people to take a chance on the genre and if they like it, they can check out the universally-accept "best" games. I'm pretty sure most gamer with half a brain realize a one dollar indie game is not likely to stand up to the best of the best.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dark Octave said:
What a piece of shit thing to say. Not to mention that it completely contradicts itself.

And way to go protecting the genre's dignity by continuing to call it a "shmup". Wtf kind of word is shmup? Sounds like something you should wipe off the bottom of your shoe.

I don't see anything wrong with calling it a shmup. That's pretty much what the genre is called now. You can blame FPS for that. :p

Well after years of calling Streets of Rage-Final Fight esque games Beatumups, someone turned me on to the term "Conveyor Belt Action" which is I guess what the Japanese call them. I really liked the name, so that's what I call them now.

I wonder what the Japanese call shmups... honestly I'm fine just calling them vertical and horizontal shooters but because of FPS you will just confuse someone when you tell them you love shooters.

I told someone I was really into 2d shooters and they said "what, like Doom 1?"

Rat Salad

Banned
mjemirzian said:

Your brother's game looks like someone tossed off in his salad. Mighty ugly game there,I wouldn't be linking to such an eyesore.

Rat Salad

Banned
shuri said:
I'm surprised that the titty fucking art was allowed! :lol

Yeah well its not everyday you see bionic breasts dislodge from a female bosse's chest. :b
I was cracking up mighty hard when that happened. Fun game,though I wish I could play abit more decently on the hardest difficulty,that is unforgiving but keeps you coming back for more none the less. I like that youre not given the ability to collect more powerups for fire power in this difficulty setting,changes the whole game around after that.
80 points is a steal for this game.

chixdiggit

Holy Crap! This thread just made me remember that I bought this game when it first released. Still have yet to try it, just got lost in the shuffle.

Top Bottom