• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

karlikk said:
Need to get some furniture.
img0001jg3.jpg

Subwoofah
img0003pi5.jpg
I'm totally digging the red/white theme and wood floors. Awesome game room. I'll bet the sound in that room is awesome as well.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
xTOXNx said:
That last picture made up for all the pointless pictures I had to scroll to to see it.

GJ

I remember when I was like 10 and I went to Jumbo Video when they were liquidating......

I went to grab virtua cop 2 w/LightGun and some guy grabbed it right before me. =(

Saturn despite all of its faults was definetly one of my favorite systems.

Yeah, editted my post because I realized... 90% of those pictures WERE pointless.

Anyway, I'm about to take some pictures of my Saturn collection and the Turbo Grafx 16. The only two games I'm missing from my Saturn collection that I really want to get a hold of are Dragonforce and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I like that set up. I'd be interested in seeing a side shot of it and maybe a close up of how it's built into the wall.

karlikk

We Are Ninja said:
I'm totally digging the red/white theme and wood floors. Awesome game room. I'll bet the sound in that room is awesome as well.

It's a very decent 5.1 setup, nothing too flashy except for the Subwoofer. Gives me always goosebumps watching trailers like the Halo 3 announcement.

jtardiou said:
god, EVERYONE HAS IT!

how do u guys get that tv stand? they wont ship online and theres like, no ikeas anywhere :\

Unfortunately you have to drive. I've been to Ikea probably 7 or 8 times, takes about 3-4 hours each way. But some of their products simply have no competing alternative at local stores, so I always end up making the trip.

Now, here's the part that sucks. I've had that Magiker stand picked out for my basement (when it's finished) for over a year - but according to the website, it's never in stock at the Pittsburgh store, which is the closest one to me until Cincinnati opens.

Danielsan

My setup doesn't even come close to what other people here have but I can't complain.

PIC_0001.jpg

PIC_0002-1.jpg

PIC_0003-1.jpg

I also have a Playstation 1 and Sega Megdrive tucked in my closet.

megashock5 said:
Unfortunately you have to drive. I've been to Ikea probably 7 or 8 times, takes about 3-4 hours each way. But some of their products simply have no competing alternative at local stores, so I always end up making the trip.

Now, here's the part that sucks. I've had that Magiker stand picked out for my basement (when it's finished) for over a year - but according to the website, it's never in stock at the Pittsburgh store, which is the closest one to me until Cincinnati opens.

theyre opening a Cincy one?

awesome.

jaask

Here are couple pics from my setup. I only have Xbox360 atm, waiting for better games to be released for Wii and PS3.

pic1xj4.jpg

pic2bj2.jpg

Jim

My new "kid resistant" entertainment center and TV (50" 1080p SXRD).
Need to spend some time figuring out how to take better pics off the set and stocking/arranging all my new found storage space and shelves.

tv1.jpg

It feels good to finally post in one of my fav threads...

Alfarif said:
I like that set up. I'd be interested in seeing a side shot of it and maybe a close up of how it's built into the wall.

I can do that for you...I'll do it later after I'm finished my report...

brandonh83 said:
God I'd be so paranoid about that shelf falling, it has a PS3 and a 360 on it, god couldn't even lift that

I guess you're talking to me? It's find...its mounted properly into the studs in my wall...It holds up to 175lbs...I was acutally sitting on it before I placed all my stuff on it to see if it would hold...

btrboyev said:
the xbox also looks slanted downwards...i wouldn't put my systems on that thing thats for sure.

I was standing while taking the shot...everything is perfectly level...why would I want to place crazy $$$ on to something that has my electronics falling off?

Eteric Rice

Danielsan said:
My setup doesn't even come close to what other people here have but I can't complain.

PIC_0001.jpg

PIC_0002-1.jpg

PIC_0003-1.jpg

I also have a Playstation 1 and Sega Megdrive tucked in my closet.

That TV, how much was it? I like it. :)

And does it play SD content well?

Danielsan

Eteric Rice said:

It was €577.00. :)
SD content doesn't look that great on it but I still need to buy some component cables to see if that makes a difference.

Alright, sorry about the dust...I'm cleaning this long weekend.

The wall stand works like this. There is a large heavy wall bracket, that mounts directly to the wall with 4 long screws that you need to jackhammer into the wall. These were easily 6-8 inches long, maybe longer. I thought that they were going to poke out the other side of the wall LOL.

DSC06782.jpg

Then once its secure, the stand is connected to the bracket with smaller think screws. All the weight is distrabuted through the bracket. I checked to see it was level a few times and it was spot on.

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06778.jpg

I then sat down on it for a little bit to see if it would flex. Nothing happened...It was still even level.

DSC06777.jpg

Eteric Rice said:

I have the 32" version of that tv. I paid 1079 USD before the Super Bowl for it. I like it a lot for 360 and PS3 games--it's a good tv but it's a great value. Some SD cable channels are fine, but for programming of lower quality, like those cheap reruns some channels like to use, it kind of looks crappy. Let's say that if you like to watch a lot of TNT and USA Law and Order or Charmed reruns, you won't like it. I don't, so it's cool. :)

Jefklak

Danielsan said:
It was €577.00. :)
SD content doesn't look that great on it but I still need to buy some component cables to see if that makes a difference.

what samsung is it actually, a 32"?
edit: too fast. seems it's 23" or?

Snogger_T

l_836904cb2b8255a0ad5185bfd18f48c0.jpg

This is my setup right now, but it's kind of sloppy for my taste. In a few weeks I'm going to decide on whether I'm moving or staying home while I go back to college, but either way...I'm going to try and reorganize it all somehow.

Dina

IMAG1486small.jpg

My room is pretty narrow so it's not too impressive (note the 10 year old wallpaper of a dutch soccerteam, ugh) compared to some sick setups posted here. PC is somewhere else, nothing awesome there either.

jaask

OverHeat said:
For the love of GOD jaask....dont use vivid mode with your SXRD :lol
Hehe of course not, have calibrated it of course :) That's my cheap camera doing it's tricks (and me not being good at photographing) :lol

Danielsan

Jefklak said:
what samsung is it actually, a 32"?
edit: too fast. seems it's 23" or?
It's a 26".
I only sit 1/1.5 meters away from the screen (due to lack of space in my room) so 32"would have been overkill.

Hey guys, I always love this thread so I thought, what better way to show my appreciation by participating.

Now please bear with me, I didn't make photo's of all my old consoles and games, just the stuff that's pretty new and my main games-shelf. Also, I still live at my parents house (almost done with my educuation journalism - when I start making money Im outta here kupo) so thats why you get the 'room in parents house' vibe. Duh.

My Samsung 32""... pretty happy with it, even though most of you have bigger ones. This one will probably go in my bedroom once Im moving in with my gf.

mozgamesetup01.jpg

And behind it my current most played consoles. PS2, Xbox 360 and Wii. This summer, PS3 will join them. It will not replace the PS2 since Sony decided to screw Europe over with B/C

mozgamesetup02.jpg

And here is my main gaming shelf. Needs to be fed more games but hey, Im just a student.

mozgamesetup03.jpg

mozgamesetup04.jpg

My couch with what appears to be a white appearance above the pillow... a ghost? Sick.

mozgamesetup06.jpg

New PC bought this year... with Vista, can easily handle Crysis me thinks.

mozgamesetup07.jpg

Well, thats it for now folks. Dont feel like digging out the old consoles and handhelds. I hope it was somewhat enjoyable. Tips/comments/compliments always welcome.

Finally moved into t3h new place. A few pics:

DSC02591_edited.jpg

DSC02565.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

HD = played out. It's all about the SDTV with... wait for it... S-Video.

DSC02594_edited.jpg

I've got a few more, 56K makes it hard to upload pics... :(

Mar

All my shit is still the same. But I've packed a few more games in the shelves. I really, really need new shelves.

games.jpg

Top Bottom