• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

46" Samsung LCD 1080p.

DSC00662.gif

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Today is my birthday, so yeah, I got myself an HDTV and set it up.

After I go out to eat I'm also going to get GRAW 2 and Oblivion (I know, I should've had it) for my 360.

Along with some clothes and cash. :)

New Setup, camera sucks, so yeah (Nothing special, but atleast it's thread worthy now):

1001074hv0.jpg

1001076fi9.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i got the 37" samsung with the silver stripe, PS2 looks like crap on it, even with component cables, was pretty bummed out about that, but ps2 games on ps3 with HDMI looks really good luckily :)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Stabby McSter said:
how is that samsung lcd?
any pics with it in action?

I have the same one. I have yet to purchase a 360 or PS3 to really show it off, but so far I think it's a great set. Even ps2 looks good on it through component. Mine's a 26", and I think the one in the pic is too.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
yes i noticed on the 32" the PS2 looks better too, maybe 37" is a weird resolution for the ps2 too scale too, because on the left and right it doesnt fill up my whole screen either. luckily 720p looks AMAZING on it tho :)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Tiduz said:
yes i noticed on the 32" the PS2 looks better too, maybe 37" is a weird resolution for the ps2 too scale too, because on the left and right it doesnt fill up my whole screen either. luckily 720p looks AMAZING on it tho :)

yes well on my model there are bars to the left and the right too. It only happens when I play 60hz games though, not on 50hz. Maybe it's some scaler issue

Tiduz

Eurogaime
on the resolution comment, i do know that, fact is ps2 looked better on 32" of the same line of samsung tv's than on my 37". im talking about this one:
le32s71_l2.jpg

Lefty42o

Banned
Darunia said:
I have the same one. I have yet to purchase a 360 or PS3 to really show it off, but so far I think it's a great set. Even ps2 looks good on it through component. Mine's a 26", and I think the one in the pic is too.

i have the 40 inch version of that tv. here are a couple pics of it mine is the ln-t4061. these are ps3 shots. will take some of the 360 from component at 1080p later and post them. I am waiting to get my elite. hdmi ftw

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Lefty42o said:
halo 3 in 1080p anyone?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/leftyy2k4/IMG_0259.jpg[/IMG]
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/leftyy2k4/IMG_0258.jpg[/IMG]
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/leftyy2k4/IMG_0256.jpg[/IMG]
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/leftyy2k4/IMG_0252.jpg[/IMG]

Seeing those makes me smile....and drool :D

Lefty42o

Banned
got2bekidding said:
Seeing those makes me smile....and drool :D

oh yeah. in person they look even better. this tv is awsome. worth every penny

my ps3, 360 and tv are all hooked up to an onkyo tx-sr604 7.1 reciever with polk audio speakers. man when i am gaming its freaking rocking. Got full metal jacket on bluray. that movie rocks with my surround on.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
thescreen with the shield impresses me, i only go upto 1080i but that pics looks smooth too bad theyre so expensive :p

sh4mike

First four shots are the next-gen room (currently 360+Wii). Last shot is my last-gen basement (PS2+GC+Xbox).

Next-gen room:
Vizio 42" plasma
Denon AVR-2807
SVS 5.1 speakers
Berkline 090

Last-gen room:
Toshiba 57" CRT
Yamaha receiver
Yamaha 5.1 speakers

90606819xo3.jpg

35831438if2.jpg

20626917xr8.jpg

89763089ya6.jpg

82649681dy6.jpg

Jefklak

I have no idea why so many people have a BASEMENT full of gaming stuff and a big ass TV with 3948465 consoles, while upstairs they have another plasma with so-called "nextgen" systems. Why on earth would you need two expensive setups like that? I'm assuming you all have a job, so you'll barely have time top lay with either setup...

oh right, "yeah I play in the basement when the wife wants to watch TV"
right, very social beings...

Lefty42o

Banned
Jefklak said:
I have no idea why so many people have a BASEMENT full of gaming stuff and a big ass TV with 3948465 consoles, while upstairs they have another plasma with so-called "nextgen" systems. Why on earth would you need two expensive setups like that? I'm assuming you all have a job, so you'll barely have time top lay with either setup...

jealous any? lol

any way i have one killer "MAN" room. and lucky enough i do not work. i am a stay at home dad, times a changing. who also came into a lot of money. so i can play my toys and buy my toys.

but with that said stop with the negativity man. if you don't like it thats on you but hating is so last gen lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jefklak said:

This shit has no place in this thread.

amrum

bad-joey said:
Awesome setups in this thread. I'm still looking for a good sound system.
My living room, 32 inch Samsung, PS3, 360, some games and Hayabusa. I've framed the Valkyrie Profile wallscroll :)

LE32R52BD ? I have the 26 inches one. :)

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Some of you guys have some serious feng shui going on. I'm a bit jealous. I have no decorating gene whatsoever (plus, I'm straight). ;)

JOKE! Seriously, I think I need to hire someone to makeover my pad. Nice setups, guys!

karlikk

Really nice setup Joey, are those chairs comfortable for longer gaming sessions when you want to stretch your legs?

CAVE343

karlikk said:
Really nice setup Joey, are those chairs comfortable for longer gaming sessions when you want to stretch your legs?

thanks! they are pretty comfy, and I usually let my legs rest on the table :)
if Im really lazy I turn the tv a bit and sit on the couch :)

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm a poor student living in a 25sqm apartment but I'm doing my best at least. The reason why I don't have a 360 yet is because I'm waiting for the elite but it looks like it will be a long wait here in Sweden. :(

rum1.jpg

rum2.jpg

rum3.jpg

rum4.jpg

Denali

bad-joey said:
My living room, 32 inch Samsung, PS3, 360, some games and Hayabusa. I've framed the Valkyrie Profile wallscroll :)

By night :)

More booze in the kitchen :lol
PS2, PSP and DSlite in the bedroom :)

Really loving this setup. :)

I'll post up my (less than mediocre) setup here in a few.

EDIT: had wrong link

Those are Onix Rocket 550's in Rosewood with the risers. I have a pair in my media room and they do rock my friend.

edit: They don't come with the risers, they're an extra 110 bux roughly.

Eteric Rice

bad-joey said:

Dining tabel and Packard Bell laptop with Vista

By night :)

Normally, I'd rip on you for not having a Wii. But I see that you're a Superman fan, so I forgive you. :p

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Nah, not even half of 360 will fit there (seriously), plus the ps3 blows air out of its side, it np tho since my bro takes the 360 upstairs alot tho :)

MaX_PL

Banned
i meant taking the PS2 out and putting it elsewhere like near the Wii, and putting the Xbox 360 next to the PS3 considering theres plenty of room there.

but if your bro uses it all the time then nevermind.

it being on the subwoofer, however, does mean it'll break soon...

Tiduz said:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/Tiduz18/pc.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/Tiduz18/consoles.jpg[IMG]

had no room for 360 so its on the woofer next to it :lol[/QUOTE]

You've gotta do something about that 360. Sitting on a subwoofer like that is gonna kill the HDD.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
when i use the 360 i place it on a little table, but yeah i need to find another spot for it soon, youre right

sif

omg I have been giggling like a schoolgirl all day because my dad and I went to our local HT dealer and he has agreed to get a kef reference series 7.1 set (the sub is a velodyne)! The fronts are model 207 with a 204c centre and 206ds for the rear and surround speakers. Arcam AV9 processor and P1 monoblock poweramps from our old system to go with them. It all gets set up in a month, once our plasma arrives, which btw is a panasonic th50pz700. I will take pics when it's all here.

Norse

bad-joey said:

Hey, where did you get the blinds for your windows? I have 2 huge 57" by 67" windows in my living room and want to replaced my mini blind with something like silhouette shades from Hunter Douglas but that will run over 1k..those blinds you have seem a bit more in my price range. Nice clean setup too.

Top Bottom