• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

ant1532 said:
Some newer pics showing more of my games rather than my setup.

I'm not really into the whole "have my games all over my room to showoff" since no offence to others but I just think thats weird. They are all in my closet...
Meh. I tried that, but it sucked having to get up, go into a closet, and dig through boxes/drawers everytime I wanted to switch games/consoles.

To each his own. :)

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Lefty42o said:
if u must know i am. the wife and I are buying a house so we will be getting all new furniture here soon. sorry if my small aprtment and second hand furniture hurts your eyes

They're just busting your chops, my good man. Whatever works, works is what I say.

mollipen

mrklaw said:
Finally have mine pretty much finished

whole2.jpg

I want to make sweet, sweet love to this room. Also really love karlikk's set-up. Color schemes for rooms FTW.

Chittagong

Gold Member
mrklaw said:

whole2.jpg

My new wall of units - gloss white and a stripe of red to go with the sofa. Lighting behind the TV, between the top of the units and the ceiling, and in the spaces either side of the TV (vase and PS3 section).

Holy shit that is ****ing sweeeeeet. Beautiful.

I'm still waiting for a couple things too before posting my this years setup - new speakers, amp and TV table mainly.

J-Rzez

mrklaw said:

whole2.jpg

I have to ask, is that a prefabbed entertainment center, or is it a custom fabbed one? This is seriosly something I was looking for the longest time, either with a similar color scheme, or one in Navy with White trim... My whole living room is on hold because I'd have to buy matching color sofa/recliner to go with it... :lol

Gorgeous set up...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
J-Rzez said:
I have to ask, is that a prefabbed entertainment center, or is it a custom fabbed one? This is seriosly something I was looking for the longest time, either with a similar color scheme, or one in Navy with White trim... My whole living room is on hold because I'd have to buy matching color sofa/recliner to go with it... :lol

Gorgeous set up...

bit of both. Its from IKEA and is made up of lots of little units bolted together, then I added doors, also from IKEA. Lighting is from the local DIY store (standard halogen spots and tube lighting across the top - visible in the side photo). So easy enough to knock up, just needed lots of gridded paper to plan it out in advance and checking colours etc.

The messy wiring on the left is now hidden away, and I'll seal off the gap on the left with some more white wood eventually.

dock

We have a winner! I hope you don't mind, but where did you buy your sofa, and how much did it cost? I'm in the UK too. It really looks fantastic, great job.

I think when I next move house I'll go for a unit/wall setup like you have here. It's a great look, and very tidy and practical. I think once you have the wood filling up the gaps at the side it will look especially good.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DFS. Cost about £1200. You can make it almost any shape - they have left hand/right hand corners, arms, flat bits, extensions. In hindsight I'd have liked the end nearest the photo to be flat as then people could sit on the end, but the arm is fine too.

ant1532

Banned
We Are Ninja said:
Meh. I tried that, but it sucked having to get up, go into a closet, and dig through boxes/drawers everytime I wanted to switch games/consoles.

To each his own. :)
Yeah but I still would rather go through it than having all the crap out for show and everyone to see. Just my opinion. And plus most of it is getting boxed up soon and put away.

simpleton

theater1.jpg

theater2.jpg

Here's my first post. Took like a month to get approval here. Unfortunately for you I am drunk right now, so perhaps I might be banned in a couple more posts.

What else do you want to see? Perhaps my penis or shotgun collection? Seriously, nice to be able to post a month or more after registering. You are lucky I never forgot about shit site. If I did you would have missed insightful drunk posts like this.

Did I just get banned? I will be back tomorrow when I am sober.

ant1532

Banned
simpleton said:
BTW, 71 inch 1080P TV, just in case anyone wanted to insult me. I know you did.
You can edit your post instead of double posting and bumping the thread up and trying to get more people to see your setup.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nick Bean said:
So thats my setup. After having only 5 channels growing up I went crazy when I got my own house.

I like the PSP getting its own shelf :).

But the cables! Won't somebody think of the children!

simpleton said:
What else do you want to see? Perhaps my penis or shotgun collection?

whats the difference?

Nice setup BTW. You want some buttkickers on those chairs.

ant1532 said:
You can edit your post instead of double posting and bumping the thread up and trying to get more people to see your setup.

I'm pretty certain that a two minute gap between posts doesn't count as "bumping" for greater visibility.

Kadey said:
I do most of my personal gaming here. I have several other setups throughout the house.

my.php

I agree with ^^^. I don't really see the use of having three screens, esp. clumped together like that. It seems like a not very good use of some great resources, frankly.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can watch TV, play games and surf all at the same time. Even more possibilties are open since all three hardware has picture in picture. It's more convenient for me since I do lots of reports and business related stuff on my PC.

Boerseun

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Now I know why you're pissed about the Wii's graphics, and why you probably notice little shit like "grass textures" and "great lighting."

Lucky for gaming in general, GAF is the exception and not the rule.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Kadey said:
I do most of my personal gaming here. I have several other setups throughout the house.

my.php

my next move really needs to be to get another TV into the house. Maybe having a 2nd xbox connected to my PC monitor (1680x1050 please MS!), or a TV in my bedroom with a good pair of headphones. Gaming is tricky when the kids (or wife) are watching something, so it'd be nice to be able to steal the odd half-hour here or there.

Roat

Banned
My simple setup; cheaped out on the TV and stand but it works nice. You can get some pretty good rear projection sets for nothing these days since they're being phased out.

croppedwe7.jpg

Roat said:
My simple setup; cheaped out on the TV and stand but it works nice. You can get some pretty good rear projection sets for nothing these days since they're being phased out.

croppedwe7.jpg

Why do you have something hooked up with composite there?

Roat

Banned
akachan ningen said:
Why do you have something hooked up with composite there?

The old 'Ahh I've got my Wii and Zelda, what else could I possibly need?' as I walked out of the store. I'll get a cable soon, but to be honest it doesn't look that bad

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Hotarubi said:
I'm toeing the line of eligibility since there's only a Gamecube (which isn't even hooked up) and a few games. :) Plasmas are kind of a bitch to take good pics of...

http://www.imagemule.com/uploads/st01F6zR.jpg[/mg]

Target-theme aside, I really like karlikk's colors and setup. Mrklaw's is pretty nice, too, although I'm not crazy about the cubes/shelves being free-standing; if it was built into the wall, it's be a lot more slick.[/QUOTE]

The Host, nice :)

Where and how much were those movie poster frames? Everything I find seems to be a lot more than I'm willing to spend and I just need something simple that protects them.

Top Bottom