• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

Matix

marwan said:
get rid of those blue neon lights, that looks really tacky!

ant1532 said:
lol I didn't want to say anything but yeah... Those blue neon lights... :lol Please get rid of them. Kills the whole thing. Besides that, real nice

Actually the lights look pretty slick IMO (like my personal opinion counts for anything).

marwan

Banned
ant1532 said:
lol I didn't want to say anything but yeah... Those blue neon lights... :lol Please get rid of them. Kills the whole thing. Besides that, real nice

the entire rooms looks like the inside of a PC rig with those lights! lol.

-WindYoshi- said:
I think those blue lights complete the setup!
They look absolutely awesome... and somehow soothing.

soothing? more like blinding!

Before I bought COD4 or else it'd be in there.

me020.jpg

marwan said:
:lol dude, what country are you at? "Lipton" and "Puck" cheese are very popular in the middle east. Are you in Egypt? Iran? Syria? ...?

Awesome setup! :)

Using only those picture I can say with 99% certainty that he's in Saudi Arabia. I've also narrowed it down a specific city, Riyadh.

I've got too much time on my hands. :(

Raxel

marwan said:
the entire rooms looks like the inside of a PC rig with those lights! lol.

soothing? more like blinding!

The lights aren't anywhere near that bright, I photograph without flash so the exposure makes them look brighter.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Some of you guys really need to move your 360 consoles more out in the open. I wouldn't have anything within a foot of either side if it were me.

New (for me anyways) Sony 1080P SXRD front projector...

DSC07180.jpg

DSC07184.jpg

DSC07181.jpg

DSC07171.jpg

BR version of open season...it's a bit pixelated because of my stupid older digicam...I can't seem to get the sharpness down...

DSC07169.jpg

Studebaker said:
[Pic]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z187/pstudeba/HomeTheatre.jpg[/pic]

I've been building and refining this setup since I first saw this forum back in March.

Specs:
52" Sony Bravia XBR (52XBR3)
Sony STR-DG800 Amplifier
Sony upscaling DVD player
JWin DVD player (hacked to be region free and to play both NTSC/PAL)
Home-theater PC (AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB Storage, Antec case)
Axiom Audio M60 v2 5.1 speakers in custom burled walnut
Belkin PureAV power filtration system
JVC Stereo Hi-Fi VCR
Avion DVD Recorder
Every MAME ROM!

I'm slowly working on my audio setup & I just recently got the Axiom M60's & a VP150, next thing I'm picking up is a subwoofer.

How is that axiom sub?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Mattlikewhoa said:
New (for me anyways) Sony 1080P SXRD front projector...

I'm jealous. Iwas looking at the same model the other day. Its' fairly well priced isn't it?

I would buy it but I have a one bedroom apartment and there is too much natural light. I couldnt justify the purchase to only use it at night.

How's the PQ? It looks real good in those pics although it is hard to tell.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Hmm nice.. so how are you running MAME? Modded Xbox or the audio/video outs from your PC?

WolfofMebu said:
I'm slowly working on my audio setup & I just recently got the Axiom M60's & a VP150, next thing I'm picking up is a subwoofer.

How is that axiom sub?

The subwoofer has a lot of punch and is very flexible. Since you have the floorstanding speakers which themselves produce adequate bass response, you can set the crossover of the sub down to 60-100Hz to round out the bottom end, or you can set the crossover at the highest setting for powerful bass that will shake the room.

BocoDragon said:
Hmm nice.. so how are you running MAME? Modded Xbox or the audio/video outs from your PC?

VGA D-sub directly from PC to the TV. That brings up an interesting point. The previous generation of Bravias (which is what I have, but is not what you will find in the store anymore) only have an analog PC hookup and if you use a DVI to HDMI cable from your PC to your TV or receiver, the TV is not capable of displaying the signal correctly, a problem confirmed by Sony. I'm curious as to whethe the new Bravias will.

Dizzan said:
I'm jealous. Iwas looking at the same model the other day. Its' fairly well priced isn't it?

I would buy it but I have a one bedroom apartment and there is too much natural light. I couldnt justify the purchase to only use it at night.

How's the PQ? It looks real good in those pics although it is hard to tell.

Yeah, it's priced quite well (It was too good for me to pass up on)...

The PQ is great. It's a lot sharper and brighter then my last projector (Panasonic AE700U). The image has a lot more "pop" to it. You can really get lost in the image (like looking through the window). The pixel structure is a lot tighter so you don't get any screen door effect at all (I have to get right up to my screen to see it).

My GF and I were watching a movie last night (Ratatouille on BR) and she said that the image was a lot brighter and looked a lot better then my older PJ.

Bildi

Raxel said:
Lighting makes all the difference! Each light was £2.99 at Wheelhouse.

2a.jpg
Blue lights are the most awesome thing ever invented. I was just thinking I need more of them.

Great DIY work there Raxel :)

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
The Chef said:
Finally got done painting, hanging speakers, running wire and mounting the LCD. Got a chance to take some shots this morning.
Some of the pics are a little dark so I apologize (it was early)

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

01.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of my rear channels mounted on the ceiling.
I'll get a shot of them later today.

Good lord man your place looks so good now! You totally need a dimmer on those lamps though! It looks quite comfy in there.

alu

newsetup.JPG

Switched from the big tv to this one, I like this a lot better as it's right in my face, and I hope that my new PC will arrive soon as well.

mr stroke

Studebaker said:
HomeTheatre.jpg

I've been building and refining this setup since I first saw this forum back in March.

Specs:
52" Sony Bravia XBR (52XBR3)
Sony STR-DG800 Amplifier
Sony upscaling DVD player
JWin DVD player (hacked to be region free and to play both NTSC/PAL)
Home-theater PC (AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB Storage, Antec case)
Axiom Audio M60 v2 5.1 speakers in custom burled walnut
Belkin PureAV power filtration system
JVC Stereo Hi-Fi VCR
Avion DVD Recorder
Every MAME ROM!

Am I reading this right?? you have all that stuff including the amazing Sony XBR and you don't have a HD player to show it all off????wtf

zombi

Some stuff has changed since the pictures were taken (front L/R speakers, added a 360 again, minimal stuff). Made the entertainment center myself as well as all the speaker stands and side table and bookcase, and the paintings (though I dont count those as furniture)
P1010071.jpg

P1010070.jpg

mr stroke said:
Am I reading this right?? you have all that stuff including the amazing Sony XBR and you don't have a HD player to show it all off????wtf

Yeah, you're right. I'm still waiting for prices to come down or one format to prevail. I do watch HD content (720p & 1080p) that I download from alt.binaries.hdtv.x264.

aktham

This is actually the 2008 setup at this point. I updated things a bit this past year from my last post.
IMG_2520.jpg

Panasonic Plasma 50" TH-PZ700U (I don't know if I can go back to LCD after this) along with Onkyo TX-SR705 (Onkyo TX-SR605 pictured)

IMG_2518.jpg

All next gen consoles (Will upgrade to Elite XBOX 360...When is the black Wii coming out again?)

IMG_2513.jpg

My current next gen games (friend borrowing Resistance and Uncharted right now)

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

Blu-Ray Collection (need to get rid of Talladega Nights, The Prestige and Kingdom of Heaven)

IMG_2521.jpg

Modded HRAP3 with all Sanwa parts (waits for SFIV and STRemix to destroy YOU online)

.hacked

Moved some stuff around, getting ready to put in wood floors are painting at the end of January.

setupnew001.jpg

setupnew002.jpg

newsetup003.jpg

newsetup04.jpg

Waiting for another one of the 4 side DVD rack things for more games and DVDs/HD DVDs/BluRays in the black cabinet.

Hinomura

I'm sorry, the room is quite a mess and far from complete.

6x9mjb5.jpg

A friendly shadow plays GT5 Prologue demo during Halloween party.

6lc6l51.jpg

Work / Multimedia / Gaming setup. Most consoles and peripherals/accessories are hidden.

7xc9sao.jpg

Wall of fame.

Top Bottom