• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

rashbeep

Banned
Graphically SE is way better though. With ELFX, Verdant, SFO, and texture mods it's near Witcher 3 level sometimes. The godrays are fantastic.

It still isn't, until ENB catches up with the amount of features implemented. The new lighting can be nice sometimes, but ruin a bunch of scenes. Hopefully that can be controlled eventually.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Anyone try this?

The Scarlett - A Buildable Ship

Looks like it was available before then pulled.. seems like a really cool idea, wonder if it has any conflicts?

This is by the same author as Draven Manor, Skyfall Estate and many other excellent player homes. His mods were available on consoles early on but apparently due to animosity from console gamers he pulled all his mods. Any further information would be great.

Bildi

Graphically SE is way better though. With ELFX, Verdant, SFO, and texture mods it's near Witcher 3 level sometimes. The godrays are fantastic.

The thing is, mods are currently the same across both versions, so the two will look largely identical in that regard I believe. My understanding is ENB (through which godrays and a ton of other things can be done) doesn't work yet either, but I haven't been keeping up. But the things embedded in the new SE engine that can't be addressed through mods are very nice like water movement and lack of z-fighting.

Here is the black plants. Kind of hard to see, but they're right in the center. Completely black. Not all plants are like this, only this one type (which is all over the place). Any idea how to fix this?

I've had this a couple of times before but a restart of the game has luckily fixed it. I'm not sure it's a texture issue as missing textures will usually result in a purple placeholder, but I'd try the usual things that you probably already have like switching off your texture mods if using Mod Organizer on PC to try find the culprit, reinstalling them, changing load order, things like that. If that does not help, maybe it's a lighting problem instead and the grass is receiving no light at all, perhaps try disabling lighting mods to try and find the culprit?

Failing all that I guess reinstalling mods or reinstalling Skyrim is what you'd have to resort to.

Noob Fu

Started playing this on Xbox One, played around with some mods but figured I would get all the achievements first so I turned them off. Low and behold it disables all achievements after that even if they are off. Oh well. :(

Thank the lord for the Vampires Suck mod. As I never played Dawnstar for the original game I was confused as vampires kept attacking towns when I spawned in killing all of my merchant vendors. I wish I could toggle the DLC when you start a new game.

Don't overwork yourself, Vlaud! I hope you're doing better. Condolences on your loss.
I'm trying, thanks!

Get well soon Vlaud and sorry for your loss

I uninstalled CoT a while back but seeing your pictures makes me want to give it another spin. Nice to hear its being updated with improvements
I like it a lot but in all honesty I'm only using it until RLO sorts out their weathers module as it's lacking just a bit more than COT atm. The update reportedly adds a ton and, fingers crossed, should drop sometime before Christmas.

Honestly bro, anything to do with heart complications means you need to follow your doctors' orders to the letter. If something doesn't get done, big deal, get it done later and in a short while it'll be behind you. Your health has to come first or you could wind up being no good to anyone. I actually just lost a family member because he didn't follow the doctors orders and died to a massive heart attack; he was a phenomenally fit and healthy guy too. Be safe and best wishes for your recovery, but please take it easy.
That totally sucks man. My condolences. I know that fear. I've been living with a sort of sword of Damocles over my head since I was 17. I had two bouts of hyper tachycardia where the first time my heart sped up to 340 bpm and the second it got to 380... Yeah, after they got it to stop, I remember going to the heart surgeon and he stared me straight in the eye and said, "Son, you have an extraordinarily strong heart, I've never seen a heart go this fast on someone who is still alive..." Huge wake up call for me as I hadn't been taking care of my body in terms of diet. Probably why I ended up marrying an aspiring herbalist and health and wellness instructor lol.

Anyway, I think we have the problem tracked down to the opiates that the hospital had me on. I apparently don't handle the withdraw very well at all. This might sound weird lol, (Warning about to get personal!) but after having
absolutely phenominal (and very careful due to the recent surgery and incisions) sex
the other day, all of the opiate symptoms and the erratic heart rate just stopped and haven't come back even slightly. Literally felt like a new man! One of the Oddest things I've ever experienced. Still have an appointment with the cardiologist though.

The problem here, and why your post scares me a bit, is that they ran me through the ringer and did every test they could (except for the only one that can actually detect hyper tachycardia because that would require minor surgery) and they gave me a clean bill of health. They actually remarked at how healthy I was (besides the gall bladder which was a known issue with me) whenever they glanced at the results and the surgeon even said that he didn't know how I was so well put together and calm given that they hardly gave me any opiates this time (my request, just needed enough to stop the spasms) and that I should be in extreme pain given the condition of my gall bladder (I was). Anyhow, it's been hard getting them to check out my heart because they are convinced by the tests that I am perfectly healthy. But I know in my bones that there was something wrong a week ago when my heart suddenly started beating fast and very hard and my chest hurt afterward, I do not call the paramedics on a whim, especially me. The recent episodes each happened about 15 minutes after working out and the first time I was on the opiates for my gall bladder. I'm hoping it was just chemical (withdraw) and it was the opiates but I want to be sure so I am going to request a heart monitor from the cardiologist when I see him and am going to wait on working out or doing anything strenuous till then. Praying that he grants it and that if it happens again that they can catch it, see it and flipping believe me.

Sorry to hear about your loss man! And get better soon.

I have been following your mods list since I use that identically and find replaying the game with it great.
:D I am good for something!

Here are some more that I have installed now,

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/5712421/?tb=mods&pUp=1

I have all of these installed accept for rustic mountains and you should too! Gamwichs' mods are pretty much an instant download. The only one I might uninstall is ethereal clouds because I started having fps issues but that might have been due to something else and I am investigating atm.

How do I fix the UI if I have a 21:9 monitor. I fixed the screen space by editing the .ini file and setting my resolution to 3440x1440 but the UI is still 16:9.

Edit: Lol I think that's the least of my worries. I just booted it up and started a game and I'm getting dips into the 1 digit FPS during the opening sequence, it will go from 70+ fps to literally 8 fps over and over. I have a GTX 1080, 64 GB Ram, and a Core i7 6850k. Is this game for real?

Unai

How do I fix the UI if I have a 21:9 monitor. I fixed the screen space by editing the .ini file and setting my resolution to 3440x1440 but the UI is still 16:9.

Edit: Lol I think that's the least of my worries. I just booted it up and started a game and I'm getting dips into the 1 digit FPS during the opening sequence, it will go from 70+ fps to literally 8 fps over and over. I have a GTX 1080, 64 GB Ram, and a Core i7 6850k. Is this game for real?

That's not normal nor widespread.

Here you go breh. It's what I use. Along with this one.

EDIT: As for your other problems, yeah, that's not normal. Try using my guide I posted a while back? Specifically the last section on tweaks and such. At least you know that those mods, if you follow the guide, shouldn't cause any issues like that as I had tested them thoroughly.

I'm working on doing some more testing atm to figure out what on earth is causing a weird oversaturated glow on some textures when lit by some sources of light so I might update the guide whenever I'm done with what I am using now. Thing is it's going to take a while because I am still following the same procedure as before but I have over 160+ mods installed atm and since I switched hard drives for Skyrim to a dedicated SSD I had to uninstall them all and will be installing and testing them one by one again...

Se_7_eN

What happened to the old "Lush Trees" mod? My current trees look terrible compared to everything else.

Also, I really wish there was a mod that would make guards and citizens forgive you for accidentally hitting them during a Vampire attack.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Just a heads up for any Xbox modders looking for player homes. Author LD50365 has reuploaded some of their work.

For anyone unaware, these are some phenomenal mods and include Draven Manor, Skyfall Estate and, very cool, The Scarlett, a buildable and sailable ship.

On the off chance LD checks GAF, thanks a lot for bringing these to consoles!

Check em out!

Just a heads up for any Xbox modders looking for player homes. Author LD50365 has reuploaded some of their work.

For anyone unaware, these are some phenomenal mods and include Draven Manor, Skyfall Estate and, very cool, The Scarlett, a buildable and sailable ship.

On the off chance LD checks GAF, thanks a lot for bringing these to consoles!

Check em out!

I just got started on the Scarlett quest.. for some reason I was convinced you picked up the quest in Windhelm, so I spent like a day looking for the damn paper.. finally gave up and looked online and it's in Solitude (DOH).

I re-did all my mod layouts, mostly going off this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5bbltx/xbox_138_mod_load_order/

Seems to have fixed most things, I had to put True Storms below RealLight-Weathers in order to get actual weather. Using Frostfall for the first time, and it's actually really cool. Disabled fast travel as well, making for a more more engaging game.

I've done 3 "live another life" starts, and they've all started me by Riften. I'm so done with the Thieves Guild quests.. but leveling up that stuff so early seems to really get things going.

Man, this game is a time sink, but so much fun. Mods are great!

zarnold56

Thinking about buying this game on PS4 due to mod support. I know it is not as good as PC or Xbox, but are the mods on PS4 worth it? Been trying to find some good lists for ps4 and coming up short with google.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey quick question, I've been playing on Xbox One and got curious to try out some mods, but saw that mods disable achievements. Is it possible to create a second character separate from my first and enable the mods there without screwing over my first character from being able to still get the achievements?

Also what are some good mods to try out with on Xbox One?

Any good all in 1 PC texture / graphics mod for interiors?

So many great landscape mods but once I want to mod interiors it seems everything is piecemeal. This mod only mods tables, this mod chairs, this other mod fruit etc..

Any good all in 1 PC texture / graphics mod for interiors?

So many great landscape mods but once I want to mod interiors it seems everything is piecemeal. This mod only mods tables, this mod chairs, this other mod fruit etc..

SMIM is primarily a mesh mod it also has better textures for most interior stuff.

Chumley

Banned
The only thing I really need is hotkeys. I can't believe there isn't a way to just use hotkeys without SKSE, navigating the favorites menu every time I want to switch weapons is annoying.

Calabi

The only thing I really need is hotkeys. I can't believe there isn't a way to just use hotkeys without SKSE, navigating the favorites menu every time I want to switch weapons is annoying.

There is, there's plenty of them, I'm using a controller and have 8 hotkeys. Any mod in the old Skyrim that just changes the controlmap.txt file will work fine in the Special Edition. I mean this one should work fine.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/310/?

CONCH0BAR

Hey quick question, I've been playing on Xbox One and got curious to try out some mods, but saw that mods disable achievements. Is it possible to create a second character separate from my first and enable the mods there without screwing over my first character from being able to still get the achievements?

Also what are some good mods to try out with on Xbox One?
When you make a save with mods enabled, the save is marked with an 'M' to indicate that it is a modded save and is ineligible for achievements. Only that save and saves made from that save will be marked with the 'M'; older saves and other characters' saves will be untouched until you load and save with mods enabled. As long as you make sure to disable mods before loading a clean and unmodded save, you can earn achievements just fine.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Yeah and I'm stuck with it since the game doesn't even load if I disable it.

You're not alone. While it's a novelty I'd recommend avoiding it in the future.

No to try and be helpful - try getting far, far away from any cities. I'd recommend a dungeon like Ustengrav or the like. Wait there for 28 (some swear it's 30-31) days. This resets most of your world state. Then try your luck saving, disabling, creating another save and then exiting the dungeon. Approach cities if you can.

This fix is heavily dependent on how far into the game you've progressed and how much you've interacted with cities individually. Cetrtainly not a guarantee but something to try before you scrap a save.

Best of luck!

Unity2012

About to load this up on XBox One, recommend me some mods please. :)

• These are the ones I use without having any problems with framerates or crashes. What really helps is the load order, please look into that on youtube, here or the Skyrim forums, I cant remember the link right now but there are great recommendations. Load order fixes most mods alignment problems.

I also have some companions, armors, gameplay modifiers, buildings and extra areas like "elvenwood," added to my list but I recommend you choose the ones you like.

Hope it helps. Game on.
  • Campfire
  • Skyrim Unnoficial Patch
  • SMIM
  • Vivid Weathers
  • Immersive sounds
  • Wet and cold
  • Realistic Waters Two
  • Immersive Wenches
  • KS Hairdos Lite
  • Ashara Followers faces
  • Ashara Merchants and trainers
  • Seraphim Body replacement
  • Natural eyes
  • Project Hippie
  • Realistic conversations
  • Immersive citizens
  • Dragons Remains
  • Horse texture replacements
  • RS Children overhaul
  • Diverse dragons
  • Real Giants
  • Lush overhaul
  • Real mountains
  • Realistic wildlife
  • Apocalypse Magic of Skyrim
  • Go away map
  • Relationship Dialogue overhaul
  • Populated Lands and roads
  • Rich Merchants

I don't get SkyHUD. I downloaded it, it told me it doesn't download any presets but if I want to theres a separate preset file. The present file doesn't work when you use NMM as it just says "error" when it downloads.

So I check further instructions on how to modify it manually and it says theres an .ini to modify in the SkyHUD folder. There isn't one. However there are some folders such as "hardcore" and "oblivion" which all have their own .ini but I have no idea how to select one to use in game.

Halp!

Graphically there are still two major ENB features that I can no longer live without and need in SSE before I move over:
1. Subsurface scattering - does wonders for character rendering.
2. Dynamic frost shader - absolutely a game changer for me.

Mr. Bad Example

Neo Member
Just got Skyrim SE the other day on a whim--I had Skyrim on the 360, but hadn't checked it out on the XBox yet. The mods are so worth it. I'm running Live Another Life right now, and just not having to go through that goddamned cart ride into Helgen again is worth the price of admission. There's also a mod that puts signposts at major intersections so you can tell where you're going without popping open the map every ten seconds. It's awesome.

Oh, and I'm running with the Sofia follower mod, and while she sometimes sounds like she was written by a twelve-year-old boy, she seems a lot more alive than the other followers. She'll actually notice and comment on what's going on around you, which is a huge improvement over the ten thousandth iteration of "I am sworn to carry your burdens" or whatever.

I'll probably go back and do a vanilla playthrough at some point just to get the achievements, but for now it's great being able to change some of the more annoying aspects of the game.

inner-G

Banned
Are there any comprehensive mods like JK's Skyrim or Expanded Towns and Cities for SSE yet (or do some of those old ones work in SE?), that overhaul a bunch of places at once, or should I just install the JK's Whiterun/Riverwood?

I have a bunch of mods going now (51!) and it's still running good /knock on wood:

9V9hKWb.jpg

RedRum

Banned
About to load this up on XBox One, recommend me some mods please. :)

Xbox One. In load order.

Patches:
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Quests/LargeMods/Environment/Lands/Cities:
- Falskaar
- Forgotten City
- Master the Summit
- Real Mountains
- Point the way
- Lamp posts
- Insignificant Remover

Towns/PlayerHomes/Plants/Grass:
- Shezrie Town
- My Riverwood House
- Quest Notice Boards
- Lush Overhaul
- Skyland

Skills/Perks/Leveling/Abilities/Magic:
- Thunderchild
- Apocolypse: Magic
- Immersive Leveling

NPCS/Enemies/Animals/Allies/Companions:
- Relationship dialogue
- Immersive Citizens
- Realistic Conversations
- Diverse Dragons
- Boss Encounters
- Adorable Females

Visual/Textual/Atmospheric/Sound:
- Vivid Weathers
- Enhanced Night Sky
- Wet + Cold
- Realistic Light
- Blood Textures
- Quieter Dungeons

VenderChanges/Cheats/Menu:
- Rich Merchants
- Better Loot
- Weightless Dragon Bones
- Perk Points Adjust

CharacterModel:
- Natural eyes

Weapon/Armor/Clothing:
- LOTR weapon collection
- 3rd Era Weapons
- Black Mage Armor
- Morang Tong Armor

CraftingRealated:
- Ars Meticallica

SmallerFoliage:
- None

Other:
- Glowing Ore
- Practice Dummies
- Immersive patrols
- Big: More Kills
- No edge magic glow
- Lore screens
- Gregorian Calendar
- Witcher 3 music
- Combat music

( I know I'm missing some good ones too )

Top Bottom