• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
looking like he wont have the best escape so i guess hell be fine just going to have to make sure to land that 1 if you want to stun them long enough to gtfo

looking like he wont have the best escape so i guess hell be fine just going to have to make sure to land that 1 if you want to stun them long enough to gtfo

The only escape is the ultimate. Well, his 2 has a +20% move speed for 3s, which should help him but it isn't a dash or a leap. For reference, Sprint active at level 1 is faster and longer.

Oh man

General
- Item Store now sorts cheapest to most expensive.

Thank god. That was annoying the shit out of me.

Also, I see Hi-Rez caved in to the constant whining on Reddit and nerfed Ullr. Too bad. If more people actually played Ullr they'd know his stun was actually pretty hard to land, and now they nerfed the (already slow) projectile speed and the stun duration. It's lame because not that long ago one of the Hi-Rez employees posted data that showed Ullr wasn't even near the top Hunter spot in terms of performance. But people still kept crying about the stun, and Hi-Rez gave in.

Indignate

Are there any written/video guides out there that you guys like that talk about the meta? Support and rotations or how to properly jungle the buffs or the like?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
so far have done 7 matches of siege and only lost 1 and even then it was close but yeah its damn fun matches havnt went over the 15 minute mark and your always on the move feels like a mix of conquest and arena just constant team fights think its the best mode by far and as for osiris yeah hes not that op no more so then odin or wukong

edit:jesus built osiris with warrior tabi, stone of gaia, qins sais, titans bane, midguardian mail, hide of the urchin and level 2 sprint and level 3 enfeebling curse
you cant get away from me so much god damn slow you ult into them then hit them with your 1 then your 3 and follow up with 2 if they some how didnt die during that you just curse them and finish the job and if you get jumped during that sprint out hes pretty damn good also if i replaced hide with a frostbound hammer i think it would be ggwp

mr stroke

Been playing this on and off for the last 2 days, and pretty impressed. As someone who didn't care for LoL or Dota2, I am enjoying this. Feels completely different from those games with the change in perspective.

Saprol

Only level ~11 right now so maybe I can't expect much but I'm noticing a fair amount of auto-buyers based on meditation/sprint actives and people not respecting Hades/Ares by picking up beads if they don't have a CC-immunity skill.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
they wont start buying that type of stuff until latter levels most noobs dont know what a majority of the gods do so they dont know how to counter buy

So, there are 52 gods. 25 of them magical. So 50%, more or less.

What are the odds of playing 3 assault matches in a row where all the 5 gods in my team are all physical?

0.005%? Well, it happened today to me. :/

Indignate

So I bit the bullet and bought the ultimate god pack.

I haven't spent this much on a single game in years and it was only $30...

mr stroke

I really suck at this game(I keep dying and everyone is leveling faster than me), any tutorials for this game or tips for a noob?

JordanN

Banned
Had to put up with this today. -_-

iUFp5IoS80xax.jpg

iD58eFux0su5J.jpg

Indignate

Ran into a dude yesterday who was just saying anything about any race cuz we were losing. Our team effectively told him to shut up and play his role better. Sucks to see people join in on the hate in your game though.

Just had a good game with Ra. Was able to shut down the Atena and Aphro I was laning against and walk away with no deaths in the game. I have to try out all these new heroes eventually, but I'm so comfortable with those I already know.

Changes from the PST to the final version

Siege

Fixed issue where matches were not recorded in Player Profile stats
Teams of any size can join the queue
Certain gods doing movement abilities would cause issues in the teleporter
Nu Wa could stealth the siege tower
Could get trapped in teleporter
Siege monster moved to spawn at 3 minutes into game
Minimap icon fix

Osiris

Can no longer walk through towers in spirit form
Judgement Tether

Stun duration reduced from 2s to 1.4s.

Lord of the Afterlife

Damage reduced from 300/400/500/600/700 to 220/320/420/520/620
Scaling reduced from 100% to 80% of your physical power.
No longer deals double damage to minions and jungle camps.

Fixed AA tooltip
Spirit Flail explosion glow fx too big

Misc

Hel - Switch Stances - Dark Stance at rank 2 is still giving 100% of the bonus rather than 50%
Ban god list in match lobby extended to 4 positions
Reworked polynomicon type devices to use device cooldown for cooldown previewing
Various League fixes

Osiris nerfed. I agree with the stun nerf, but I'm not so sure about the damage nerf in the Ult. Hercules did the same damage (or even twice, if you hit two times with the boulder!), 800+100%, and I don't think anyone considered him op.

Indignate

Played a few Siege matches. Only one of them lasted more than 20 mins. It is constantly on in that mode. Really fun overall.

Also played a bunch of Nemesis. Really liking her. Digging her new skin too, but $8 for a skin is kind of ridiculous to me.

Manbig

Changes from the PST to the final version

Osiris nerfed. I agree with the stun nerf, but I'm not so sure about the damage nerf in the Ult. Hercules did the same damage (or even twice, if you hit two times with the boulder!), 800+100%, and I don't think anyone considered him op.

The boulder damage is reduced by half for each consecutive hit.

Going up against Osiris a few times today, he's good but not that scary. The one who performed the best just built him pure damage and burst us down with his auto attacks. But still I'd rather fight Osiris than Tyr or Sun Wukong any day.

Pro tip that I've seen so far: Xbalanque's leap gives you CC immunity so you can just run and leap away from Osiris' tether and you won't get stunned.

In other news, remember that post I made about the terrible Legendary Hades who only built magic power? Well I ran into his antithesis yesterday. Dude built pure mage Hades and proceeded to do incredibly well.

Since Hades is on the free rotation I decided to try a pure mage build myself. The first try didn't go very well, but the second time went great! 52k damage might be close to an Arena record for me, not counting the victories on my smurf accounts.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
noob question-

Should I always stay behind or in front of my creeps?

i usually hover on the sides of the minion wave if im melee and behind if im ranged

edit: if you want to go full mage hades make sure to get a pythagorems piece and a bancrofts talon youll be able to do shit ton of damage and get all your health back all at once

noob question-

Should I always stay behind or in front of my creeps?

Not in front, as enemy creps will target you, not your creeps. Basically, the farthest you can be, while still hitting the enemy creeps. As Rygar says, the normal thing is to be a bit to the side around the middle point of your wave.

Thanks rygar I tried it out and it worked well.

Lol, just had 3 rager teammates report me "for being bad." I was playing Hel for the first time in a long time, and I wasn't able to keep up with my teammate's needs when they asked for heals every 2 seconds. The best part is that I went 4-1 and we won. Yet they still talked shit the entire time. Sigh.

*Edit - And I'd just like to say that even though I've had many experiences like that, I've never actually gotten penalized by Hi-Rez. So they must be pretty good at figuring out if you've been reported for a stupid reason like "being bad."

Indignate

Just got handed to by a Loki in 3v3. He seems like a really powerful character in that mode.

Planted Sentry Wards thinking they did something that they do not...

Manbig

People ask for heals? Wut

Sometimes they do. Hel pretty much has the most powerful non ultimate team heal in the game.

I don't really play Hel myself, but I do play a lot of Chang'e. Her heal is nowhere near as powerful as Hel's. The thing that annoys me the most when playing her is when teammates hang around with super low HP expecting Chang'e to heal them to full. It's like a 100 - 200 HP heal every 5 or so seconds. Just go to base you fools!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sometimes they do. Hel pretty much has the most powerful team heal in the game.

I don't really play Hel myself, but I do play a lot of Chang'e. Her heal is nowhere near as powerful as Hel's. The thing that annoys me the most when playing her is when teammates hang around with super low HP expecting Chang'e to heal them to full. It's like a 100 - 200 HP heal every 5 or so seconds. Just go to base you fools!

Ah, maybe it's just cause I'm always stance swaping and tossing heals out when I can I just don't see it happen.

After that awful Hel game I was playing a great Arena game and suddenly my laptop restarts and installs Windows updates without a warning. When I finally got back it was the very end of the match and we lost by 16 points. Man what a shit day of Smite lol.

Planted Sentry Wards thinking they did something that they do not...

Lol. You must play Dota.

People ask for heals? Wut

Oh yeah. Granted, it's usually whiners who are looking for a scapegoat. God forbid a death is their fault — no, it must be that Hel isn't healing them enough. It's the same issue as when you're playing a tank and your Nemesis (it's always a Nemesis) keeps charging the enemy team 1 v 5 and blames his deaths on you.

Gordeli

does this game have a lot/big updates constantly? my isp cap is 10gb and it sucks that i cant play dota when theres an update :(

Manbig

Not sure what to make of Osiris just yet. The two things that stuck out to me were his 3 and how spammable his 1 is. Unless you need some creep killing for laning, 2 is a one point wonder, and his ult is kinda bleh outside of countering healing.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah they have content patches every 2 weeks sometimes 3 when they got a lot going on those can be few hundred megs and a balance patch every week usually really small also 10 gb cap is criminal where you from that they put that low of a bullshit cap on you?

as for healer situation i would of told them to learn to play and learn to juke and use escapes followed by telling them to eat a dick also yeah you'll never be banned for "being bad" although you can report them for harassment and they'll receive a suspension
side note for hel I like to build her with a lot of cdr for spaming heal and tanky for getting in the middle of team fights and laugh and spam aoe damage/heal

Siege is pretty much just a glorified Conquest IMO. It was hilariously fun to gank back and forth with Bastet, but there wasn't much depth to it and as we were destroying the other team, I got kind of bored. Then again, I don't really enjoy Joust either. Something about being in lanes just bores me XD

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
dont have to stay in lanes someone should always been in the jungle clearing the buff camps they add a bunch of points to your siege meter

Gordeli

yeah they have content patches every 2 weeks sometimes 3 when they got a lot going on those can be few hundred megs and a balance patch every week usually really small also 10 gb cap is criminal where you from that they put that low of a bullshit cap on you?

haha yeah i live really apart from any city here in Puerto Rico so the only isp that gets here is a shitty mobile data modem. Im surviving on downloading updates in college too my laptop lol

Liberty4all

Banned
Not sure what to make of Osiris just yet. The two things that stuck out to me were his 3 and how spammable his 1 is. Unless you need some creep killing for laning, 2 is a one point wonder, and his ult is kinda bleh outside of countering healing.

re: Osiris

mastered him yesterday.

I max his 2 as soon as possible, great for taking out lines of creeps. Build wise I go attack speed and crit damage. I've been going about 7 - 10 kills per arena match ... The main issue is that he is super squishy. His 3 I find useless late game, he just can't take much damage before dying.

I'm curious to try a tank build but his dmg output without items and speed is just too pathetic to make a difference. I think the key build is focus movement, attack speed and dmg.

Liberty4all

Banned
Siege is pretty much just a glorified Conquest IMO. It was hilariously fun to gank back and forth with Bastet, but there wasn't much depth to it and as we were destroying the other team, I got kind of bored. Then again, I don't really enjoy Joust either. Something about being in lanes just bores me XD

I love siege. It takes the jungle of conquest and combines it with the team fights of arena. Its a faster mode too which I like. I was exclusive arena and assault, but I've added siege to my rotation.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
mystical mail, warrior tabi, qin sais, stone of gaia, titans bane, hide of the urchin (last item can be tank item or attack item ill change it out depending what im fighting against )

Manbig

re: Osiris

mastered him yesterday.

I max his 2 as soon as possible, great for taking out lines of creeps. Build wise I go attack speed and crit damage. I've been going about 7 - 10 kills per arena match ... The main issue is that he is super squishy. His 3 I find useless late game, he just can't take much damage before dying.

I'm curious to try a tank build but his dmg output without items and speed is just too pathetic to make a difference. I think the key build is focus movement, attack speed and dmg.

They classified him as a Warrior, so I'm pretty sure their intent was the keep his damage in line along with the ability to build tanky. His bonus survivability comes from his passive. He just seems to be all about setting up team kills by using his slows to help set up his stun ability.

mr stroke

Do most of you guys putting a lot of time into this game buy the $29.99 full pass? or is it not worth it since you end up playing with only a couple characters at one time?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Do most of you guys putting a lot of time into this game buy the $29.99 full pass? or is it not worth it since you end up playing with only a couple characters at one time?

You need to play at least 14 characters for about 10 or so matches if you ever want to do ranked. A lot of the characters are fun and it's honestly worth dipping into each god til mastery 1. Gives you a great feeling for what they can do and a better understanding and appreciation of other players playing the characters.

Plus you get all the new gods that come out. That part is worth it to me.

Manbig

You need to play at least 14 characters for about 10 or so matches if you ever want to do ranked. A lot of the characters are fun and it's honestly worth dipping into each god til mastery 1. Gives you a great feeling for what they can do and a better understanding and appreciation of other players playing the characters.

Plus you get all the new gods that come out. That part is worth it to me.

I second this.

I feel like I got my $30 worth a long time ago and don't regret it at all, despite the terribad matchmaking.

The first one. I played around 1200 games!

People who only play a few heroes in a MOBA are hilarious imo. One of the strengths of the genre is the big variety they contain, so doing that is wasting part of what makes the game good and it's silly ignore 70% of a game.

Top Bottom