• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES CLASSIC IS UP AT BEST BUY [gone]

NolbertoS

Is it bad GAF, that I own almost all those SNES games on 3DS VC but rebuying them again for the nosalgia factor on a SNES Mini?? (i never got to own an SNES :(. Parents couldn't afford it, so played at a friends house)

Edit: I'm buying this mostly for FFVI. If the Switch, ever gets FFIV thriugh VI on VC will double dip

I'll never sell any of these SNES Classics. I would like an extra SNES Classic in case my controllers ever wear out. I would additionally like two or three more to have as gifts. And someday I would like a way to customize my titles on this type of device. I mean, I'll never play that Kirby golf game.

If it's anything like the NES Mini you'll be able to customize the games on it to your hearts content. ;)

Lgndryhr

Ordered 4 for son, myself, brother, and friend. One got cancelled a little while ago. Claimed couldn't verify information.

If it's anything like the NES Mini you'll be able to customize the games on it to your hearts content. ;)
Four time traveling turtles may or may not have crossed my mind lol. I wonder if it's the same basic hardware as the NES Classic which was seemingly over powered. That would be interesting if so.

hiryu2015

The BB confirmation email finally came through almost an hour later.

I guess I should have updated my BB account info beforehand -- the last and only thing I ever attempted to buy from BB_com was a Ben-Hur (1959) special edition bluray that was a Black Friday price error. It was canceled like my WM SNES preorder.

Four time traveling turtles may or may not have crossed my mind lol. I wonder if it's the same basic hardware as the NES Classic which was seemingly over powered. That would be interesting if so.

I wouldn't doubt if it's the same components but a different system. The emulators are custom by NERD.

Skeletron

The BB confirmation email finally came through almost an hour later.

I guess I should have updated my BB account info beforehand -- the last and only thing I ever attempted to buy from BB_com was a Ben-Hur (1959) special edition bluray that was a Black Friday price error. It was canceled like my WM SNES preorder.
Yeah I wasted a minute trying to sign in to my nonexistent BB account and ended up checking out as Guest 5 seconds before they sold out.

LiK

I give up. Need to sleep cuz I got work. Can't be refreshing this shit all night. Fuck these time zones.

wvan13

I've got it in my Best Buy cart, but it says it's out of stock. Should I refresh from here and pray to any god that will listen?

Thoraxes

Well, everything went through.

Still just gonna keep the mindset of expecting this to 100% get cancelled though, just so I don't get my hopes up.

Tevious

If that's so you know someone is going to combine the two systems somehow.

I hope Nintendo eventually releases a N64 Classic too.

That's already possible now. The NES/Famicom Classic Mini can be easily hacked to play several retro systems, even N64 games. Pretty sure the SNES Classic will use the same exact Allwinner R15 boards as the NES Classic did, too. So unless Nintendo has done something to help prevent hacking, the SNES Classic will probably be hacked in a day.

Top Bottom