• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES CLASSIC IS UP AT BEST BUY [gone]

Best Buy's stock tracking computers are funny sometimes. One time I went into the store and asked for a Switch. They said the last one sold five minutes ago and as he checked for stock. I was like uh... OK. Then I noted a box 4 feet to my left. It was a Switch on a shelf just off of the register area on display. I was like how about this one? I'll take it. They noted it was reading zero stock and it must have been an error. And that's how I got my Switch lol.

JackDT

I got one, though I'm building a Retropie with those nice 8Bitdo controllers anyway so I'm not sure why I I need it.

It would be cool if they overclocked the FX chip in the emulator and hacked the ROM to allow for a solid 30 FPS in Starfox. You can overclock it in the real hardware or in some emulators but the whole game runs faster.

Emails can take a very long time to arrive, companies usually batch them up and send them out at long intervals to avoid getting blacklisted as spammers, and considering the likely volume of pre-orders I wouldn't be surprised to not see a confirmation email 20+ minutes after an order goes in.

You were right! Email received!

Toki767

So this will be a cancel right?

Why is best buy the only one available?

Nintendo probably told them that they can put up preorders after a certain date.

It's up to the individual retailers to decide when they want to put them up.

And with Amazon they may not even do it at all. With amiibo they typically just wait till the day of release.

And at this hour, which essentially screws over their entire East coast market. Seems a little weird.

But then again, it would be one hell of a blunder to repeat the exact same mistake Wal-Mart already made.

I got one, though I'm building a Retropie with those nice 8Bitdo controllers anyway so I'm not sure why I I need it.

It would be cool if they overclocked the FX chip in the emulator and hacked the ROM to allow for a solid 30 FPS in Starfox. You can overclock it in the real hardware or in some emulators but the whole game runs faster.

I'd say if nothing else, mod the SNES Classic to be the worlds best RetroPie Case!!

Oreoleo

Why would every retailer synchronize at the exact same time at this hour.

I think the presumption is Nintendo was making retailers wait to a certain day to start pre-orders, (especially considering the Wal-Mart fiasco was exactly a month ago) and that the rest would go up as the clock rolled over to midnight on the west coast where other retailers (namely, Amazon) are headquartered.

celebi23

And at this hour, which essentially screws over their entire East coast market. Seems a little weird.

But then again, it would be one hell of a blunder to repeat the exact same mistake Wal-Mart already made.
Maybe preorders will go live on 9/21? :p I mean, Walmart on 7/21 and Best Buy on the 22nd.

TrojanAg

I doubt these get cancelled. It falls in line with what Nintendo said retailers would do, having preorders in late August.

These (pre-orders for limited Nintendo products) are never coordinated. Expect the remaining retailers to all go up at different times from each other (with Amazon possibly not going up until the day of).

We know that pre-orders are officially supposed to go live at the end of the month, and this seems close enough to qualify, so I see no reason to doubt the legitimacy.

It's not weird at all in that it's totally par for the course with Nintendo. Several amiibo have gone up at worse times, and the NES Classic went up at Target at something like 3-4am Pacific.

The only surprise in this entire thread is that people think a confirmation email means shit, lmao.

I was stoked finally to receive mine but, judging by my past experiences, it is more likely than not that a bunch will be cancelled.

cucuchu

Amazon preorders have not gone up right?

Congrats to those of you that secured your preorder... I'm usually up at 1AM EST when I work a normal 8 to 4 but I was sleeping cause I'm pulling 4am to 4pm's this week so I'm SOL. Hopefully other retailers put theirs up during normal hours today so the rest of us can sneak one in.

Amazon preorders have not gone up right?

Congrats to those of you that secured your preorder... I'm usually up at 1AM EST when I work a normal 8 to 4 but I was sleeping cause I'm pulling 4am to 4pm's this week so I'm SOL. Hopefully other retailers put theirs up during normal hours today so the rest of us can sneak one in.

Only Best Buy so far. I'd say preorders will be opening up everywhere this whole week.

IrishNinja

still holding onto my GAME preorder...anyone know if they abide that policy of not wanting to ship outside of the UK? man, i hope they don't

Blizzard

Banned
It's listed as unavailable for online purchase. It briefly tried to let me order it, but said it's only available for store pickup, and not within 250 miles of me. Now it's completely unorderable.

DeathPeak

Yeah, it's REALLY frustrating. Just say out of stock rather than giving the option to pre-order but still being out of stock.

Top Bottom