• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So there's this Star Fox easter egg in Bayonetta 2...

Broritos

Having played Bayonetta 1 and Wonderful 101, this isn't surprising. Still really really cool though.

Also, Platinum is most likely not working on a new Starfox nor are they helping developing it. Ya'll need to calm down.

Lunar15

I wanted Platinum to make Star Fox until I played the Star Fox style sections in W101. Man, I love that game to death, but that part was awful.

Am I hallucinating by remembering Miyamoto claiming they're looking for an external developer to help clean up and polish Star Fox Wii U? If not, this is your answer right here.

Ostinatto

i can't handle all this nostalgia !!!

i2pfuFHkYH8YK.gif

Man, I would hope not. But in general, Platinum + shoot 'em up segments = really bad.

I would say that's mainly because those sections are nothing but brief minigames. I agree that they're not great, but if they were making a fully-fledged game of that genre it wouldn't be like that at all.

Rell

It was not AfterBurner, it was Space Harrier
She even says "Welcome to my fantasy zone" before it

Holy shit, you're right. I...have no idea why I thought that. There was an attack named after AfterBurner...and there was apparently a song but I was way off.

Lunar15

I would say that's mainly because those sections are nothing but brief minigames. I agree that they're not great, but if they were making a fully-fledged game of that genre it wouldn't be like that at all.

I'd rather Platinum stick to action brawlers. I mean, it's high time Captain Falcon got his own game, if you know what I mean.

TreIII

Man, I would hope not. But in general, Platinum + shoot 'em up segments = really bad.

And this is coming from someone who loves Platinum games.

As someone who played this section in Bayo2 just two days ago? It really wasn't that bad at all! Not quite as tight as StarFox proper, but I ended up liking it both with and without the StarFox skin attached to it.

Altazor

Thread title is a spoiler no?
Easter eggs used to be made to be discovered, I guess there just a feature nowadays.

I know what you mean, but I tried to be the least specific I could be. I don't know how to get the easter egg in the game, so that is still a surprise. Maybe it's a bit obscure. Maybe it's really easy to discover.

If you (not just you, anybody who's reading this) haven't watched the video yet, more power to you! You'll get a nice surprise when you play and discover it.

TreIII

This will probably be better than the Space Harrier-inspired one from Bayo1. So this makes sense

What additionally makes it for me is that you can hear Jeanne and Cereza chattering back and forth with even more obvious homages.

"I guess you're good for something!"

HardRojo

Not really that much of a surprise considering
the Isla del Sol stage in Bayonetta 1, which was a reference to Space Harrier.
It's amazing but I thought it was going to be something else :/

Azure J

What additionally makes it for me is that you can hear Jeanne and Cereza chattering back and forth with even more obvious homages.

"I guess you're good for something!"

This is now the only game that can compete with Smash Hype in my eyes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather Platinum stick to action brawlers. I mean, it's high time Captain Falcon got his own game, if you know what I mean.

While I'd take it (perhaps even over Star Fox) I'd really just rather have a proper F-Zero game. :(

Not from Platinum though.

though i loved StarFox on SNES (and very much enjoyed the remake of StarFox64 on DS), i'd rather Platinum Games would push to co-develop another franchise that had it's arguably best entry on SNES and also featured a female playable character, can you guess what i mean?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. If Miyamoto wasn't already working on a Star Fox game then this would start all sorts of crap. Still though, that was really really good.

People are gonna be really upset if it doesn't look as good as this or play like Starfox 64. Then again I don't trust Nintendo after Assault and Command.

Top Bottom