• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So there's this Star Fox easter egg in Bayonetta 2...

though i loved StarFox on SNES (and very much enjoyed the remake of StarFox64 on DS), i'd rather Platinum Games would push to co-develop another franchise that had it's arguably best entry on SNES and also featured a female playable character, can you guess what i mean?

Fuck yeah, Panel de Pon sequel by P*!

Kidding, obviously.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Am I hallucinating by remembering Miyamoto claiming they're looking for an external developer to help clean up and polish Star Fox Wii U? If not, this is your answer right here.

To be honest Nintendo will all but claim they're not working on something 3 months before the nearly finished game is unveiled.

I totally would not be surprised if Miyamto's comments end up having been a coy tease, and Platinum was working with Nintendo on Starfox U all along. With Miyamoto prototyping game mechanics.

Sort of the same thing happened with the Bayonetta 1 port for Wii U. On Twitter Kamiya told people to go tell Nintendo if they wanted Bayonetta 1 on Wii U. And Nintendo had said nothing about it, ever. Meanwhile the port had been in development for over a year already.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Bayonetta 1 did Space Harrier mini-game. Bayonetta 2 did Star Fox mini-game. Exact same mechanic with a few tweaks it looks like to me.

Ein Bear

I'd rather Platinum stick to action brawlers. I mean, it's high time Captain Falcon got his own game, if you know what I mean.

Captain Falcon would be perfect for a spiritual sequel to God Hand. It would be called FALCON PUNCH and it would be fucking awesome.

TreIII

Captain Falcon would be perfect for a spiritual sequel to God Hand. It would be called FALCON PUNCH and it would be fucking awesome.

This is the correct answer.

I mean, it's clear that Falcon is more known for his Smash-related characterization than anything else. Might as well give him an action game where that much can take center stage.

Not to mention we could have Captain Falcon v. Blood Falcon boss fights that would be everything that a Clover/P*-style boss fight should be...

Mortemis

Banned
This game looks so good, confirming my Wii u purchase without even buying one yet. Time needs to hurry up.

Jesus, can you shut up. No more ideas of things I really really want but may never get. D:

This is the correct answer.

I mean, it's clear that Falcon is more known for his Smash-related characterization than anything else. Might as well give him an action game where that much can take center stage.

Not to mention we could have Captain Falcon v. Blood Falcon boss fights that would be everything that a Clover/P*-style boss fight should be...

Christ, could you imagine a Black Shadow boss fight designed by P*?

Altazor

Wow this is really good. I wonder if they've done a Zoness cover.

sadly, no. But I'd love it if she ends up doing one - she mentions it's one of her favorite stages in SF64.

She did release a beautiful Spirit Temple (Ocarina of Time) cover, though. That's another one I never thought I'd hear.

Haldinian

Oh. My. God.

The gameplay itself is obviously not like the one in a Star Fox game, but man, this is amazing and really makes me want that Nintendo hires Platinum to co-develop Star Fox U (although it will not happen).

The fact that this franchise is becoming relevant again makes me very happy.

Scum

This game. THIS.FUCKING.GAME!

P*
EWmof.gif

Piers

"MAX REACTS"
Muted.

Very cool, nonetheless.
I still recall him stating having no interest in making a Star Fox after being pestered by fans over Twitter.

Lernaean

Banned
I pretty much read what it is, but didn't watch, i'm not spoiling anything.
I'll be damned if the external studio Miyamoto is looking to make SF isn't PG.

philion

Neo Member
My inner child just wants Nintendo to buy P* out, and then I can relive Nintendo/RARE days......ahhhhhhhh.......

Top Bottom