• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Knuckles' new designs leaked

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like they're wearing uncomfortably high waisted pants.

Ito

gfe4.jpg

sanicboom.jpg

thank you sega

a bright future awaits you, sanic

C4Lukins

Well that does it. Really just a scarf is all it took to finish off my interest in the series. Who knew?

Oh and Knuckles looks like a complete child rapist, which I also find unappealling.

Both Tails and Amy look fine to me. Tails looks like what a teenager version of him would look alike. The sports tape looks a bit weird on both Sonic and Knuckles. I wonder if that scarf Sonic is wearing is somehow related to the plot...

DarkKyo

I mean... they're not horrible... less tape would be a huge improvement as it just looks like it's being used as filler in the designs. I actually like the new Tails design... seems more expressive/less kiddy, which is cool.

Pretty weird stuff.

Exactly what I was thinking. It looks fun and inviting to kids. It's like people forget it is a children's franchise.

Also, he runs fast. That's his thing. Why complain that he has long legs?

So is Mario, but you better believe the backlash would be immense if Nintendo tried to change those games in the same way. This abortion of a concept is just a big fuck you to Sonic fans who like series for the right reasons. Sonic could've just been cool just for being a character in a series of awesome games, like Mario is, but instead Sega wants to gut this trout for all it's worth. This... this just sucks. R.I.P. sweet hedgehog.

Exactly what I was thinking. It looks fun and inviting to kids. It's like people forget it is a children's franchise.

Also, he runs fast. That's his thing. Why complain that he has long legs?

Says the person wearing a sonic the hedgehog headpiece, admit it, you're biased enough to accept any change they make!
jk

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So is Mario, but you better believe the backlash would be immense if Nintendo tried to change those games in the same way. This abortion of a concept is just a big fuck you to Sonic fans who like series for the right reasons. Sonic could've just been cool just for being a character in a series of awesome games, like Mario is, but instead Sega wants to gut this trout for all it's worth. This... this just sucks. R.I.P. sweet hedgehog.

If Sonic fans were providing the kind of financial return they wanted, they wouldn't be rebooting Sonic.

Also you don't get to tell other people they don't like things for the right reasons.

am I crazy?? I don't think it looks that bad. Its fucking Sonic not some holy grail. Sonic has been shit for years with a few gems in his career. He still looks like Sonic.

BFD.

Shion

I just realized...90s Sonic is what was "cool" defined by kids in the 90s...00s Sonic was what was "cool" to kids in the 00s...and now we have what is cool for kids in th 10s

Guys its a kids game designed for kids. Why would they care what a 20 something year old has to say about it? MAKE HIM COOL LIKE IN THE 90s....he wasnt cool in the 90s, you were 6-12 what you thought was cool was not cool.....same thing today....hes made for a different generation of kids
There's good art and there's bad art. This is an example of bad art.

Knuckles, in particular, is hideous (Tails looks very nice, though).

If Sonic fans were providing the kind of financial return they wanted, they wouldn't be rebooting Sonic.

Also you don't get to tell other people they don't like things for the right reasons.

If Sega was providing the kind of Sonic games those fans wanted in the first place, they wouldn't need to reboot Sonic, period. They've been fucking these games up for over a decade now.

ec0ec0

Sonic "personality" (if that makes sense) has been lost with this last redesing...

Also, when i look at "amy" now, its like if i am looking at the oposite of what she was.

I hat* this. Nintendo help us.

SegaShack

I actually like Sonic's design, it's about time they retired the Sonic Adventure look. Only one I dont like is knuckles

I just busted out laughing in the library with everyone looking at me now. Holy shit Knuckles started a lifting regimine and Sonic with the hipster scarf. :lol

Like I said in my previous post I like the concept art for everyone except knuckles but after watching the trailer they didn't translate well into the game.
The game itself seems mediocre going by the trailer, I wish they'd stick to the 2D levels they did for generations.

Top Bottom