• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Knuckles' new designs leaked

Zia

I think Knuckles looks really good. Who doesn't like a big, barrel of a chest pressing into you.

Mesoian

Say what you will, this redesign is still LEAGUES better than the Sly redesign

Sly-Cooper-Movie.jpg

Yup, the Rule 34's out there now.

I'm gonna let this all go for a while...

I mean...sonic always had rule 34. It'll just be...less creepy now?

a.wd

Hipster sonic, and dudebro knuckles is what the kids want these days? Seriously knuckles should be searching for protein and squats, ass to grass motherfucker

To be honest they need to please today's kids, they need something to make them "cooler" and while I don't agree with this new look it is clear that they don't really give a damn about me. Also, adults have a tendency to still pick up a game (if it's good) even if they don't quite like the characters design, while kids will ask their parents for something that simply looks "cool". Whatever that looks like for kids nowadays.

I just want to know if the game's any good. Also, are we really judging Knuckles legs in proportion to his upper body? Cohesive anatomy in Sonic characters? Who gives a shit.

RagnarokX

He's never had a neck.

When he opens his mouth so you can see his head below his mustache there is clear definition between his head and body. You don't see the neck but it's implied. The new Eggman looks like his head blends directly into his body.

Plus given the proportion of his head to his body it looks like he's wearing an inflatable suit that he overinflated up to his head.

Sonic's scarf... lol I just don't understand why he has a scarf lol.

Knuckles is on steroids... What have they done to you Knuckles...

Tails and Amy are not terrible... but it just looks like awful fanart lol.

HardRojo

How did they pick these designs? Blind pick? They are awful, now I know Sonic is never coming back to his former glory :/

Saya Brea

Banned
Maybe I don't have the right to say anything since I've never enjoyed any sonic games, but with the exception of Sonic himself, I like the new designs. I think they could have done better with the blue blurs new look.

samwizered

I sent my friend the picture of the new character designs earlier, and his simply replied:

"Yuck."

That pretty much sums it up. Poor Sonic...

Doesn't having bandages on your shoes, when your job is to run really fast, seem like a fairly bad idea?

Is Sega pulling a Kojima and this is really Old Sonic -- constantly out of breath, bandaged up from repetitive strain injuries, and telling everyone, "It's cold in here!" even when it's 85F and is wearing a scarf.

Top Bottom