• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Knuckles' new designs leaked

Damn, really shouldn't have been skipping leg days...

4f4f456c626ed8699a2da44d0773bb86-leg-day-1.jpg

what in the actual fuck...please tell me this is fake.

Wow. I knew from the silhouette that Knuckles was going to be odd looking, but somehow this is worse than I thought it would be. Just looks wrong. The head and the body just don't seem like they belong together.

Everyone else looks OK aside from the bandage overload.

Cimarron

I miss grumpy Jamaican Knuckles. Amy used to be cute and adorable with her crush for Sonic. Now she looks lusty with her bedroom eyes. :p

Nick_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_by_supahboy-d5gdbp5.jpg

Dat tape.

Also there are a couple of discrepencies between the game and the CG at the moment. Knuckles' shoes look different here:

sonic-boom-video-gamet0djb.jpg

versus this:

sonic.jpg%3Fw%3D558%26h%3D9999%26crop%3D0

Also I think Knuckles has broken his leg there.

Amy also seems to have Stockings? Kind of reminds me of April too:

April-o-neil_fists.png

The difference is the turtles have no shoes on.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
That TMNT comparison reminds me, you know what other cartoony redesign initially received a lot of rage, salt and butthurt from the fandom before winning the fans over with the quality of its show? This:

Transformers_Animated_Poster.jpg

Seems like there's a moral to be learned here.

Obama chuckled. "You mean the Sonic Boom redesigns?"
Out of the room you.

The new Nick TMNT designs look pretty good, and redesigns aren't anything out of the norm for that IP. But Bayturtles looks like crap, with those beady almond eyes staring blankly into nothing. I feel the same way about new Knux.

Regiruler

That TMNT comparison reminds me, you know what other cartoony redesign initially received a lot of rage, salt and butthurt from the fandom before winning the fans over with the quality of its show? This:

Transformers_Animated_Poster.jpg

Seems like there's a moral to be learned here.

I never watched it because it was so incredibly different from the Unicron trilogy (which I still view as the best transformers series of all time). I saw a few episodes and liked it, but never followed it.

Branduil

Years later, the unanswered question of Knuckles' possible PED usage ended up keeping him out of the gaming icon Hall of Fame.

Oriel

Years later, the unanswered question of Knuckles' possible PED usage ended up keeping him out of the gaming icon Hall of Fame.

You should see his bathroom cabinet, full of piss samples in case the IOC doping agency come knocking on a surprise visit.

I don't understand why they can't use the original timeless designs from the Sega Genesis era????

Ditto.
Also, why can't it be 2-D only?

Think about it... 2-D old school Sonic, Tails and Knuckles... only 3 lives at the start so the game is a challenge, distribute it digitally at $39.99...
Is it wrong to think this game wouldn't be a hit?

Rlan

Also reminded of one of the other Sonic redesigns - from the Sonic Riders series.

sonic-rider-style-blue.jpg

While these new designs are tall as well, they didn't have GIGANTIC FEET AND HANDS like in Riders.

I don't understand why they can't use the original timeless designs from the Sega Genesis era????

sorry man, we gotta give up. I give up.

I give up trying to convince myself that they will one day again make another great Sonic game.

gotta look the truth in the mirror. It ended in 1994 and we must deal with it.

1994 was the last great one.

Neiteio

OK, I like the "Bayonetta-ification" of Knuckles' design now. The longer limbs accentuate his punching moves, the added bulks conveys power, and the dreads seem to fly with his motion, which makes him more kinetic and exciting to watch.

Amy and Tails are inoffensive. Still not sure about Sonic himself, though.

sorry man, we gotta give up. I give up.

I give up trying to convince myself that they will one day again make another great Sonic game.

gotta look the truth in the mirror. It ended in 1994 and we must deal with it.

1994 was the last great one.

I agree. I'm starting to think that the main reason that they will never go back to 2-D is the fact that in doing so, it would admit (directly or indirectly) that the last 14 years have largely been a wash.
When faced with the choice of releasing a decent (at best) game, or releasing a great game that admits to the world that the past 14 years have been a bit of a slip-up, unfortunately I think it is human-nature to choose the former.

HUELEN10

Friend told me that other characters besides Eggy and the main 4 have been seen, such as Marine. Anyone care to confirm?

Replicant

Stylishly scarfed Sonic and Mummified Knuckles? I don't know what else to say......

EDIT: Wait, they all have bandages like rejects from CLAMP's series (ie. X, Tokyo Babylon, Tsubasa Chronicles, Code Geass).

sn00zer

I would hate to be developing a game for twelve year olds only to have a group of 20 somethings say its the worst thing ever....its like 13 year olds complaining about a Thomas the Tank Engine redesign

Foffy

Banned
I really can't handle Knuckles. He looks legit bad. Tails looks very great, much like his older designs, with Sonic and Amy being close enough to their old designs.

But Knuckles. What in the fuck? He looks so awkward. Like, they couldn't alter him similarly to how the Mario characters get altered in spin-offs (Paper Mario, particularly)? He looks like a legit meat head.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Knuckles has hired Chris Redfield's athletic trainer I see.

Sonic fans were right all along! Sonic's new voice actor has ruined Sonic forever! Time to bring back Ryan Drummond to save the series!

This is what some Sonic fans would actually believe.

iori9999

Banned
Sega, shitting on Knuckles.. Since well 1994.. I guess he meant something in Sonic Adventure 1.. But seriously, those redesigns are a complete embarrassment..

Top Bottom