• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

A.E Suggs

Absolutely terrible. I hope she is an unlockable character so that I never have to look at that horrid character model and cynical advertising vehicle.

The signature vehicle of the Daytona USA series.

Same thing I said about alisa when she was revealed, sadly it was not to be and I got over it. That aside her car doesn't even look bad, you people just wanted the hornet so out of anger you just hate the design by default.

TimmiT

sonic-racing-04.jpg

New Level? Shinobi Level?

I'm 90% sure that's a House of the Dead level from the first game.

Glad to see Ulala is back in but what about Ryo Hazuki?

Man November seems so far off even though its next month.

Why was SASASR never released in Japan and will Transformed also be missing Japan? It seems like this game would sell well enough there.

Dream17

Neo Member
- the character roster will not be entirely revealed before the game launches- in fact, Lycett mentions that
“There is one very cool surprise.”

- Finally, the game will have a soundtrack covering music from tons of Sega franchises, “Music that’s iconic [...] it has a slight contemporary twist.” The team is especially proud of the soundtrack, and wants to make it available either as a CD or a digital download.

I heard they were hesitant to use him because you'd mostly just be seeing a black circle while driving

Didn't S0L say that here, or am I making things up? (definitely don't mean to put words in his mouth :x)

fuck that shit, we see the back of sonic's head all the time and that is just blue quills. He could have so many bad ass designs using his long arms too and you know, he could turn his head.

Anyway the wind in his face would blow the corners of his star face behind him and stuff, like sonic's quills again.

I'd understand skipping over Ristar (as much as I want him in...) but not including Vectorman would be one hell of a missed opportunity.

Have Sumo commented or hinted at Toejam and Earl at all, given that after the issues when they wanted them for the first game the creator said he'd be happy for SEGA to use them again?

SykoTech

I'd understand skipping over Ristar (as much as I want him in...) but not including Vectorman would be one hell of a missed opportunity.

Indeed. Vectorman transforming into the different vehicles is an absolute no brainer. I can only hope that Vectorman's deconfirmation was S0L trying to troll us or something because he's a vehicle rather than a driver or something.

....they better not skip Rister either.

DjRoomba

Banned
there is an ios of the first game which I got for free..Its just a very shit stripped down version, I imagine this will be the same.

Het_Nkik

Have Sumo commented or hinted at Toejam and Earl at all, given that after the issues when they wanted them for the first game the creator said he'd be happy for SEGA to use them again?

Last interview I read with one of the guys at Sumo, when he was asked about TJ&E, he simply responded with a smile. Seems like a positive. I'll see if I can find the interview.

EDIT:
NG – Moving onto the characters… obviously, there are still some to be announced, and while we know they’re still to be revealed are there any you wanted to be in there but couldn’t manage it for whatever reason?

GW - Ummmm…

NG – Because I remember in the last game Sumo wanted to have ToeJam and Earl in there and it didn’t work out for some reason…

GW - [smiles]

Source

SykoTech

Did you read the OP?

Edit: Since I think it's been confirmed that Vectorman has been pulled, I assume Ristar has as well. I guess. I dunno.

They weren't pulled because they were never confirmed to begin with. TSSZ puts up rumors that end up being false a lot (Sonic Dimensions on Wii U, Sonic Adventure 3 domains, etc.).

They weren't pulled because they were never confirmed to begin with. TSSZ puts up rumors that end up being false a lot (Sonic Dimensions on Wii U, Sonic Adventure 3 domains, etc.).

The Sonic Adventure 3 domains were not "rumors". Those were actually registered, the question was by who and for what. If it's worth anything, I saw the news tip we got regarding that and neglected to write anything about it because I myself did not think it was important. Tristan did.

We do not just put up anything that gets sent to our news tip inbox. There's quite a lot we debunk before deciding to run it (you wouldn't believe how many people submitted this image of Sonic in Project X-Zone, despite it taking literally ten seconds on Google Image Search to see what the original source image was before it was photoshopped).

But I stand behind Tristan on Sonic Dimensions because I was privy to the source it was coming from. The real problem is everybody, including the source, jumped the gun. It was a pitch, not an actual in-development game project. But it was a real pitch - where the information came from was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, absolutely legit and close enough to get that kind of info (and obviously, close enough that if we said where, exactly, it came from, there would be very dire consequences).

The nature of getting information ahead of release means that even if your information was right at the time, it may not always end up being right by the time the game itself gets released. The further in advance you get your information, the more likely it will be that the information changes on down the line.

RM8

Not yet, I think, same with 3DS. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the 3DS version gets delayed and/or eventually cancelled. The game is out in one month and we don't have one single 3DS screen. The Vita version might be more safe since it's a PS360WiiU port, I think.

Not yet, I think, same with 3DS. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the 3DS version gets delayed and/or eventually cancelled. The game is out in one month and we don't have one single 3DS screen. The Vita version might be more safe since it's a PS360WiiU port, I think.

Thought I read it was on a blog post a while back.

Varjet

We already know that the 3DS version is getting a demo, though.

Why can't it be day 1 without him not being in?

Just always been kind of obsessed about his game ever since I was young lad. I'm not particularly hyped for Sonic & Sega that much, but I was just reading about it today and the early rumours about Ristar and Vectorman being in. I thought to myself, in spite of everything else, if Ristar was in the game then that would make it an insta-buy.

I think the 3DS version is safe. Nintendo announced that the 3DS will be getting a demo this month!

I am worried about the quality of the final version though as Sumo have shown nothing yet.

RM8

Ah, forgot about the 3DS demo. Good, since it's the version I'm getting (unless it blows, then PS3 or PC).

Top Bottom