• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: “PS4 ‘generally sold out at all retailers”

level44

The now banned user, oconnomiyaki, saying dumb things. His greatest hits include:

- PS4 demand has "fallen off a cliff" in NZ, because I saw some in a store one time.
- That picture of 63 PS4s is clearly 42, and I am willing to spend 3 pages arguing about it.
- "Nintendo deserves to go out of business" (because I had trouble transferring a 3DS file)
- The PS2 did not have a good gaming library.
- Microsoft paying Youtube reviewers to break the law isn't that bad.

Can you guess what fanboy faction he represents?

Ah ok, thanks for the info.

The now banned user, oconnomiyaki, saying dumb things. His greatest hits include:

- PS4 demand has "fallen off a cliff" in NZ, because I saw some in a store one time.
- That picture of 63 PS4s is clearly 42, and I am willing to spend 3 pages arguing about it.
- "Nintendo deserves to go out of business" (because I had trouble transferring a 3DS file)

Thank god that turd is banned again. Every post of his would devolve the discussion into shit.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Sony: "The sky is blue"

Majmun

Sold out in Holland since launch. Can't find one in Germany nor Belgium. My money is ready but I just can't find one ;_;

Eknots

LIAR. I saw one at my local target. You liar Sony you lie you think you can get away with Lying but you were wrong Sony you were wrongggggg because I found a playstation 4 and now everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows about the time you lieeed on the internet in your internal presentation

Can we sue for damages!??!

Ryaaan14

Banned
Let's be honest, has anyone ever seen a PS4 IRL? It's always some mysterious stranger on the internet who has one.

Sony I wanna see the proof that this phantom console exists. All I see are numbers and statistics. Where's the console Sony? You're not fooling me.

Slayven

The joke is getting annoying now, since that guy's anecdotal story isn't supported by the online evidence.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS4-Console/21037837

Our price
$64900
Add to Trolley
On backorder
More stock due to arrive Feb 17th

http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/gaming...pre-order.html

Due to limited stock this product is not available for purchase online, please contact your local store for stock availablity.

https://www.ebgames.co.nz/featured/playstation-4

PlayStation 4 Console (Early 2014 Shipment)
PlayStation 4
PREORDER NEW
$649.00
+ Add to cart
Preorder
- Available February 28
So pretty much like the WII U doesn't sell during heat waves Metacreate joke.

Herro! Now wii would like to fuck you once again! Prease understand!

MRW-the-girl-sitting-next-to-me-in-my-lecture-said-France-was-in-Africa-gary-coleman.gif

Kureransu

I honestly didn't know they were sort of supply. I see them plenty here in metro detroit. Heck a friend of mine took one his friends to pick one up yesterday at is local gamestop. just a walk in. I generally see them at walmart and target. I don't know if my local costco carries them yet, but they had a HUGE pallet of XBones for sale at $479.99

wowlace

It's February and here in Australia I have not seen a PS4 on a shelf anywhere. I was in a bunch of retailers yesterday and nothing but "pre-order for next shipment".

I honestly didn't know they were sort of supply. I see them plenty here in metro detroit. Heck a friend of mine took one his friends to pick one up yesterday at is local gamestop. just a walk in. I generally see them at walmart and target. I don't know if my local costco carries them yet, but they had a HUGE pallet of XBones for sale at $479.99

Hehe, sorry...

Clever, Sony. Cornering the heavy gamer market so that Major Nelson can't claim the X-Box has a larger install base when total biomass is taken into account.

How much of this is constrained supply due to Sony stocking up for the Japanese launch? The puzzling bit is that it's mid-Feb and Sony is still having trouble shipping out units in decent numbers -- this is supposed to be a generic box vs the weird custom chips on PS2/PS3, so why aren't they able to meet demand?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Clever, Sony. Cornering the heavy gamer market so that Major Nelson can't claim the X-Box has a larger install base when total biomass is taken into account.

I would actually like to see Sony trounce the Xbox PS2-style just to see what crazy justifications that used-car salesman can come up with.

How much of this is constrained supply due to Sony stocking up for the Japanese launch? The puzzling bit is that it's mid-Feb and Sony is still having trouble shipping out units in decent numbers -- this is supposed to be a generic box vs the weird custom chips on PS2/PS3, so why aren't they able to meet demand?

Not to be too cynical but I'm sure some of it has to do with image. They want PS4's to sell as soon as they hit the store. Keeping supply 'low' makes the item seem like something you have to purchase when you see it. If you went to BB and always saw a stack of fifty sitting there then you wouldn't consider it as something you had to get, right that instant.

Truthfully though, I'm sure they are trying to hold back a solid amount of consoles for the Japan launch next week.

Fehyd

Banned
Honestly every time I go to best buy they never have any

Best Buy actually signed a big partnership with Microsoft months back (they placed Microsoft "stores" inside many Best Buy stores), so they get a sizable chunk of xbones in. Conversely, it seems Gamestop gets a larger portion of PS4's in, and Best Buy allotments are smaller.

Also, I can confirm that Best Buy does not have a wealth of PS4's somewhere. Most PS4's come in drop-shipped, so they're not even sitting in a BBY warehouse. Its literally off the boat to where they need to go.

Sobriquet

LIAR. I saw one at my local target. You liar Sony you lie you think you can get away with Lying but you were wrong Sony you were wrongggggg because I found a playstation 4 and now everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows about the time you lieeed on the internet in your internal presentation

At my local Best Buy they were literally giving them away from a pile of 2000 and people just looked at them with disgust! Instead they were buying 5 or 6 Xbox Ones at a time.

AaronB

I saw my first in-stock PS4 the other day (Target in the Twin Cities area). XB1's have been available since about New Years.

I'm curious to see what level the sales will maintain once supply catches up and it is generally available.

Saw 20 standalone PS4s for 449.-CHF in my local Mediamarkt (Switzerland) last Thursday evening and today they were all gone. It is real!!1
They had 10 Ones with FIFA for 749.-CHF (German import) and they sold 4, which is actually not bad considering the price. But yeah it wasn't realesed here yet.

Ishan

ooh ooh let me guess let me guess ... SEGA!

kmg90

At the local retailers around my town, PS4 availability is sporadic as retailers would have 3-5 consoles available one day and sold out the next

cakefoo

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Sony.
Sony just held a meeting to discuss the state of the PS4 in general. What journalists decide to make of that info is up to them.

Increased market-share amongst "heavy-gamers"
172M online gameplay hours LTD
90% of PS4's are net-connected, (70% for PS3 after 3 years)
Weekly use: 34M hours on games, 16M hours on entertainment
48M video/screenshot shares
1.7M hours of livestreaming
PSN card sales up 120% YOY
PS+ subs up 90% since PS4 launch

I'm in Best Buy here in Mississauga about twice a week and I haven't seen one single PS4 system in stock since launch. I know they've had them, but they immediately go.

Xbox One is in stock, and has been on a regular basis.

FWIW, the PS Vita and the PS4 Camera have also been sold out. I was shocked when I went in three weeks ago to get a PS4 Camera and they had none. They had close to 50 when the system launched. I still can't find one.

Top Bottom