• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces TGS line-up, no TRICO?

Bebpo

Banned
[21:57] Bebpo: either surprise or like usual Japan is struggling with technology
[21:57] Bebpo: and is taking 4 years to learn how to make an HD game

duckroll

CryptiK said:
Surprise announcements will happen.

TRICO is not a surprise announcement though. It's a game which has already been announced, and they've shown a trailer before. Like I said, they list specifically that there is 1 unannounced PS3 and 1 unannounced PSP game which will be in those sections of the booth.

duckroll

evolution said:
Maybe because it isn't playable it wasn't listed??? I hope its there, would be a shame if it isn't

Yes, that's possible. But if it still isn't playable, it isn't going to come out anytime soon.

jett

D-Member
If The Last Guardian doesn't make an appearance I will be gravely disappointed.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Shame.

Not that I care or anything.

I do not like this team's games.

oh yeah

well i do not like you!

IIRC, Fumito Ueda tweeted something about a month ago about an appearance/presentation at some non-TGS event in September (think it takes place before TGS actually).

Issun23

This happened last year too. Since it wasn't playable at the booth the game wasn't mentioned in the press release but was shown in video form.

Fumito Ueda showed the game yesterday at CEDEC. I don't see why he won't do the same at TGS.

4950574866_cfb41f7776_b.jpg

Pooya

Vamphuntr said:
Tales of Graces F will be there according to the list. Where is that new Tales game namco hyped a while back?
The counter on the official site points to Jump Festa.

AAK

Makes sense, Sony has an absurd amount of software releases for 2011, I'd say the'll hype TLG during late 2011 events for a 2012 release.

Issun23 said:
This happened last year too. Since it wasn't playable at the booth the game wasn't mentioned in the press release but was shown in video form.

Fumito Ueda showed the game yesterday at CEDEC. I don't see why he won't do the same at TGS.

This is what I was talking about yeah.

Bebpo

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
Tales of Graces F will be there according to the list. Where is that new Tales game namco hyped a while back?

It's not being revealed until mid-Dec when Graces F releases.

The game is going to be like 8 hours for god sake, why does it take so long. Don't get me wrong, it will be something special but the wait is excruciating. Its going to be 6 years since SotC if I'm not mistaken before it gets released. Thats more than GT5.

slider

Issun23 said:

That pic impressed the hell outta me. : )

Strike

Issun23 said:

What the? How come were only hearing about it now? NDA?

duckroll

Issun23 said:

Ah okay. Video-only makes sense.

MassiveAttack said:
CEDEC is a developer-only event. Unlike GDC, press does not normally attend.

The Japanese press has been covering it heavily, but I haven't seen the Ueda session covered anywhere.

It may be that it was closed off to press. Sony did the same the last year for Move.

As for the lack of Trico in the lists, Sony only has playable games in its lists.

Issun23

Strike said:
What the? How come were only hearing about it now? NDA?

It happened less than 24 hours ago. Japanese press started posting reports only a few hours ago. I'm working on an English language report but there seems to be no actual news about the game, apart from the video shown. The talk was about the power of animation in the visual entertainment medium, ie. film and games.

Mush said:
As in playable to the public, or playable to the press?

Playable at Sony's booth.

StuBurns

Banned
Not surprised it's not playable but a new trailer doesn't seem much to ask, I'd be disappointed if it's not there at all. And no leaked footage of that presentation? I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about it.

Lion Heart said:
The game is going to be like 8 hours for god sake, why does it take so long. Don't get me wrong, it will be something special but the wait is excruciating. Its going to be 6 years since SotC if I'm not mistaken before it gets released. Thats more than GT5.

An 8 hour snuff film. I'm sure they've spent at least a year figuring out the most fucked up way to kill the main characters. I'm sorry chicken-cat-rat, but you are already dead and I don't even know your name yet. *sniffs*.

I sure hope it's gonna be there, because it would seem odd for them to schedule an interview and session with the game for us in the press, without it actually being there.

StuBurns

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:
An 8 hour snuff film. I'm sure they've spent at least a year figuring out the most fucked up way to kill the main characters. I'm sorry chicken-cat-rat, but you are already dead and I don't even know your name yet. *sniffs*.
It's name is Trico isn't it?

EDIT: Was Team ICO Collection announced or something? HD ICO above.
EDIT2: Scope, not a game, lame.

I'm really hoping that Dead or Alive 5 gets announced for PS3 at TGS. Team Ninja's gotta be working on something other than DOA3DS, right?

StuBurns

Banned
grap3fruitman said:
I'm really hoping that Dead or Alive 5 gets announced for PS3 at TGS. Team Ninja's gotta be working on something other than DOA3DS, right?
They're working on NG3 and NG3DS I believe.

Top Bottom