• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces TGS line-up, no TRICO?

AAK said:
You forget Ratchet Co op, Heroes on the Move, Motorstorm: Apocalypse. But is TLG really that relevant in Japan as well? How did ICO or SOTC do in Japan? The majority of buyers are going to be from the West for TLG anyway.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 39,806
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - 28,533
Motorstorm - 58,227
Motorstorm Pacific Rift - 21,277
Sly Cooper - 17,256 (rest of the series sales statistically insignificant)

Shadow of the Colossus - 190,196 + 25,736 (best hits)
Ico - 32,250 + 90,201 (best hits)

Sadly, Ratchet and Motorstorm aren't worth much anymore. Team ICO isn't a million selling team, but aside from GT5 and the dead-certain Minna no sports stuff, it's probably the best thing Sony's got to give first party-wise for Japan.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Shame.

Not that I care or anything.

I do not like this team's games.

Not to pile on here but if you don't care, why post at all?

Secondly, and in case you've been living under a rock, you're dismissing what might well be two of GAF's favorite games... ever.

I'm not sure, but I would guess GAF would carry Ueda's unborn child if necessary.

MassiveAttack said:
Not to pile on here but if you don't care, why post at all?

Secondly, and in case you've been living under a rock, you're dismissing what might well be two of GAF's favorite games... ever.

I'm not sure, but I would guess GAF would carry Ueda's unborn child if necessary.
I'd let that man do unspeakable things to me

Mato

That image looks great but I think Trico is just too much for TI. The gameplay mechanics look so heavy and complex, no wonder its taking them so long to finish. I'm not sure they can pull it off, even SOTC feels weird with the camera, boss battles and horse riding. It will probably end up being heavily on-rails, much like the horse riding in SOTC, which is unplayable unless you let the horse do what it wants.

Oneself

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I see Ico HD. I want SOTC HD screens now; they were both shown in that presentation's video. Damn, all we want is a confirmation of that collection fuckers. 60fps, instant death caused by too much awesome confirmed.

raviolico

Mato said:
That image looks great but I think Trico is just too much for TI. The gameplay mechanics look so heavy and complex, no wonder its taking them so long to finish. I'm not sure they can pull it off, even SOTC feels weird with the camera, boss battles and horse riding. It will probably end up being heavily on-rails, much like the horse riding in SOTC, which is unplayable unless you let the horse do what it wants.

please tell me more.

Mato said:

What?

Mato said:
MALDITO TE MATO!

Animator

canova said:
who cares about The Last Guardian or ICO HD, I want Demon's Souls 2 goddamnit!!

Last guardian is one of my most anticipated titles of all time but I would kick a baby to get a demons souls 2 release date and trailer.

Is there any chance at all for a DS2 announcement.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Mato said:

All signs point to Last Guardian being an Ico-like puzzle/exploration game with some giant beast riding elements. If I had to guess, you will spend most of the time running around separately from the beast, finding ways to get to places he can get to easily, or finding ways to get him to places you can get to easily. Then sometimes you'll ride him.

Your comment doesn't make much sense to me.

StuBurns

Banned
hey_it's_that_dog said:
All signs point to Last Guardian being an Ico-like puzzle/exploration game with some giant beast riding elements. If I had to guess, you will spend most of the time running around separately from the beast, finding ways to get to places he can get to easily, or finding ways to get him to places you can get to easily. Then sometimes you'll ride him.

Your comment doesn't make much sense to me.
I think it's exactly that, with stealth gameplay.

Kittonwy

Banned
Mato said:

Beats having the horse drive like a fucking tank in some other games.

level-5 and sony both showed their lineups. no Rogue Galaxy or Dark Cloud in site. neither have "unannounced" either do they? TGS would be the only place either title would be announced. :(

/yetanotherpersonmoaningaboutdarkcloud

Ranger X said:
This only tells us one thing:

It's probably not playable on the showfloor.
Therefore it's probably a 2011 game. :(
Wait you thought it might sneak into 2010 somehow? I haven't thought it'd be a 2010 game for a while now.

After the lack of E3 appearance I gave up on it being released in 2010. Even if it did make an E3 appearance, I had it down as a December game. I think it would make a good september 2011 game. Sony's 2011 schedule is packed. Sod that, the PS3 exclusive line up in general is packed and if VC3 is PS3 exclusive. . .its going to be a mighty year for the PS3.

Ranger X

badcrumble said:
Wait you thought it might sneak into 2010 somehow? I haven't thought it'd be a 2010 game for a while now.

Could have been a surprise announcement at TGS. But hey, I know it would be a stretch. I just want this game so much :(

Guevara

I give Sony credit. If I were in charge I'd be pulling my hair out telling Team Ico to get something out and visible. A new trailer or something.

Edit: SotC came out in 10/2005

Any chance of a translation on the 4gamer and game watch articles? I'm actually interested in what they have to say in the keynote. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

mello

"I believe we'll soon be able to make some announcements that will please everyone, so please look forward to it."

A full blowout would be the only thing that would please me at this point.

Mato said:

Man, where is the prince.gif with the glare when we need it.

RavenFox

Banned
Second said:
The game police does not approve

qmz89e.jpg
HOLLYYY SHIII That's just fucking ruthless
and ICO for the MOFO WIN!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TheSixthAxis brings word of a new SCEJ title that may be at TGS. Or may not. But hopefully will.

It came up in conversation with Dave Epke, a press officer at Sony Benelux, during a press event to preview their Q3/Q4 lineup.

He also sounds like he thought he was talking off the record...

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/09/04/room299-sonys-secret-press-event/

I and a few others sat down with Dave Epke, one of Sony’s press officers and had quite an interesting chat. Several subjects came up, but there were two that I think are worth telling you about: Supposedly, a Japanese first party studio is working on a “crazy” new title for PS3.

When we talked about the Tokyo Game Show this year, he mentioned that he got to see footage of this new game when he was in Japan not too long ago. “It looked crazy! Really, I don’t know how they come up with that stuff.” So, I asked him about what kind of game it is, but he couldn’t tell me. “I really love my job”, he said. “You’ll just have to wait”.

Finally, he did mention that it kinda reminded him of LittleBigPlanet. He wondered if Sony Japan will show this new title at the TGS this year. Well, I certainly hope so!

Off topic, but he also talked about the evolution of PSN and why features don't arrive faster. It's here where I think he's perhaps more frank than he should be :p But it's an interesting insight for us.

“Well”, he said, “the main reason for that, is because all the big decisions are still being made in Japan.

That’s where they develop the core firmware as well. And we’ve been trying to take over their work here in Europe and the US, or at least divide the tasks, but without success. See, they’re really stubborn. And they have other priorities over there. They don’t care much about social media and online gaming. Not many people play online games in Japan, apart from the ones that are into MMO’s. But, as I said, we’re still working on it and we’ll get there eventually. I mean, we know it’s a big deal here in Europe and in the US. And we’re frustrated by the fact that Sony Japan really slows things down.”

Ouch...

Issun23

That LittleBigPlanet-like game they mention reminds me of the patent registered by Ueda and Sony Japan for a user-powered data management process.

Didn't Sony Benelux leak LBP2 a while ago? :lol

Sucks about SCEJ and their bloody firmware priorities. Aside from GT5 and TLG, they've now officially done more harm then good to Sony this gen.

Shurs said:
In the original game, during that scene the perspective went from 4:3 to 16:9 during the cutscene.

If the game is getting remastered as a 16:9 widescreen port, I could definitely see the perspective popping into 2.35:1 to maintain the cinematic quality of the cutscenes.

My hype level is rising.

My hype leve just reach outer space, it is expected to transcend the space dimension soon.

a1m

Banned
gofreak said:
TheSixthAxis brings word of a new SCEJ title that may be at TGS. Or may not. But hopefully will.

It came up in conversation with Dave Epke, a press officer at Sony Benelux, during a press event to preview their Q3/Q4 lineup.

Off topic, but he also talked about the evolution of PSN and why features don't arrive faster. It's here where I think he's perhaps more frank than he should be :p But it's an interesting insight for us.

Ouch...
Please be Dark Cloud 3, PLEASE

Sony will be streaming their conference, according to The Independent.

The live stream will start at 1pm local time on September 16, which is equivalent to 5am UK time and 6am Central European Summer Time that day, or 9pm PDT on September 15 with a corresponding 1am EDT timeslot for viewers in the Americas.

It'll be streamed on Sony's TGS site.

Redbeard

Banned
gofreak said:

Ouch...

That's really disappointing that Sony Japan has complete control over firmware updates.

I thought Stringer was trying to integrate Sony better?

Having Sony Japan control the firmware updates when the Japanese don't care much about online/social features is ridiculous, especially when Japan is probably only about 10-20% of the PS3 market.

Honestly now, having no Cross Game voice chat and better PSN integration is costing Sony sales, why are they putting up with this sort of incompetence?

Top Bottom