• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony gives Notch a golden PS1

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sony wants that minecraft cash MS is getting right now,

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
He is rich and he has big companies sucking up to him. Must be nice to be Notch.

Guy deserves it. Made an amazing game. Has a really consumer-friendly attitude. Is incredibly humble and floored by his success.

Does this mean he's doing something for PS4, or does this mean they WANT him to do something for PS4?

It means they want him to do something for them. Adam Boyes from Sony also sent him a Vita and a bunch of games a while back. Thing is I don't think Minecraft would be half as successful on PS3/PS4 as it has been on 360.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think all VIP invites got that golden colored PS one. It's actually a pretty smart dig towards a certain other console with the word "one" in it. Sony is trolling again. lol

Why doesnt Minecraft Vita exist yet? I'd pay full console game price for it.
Does MS have exclusivity?

Yes, although it recently ended if it's the same type of exclusivity that MS usually secures (one year). But if Gamasutra's report is true then I don't even know why Sony's bothering with this since they've mentioned that MS is trying to work out another deal with Mojang.

Joni

LbwW83F.jpg

How would they have something like that laying around? It never got released on a Sony platform and Sony isn't linked to either the dev or the publisher.

Man

How would they have something like that laying around? It never got released on a Sony platform and Sony isn't linked to either the dev or the publisher.
I believe it's a Psygnosis IP. Sony bought Psygnosis and owns the ip.

It was a guy from Sony. Sony people play all consoles and have been in the industry for decades.

raven777

I don't know who this person is but from the posts in this thread is it safe to assume that this person is creator of minecraft?

I don't blame Sony for trying but I think Notch is under a lot of pressure to follow up Minecraft. I'm not sure it's going to be even remotely comparable

DiscoJer

What I find puzzling is that Sony is willing to try to develop not just one, but two Monster Hunter clones, so why don't they make their own Minecraft clone? Maybe do a tie in with Lego, since they have some sort of working relationship according to that post here.

I'm actually shocked no major developer/publisher has made one. Again, numerous companies have made MH clones, so it's not like they have that much shame.

Personally though, I think it will be interesting to see if the Ouya gets a version of Minecraft. He was a big donor to it, enough to get his named engraved on all the consoles (and he might have invested some)

What I find puzzling is that Sony is willing to try to develop not just one, but two Monster Hunter clones, so why don't they make their own Minecraft clone? Maybe do a tie in with Lego, since they have some sort of working relationship according to that post here.

Because it's better to get the real thing than an imitation. Sony wouldn't be making those games if they still had Monster Hunter on their handheld. They feel that they can still get Minecraft on PS.

Jintor

Remember the PSOne screen attachment? That thing always looked fucking dope. I wonder if it was actually any good.

JoshHood

I know a bunch of people who would pick up a Vita in a heartbeat for Minecraft. Really wish it would happen, but get the feeling that Mojang will be moving on from it completely in not too long so the time for it will have passed :(

Also, and I wondered this last time he got sent stuff, why is it SCEA (Adam Boyes) trying to pull Notch and not SCEE guys like Shahid?

solarus

All of these gifts and minecraft has console exclusivity with the 360 lol. God i hope it comes to ps4 and vita.

plainr_

I remember coloring my PSOne with a sharpie. Biggest mistake ever. Looked even more like shit after my attempt to remove it with nail polish remover.

Top Bottom