• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony gives Notch a golden PS1

Sony taking it up a notch :b

kitty does not approve.
7YZmpcA.gif

The very definition of a grey brick. Must have been your first (or second) ever console :p

Nope, I've had Pong/Colecovision, Spectrum, Atari, MSX, NES, Genesis, Jaguar, and even the N64 before the PSX.

The console had that old school Sony industrial design look, which I love. PS2 had that sensibility too.

XBone is a grey brick.

If Minecraft Vita happened, Sony would win my heart in the handheld war.

The greatest timewasting, commute friendly, long-haul flight bearing companion ever.

Meelow

Banned
The worst thing about the PSOne was that the disc lid was so damn sensitive to being opened.

On the OG Playstation it snapped into place waaay better.

Yeah I have the PSOne, the lid kinda broke so I have to push it down and maybe sometimes put something over it so it can shut.

Though I need that golden PSOne.

Markus Persson ‏@notch 1m
Got a vip invitation to an e3 event from sony in the form of a gold colored psone. Wow. :D pic.twitter.com/d8kZQRxgyg

BLQ5-O6CYAA0Xyl.pg:large

They really want this guy on board.

Update:

Markus Persson ‏@notch 2m
Sony also once sent me an original copy of Dungeon Master 2 they had lying around for some reason. They sure know how to bribe nerds. ;D

This is really a classy move. The personal touch of a hand written card to him and a game Notch was looking for really took it a step above. Sure, alot of companies in the industry send developers and press free things all the time, but very few actually give the items they send a personal touch.

kmax

I'd take that shiny looking PSOne over that toaster looking XBone any day. Travelling down memory lane without worrying about any internet disruptions and other unnecessary hassles is simply a better experience.

Besides, it looks cool as hell.

I gave away my OG PSX to my ungrateful cousins back when I first bought a PS2...little jerks didn't even thank me and didn't even end up playing it, favoring their N64 and Gamecube instead.

How hard would it be to find a new PSOne these days? I'd love to own one again.

Frazley

Please Notch! Bring Minecraft to either Vita, PS3 or PS4! I would so buy it again! I bought copies for my friends of Minecraft for PC and would definitely rebuy it for myself for PlayStation!

This also reminded me to go find my PS1 (The 1 not the One redesign) from storage. Don't know where my cords or controllers are (think I gave them to a close relative), but I have all of my old games. The cords I can get in a giffy, just need to figure out how to do RCA to component or HDMI.

Top Bottom