• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reveals new PSN store

reminder

The PS Store has certainly come a long way:

7zfPz.jpg

Wow, totally forgot how it looked like when the PS3 launched. Damn.

People (including myself) are so burnt and now sceptic about SCEE that we actually think that this new UI won't be for us in the EU.

Now that's a major fuck-up SCEE.

yeah i mean come on man, scandinavian localization has to take about 4 additional months! :D (Counter-Strike Forever)

Soodanim

Gold Member
New UI or old, I just hope they stop using backgrounds that make text unreadable. Eliminating that length of time when you go back a page where inputs have no effect would be wonderful. Does it have a purpose?

DBT85

Looks much better.

Just allow me to filter my downloads or even DELETE THINGS FROM MY DOWNLOAD HISTORY and It'll be perfect.

I don't care that I downloaded the PES 2010 demo way back when, It's of no fucking use to me now.

Also the Vita version better not show all the bloody PS3 content on the download list. Takes forever to go through there sometimes!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think its pretty nice but I really hope theres a way to sort and look through your download history somehow, its pretty much the biggest pain in the ass right now.

Loudninja

Again the details
The pages themselves scroll from left to right, on what Sony describes as a carousel set-up, which puts more of the store’s content within easy reach as the user moves through scrolling pages.

It’s from a functional perspective that the store will undergo its biggest changes. The search function is now smart, so provides a reductive list of options as each letter of the search phrase is typed. Abbreviations and mis-spellings will also be covered, allowing users to search for MW3 or Mas Efect.

Search performance will be further refined over the coming months, “What will be refreshing to customers is that this will represent a new agile programme that will enable us to add new content every month or so, rather than dumping the new content and saying we’re done,” explained PS Store product development manager, Elliot Dumville.

Filtering has also been improved, filtering is now possible by content type, but also by price and even by peripheral support.
In a guided tour of the store, Dumville showed-off grouped content, which brings together all content for any given title in one place, with links to demos, full games, DLC and themes. Searching for Black Ops, for example, shows related screen shots, links to a demo and provides recommendations for other Call of Duty content.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/11/sony-unveils-redesigned-ps-store-live-from-october-17/

Iacobellis

The second store was fine. I'm guessing the Vita will be stuck with the blue layout, seeing as how the PSP didn't get updated as much as the PS3.

Vorg

Banned
Looks a lot better and way more usable than the store they have now, even though the design was clearly ripped off from the xbox360 right down to the lettering. Hopefully they'll have a web version available too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't want to search. I want it to filter at least by console type ( PS3, PS2, PS1).
I also don't want it to be a list that you scroll through that only shows 4 items at a time. I want them to use my whole screen because I have over 700 items in that list and it takes forever to go through it.

Tratorn

I can confirm that you can filter and sort your download list, although my notes suggest it might not be at launch. Will need to qualify.

Very good news, thanks. :)
Even if it won't be there at launch, it's good they're finally working on this.

Thank god. Old PSN store had horrible visual legibility and the menu logic you would expect if the government formed a panel to design a UI, the, "Seminal Heuristic Interface and Tile Experts"

Don't give a shit what it apes, I am not staking my personal identity in a store interface, I just want it legible, clean and logically organized.

I'm wondering why it's just so dark, and how they're basically abandoning the "rebranding" of the PS3 to the classic colors and font on the hardware, from the launch spiderman font and the red stuff everywhere. I guess if that F1 page is evidence of what the majority of pages without a custom background will look like, I'll be ok with it. There's some blue there.

Gameboy415

Ugh, I'm not a fan of the new look.
It seems to be turning into the clusterf@ck of ads that the MS store has become in recent years.

I can confirm that you can filter and sort your download list, although my notes suggest it might not be at launch. Will need to qualify.

Now this is good news!

slider

Good and bad news... if it isn't there at launch I have little belief Sony will expedite it even though plenty of folk want it!

El-Suave

Looks good, I hope they get rid of the different layouts across regions and the differences between countries within a region.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Looks nice, looks like they ditched that film store app they had last year then for this.

And not to be that guy, while "Metro" (and now not metro because of legal reasons) is MS's thing at the moment and others have followed, it is no way anything new, clean design using squares, rectangles, proper fonts and such go back 50+ years.
Like clothes things go and come back into fashion, it was already happening before MS started making everything Metro orientated.

Arnie

Looks a lot like 360's Metro, but that's a good thing. There's no shame in taking and adapting existing success to benefit your platform; see analogue sticks, achievements, disk drives, etc.

FranXico

It looks very inspired by Android, to be sure.
Quite an improvement as far as looks are concerned, but the proof is in the pudding.

Will it load faster?

Top Bottom