• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show God of War 3 at E3

Xater

tha_con said:
Sony actually has a pretty good E3 this year, now that I think about it...

They'll have KZ2 Playable, R2 playable, LittleBigPlanet, Socom: Confrontation, Wipeout HD (lol, this should be out already...maybe they're saving it for E3!? OMG).

Top it off with a good God of War 3 announcement...they've done halfway decent for themselves.

And maybe some more Infamous? I hope so...

tha_con said:
Sony actually has a pretty good E3 this year, now that I think about it...

They'll have KZ2 Playable, R2 playable, LittleBigPlanet, Socom: Confrontation, Wipeout HD (lol, this should be out already...maybe they're saving it for E3!? OMG).

Top it off with a good God of War 3 announcement...they've done halfway decent for themselves.

Add:

TRICO
WKS
FFXIII

B-Rad Lascelle said:
You guys seem surprised.
I would have been shocked had Sony NOT shown God of War 3 at E3.
But hey, bring on the 20-page thread over nothing.
I actually feel the same way. I think this is something Sony needs to do in order to get people hyped about something of theirs given their financial situation. A sneak peak at the next GOW is the way to go. Any less would just be stupid.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Marconelly said:
Second worry is, the will make it 60FPS at any cost, and it will inevitably end up looking worse than
If they follow existing formula(relatively fixed camera paths) there's no chance of that.

Think about it - when GoW2 came out it would easily fit right in with any nexgen platform library with just a resolution bump. I'm sure you don't think all of that is down to some developer voodoo magic ;)

Dever

Banned
kaching said:
Do you really expect Trico to be unveiled at a non-Japanese event? Or any new footage of the other two, for that matter?

WKS footage, sure. Not sure about FFXIII, since there's that SE event happening soon anyways.

...if they show Trico i will go insane

But yeah, probably have to wait till TGS for that!

acm2000

Xater said:
I don#t think sony can do this stuff any more after their horrible CG E3.

even motorstorm 2 trailer was cg, they didnt learn, so dont see why sony or many other devs/publishers would learn

i hate teaser trailers, and i doubly hate cg trailers

rhino4evr

we ALL knew it was coming. The next question is when?

Also, if they show anything Ico 3 related I may loose it.

PS - My PS3 arrives today, currently checking my front door for the UPS man.

Xater

acm2000 said:
even motorstorm 2 trailer was cg, they didnt learn, so dont see why sony or many other devs/publishers would learn

i hate teaser trailers, and i doubly hate cg trailers

You are right I totally forgot about Motorstorm 2 now that we have seen it. Oh boy now I am worried :(

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Fafalada said:
If they follow existing formula(relatively fixed camera paths) there's no chance of that.

Think about it - when GoW2 came out it would easily fit right in with any nexgen platform library with just a resolution bump. I'm sure you don't think all of that is down to some developer voodoo magic ;)
That's a good point. Manual asset optimization like they can afford, must do wonders for the engine efficiency. Still, I don't think I've seen a suitably impressive game that runs at 60FPS, has real HDR and some kind of complex lighting and global shadowing, other than Super Stardust HD, which most people would say "doesn't count".

Can't wait.

I'm very curious to see the graphical style of the game.
I'm hoping they keep the stylized simple textures/flat shading of the PS2 games instead of throwing next-gen normal maps and shine onto everything.

High poly counts with insane scale and draw distances would make me very happy.

Arsenic

Im not so excited. Sony showed too many games far ahead of their release dates. Excitement rises, then drops as a delay is announced again and again. i mean:

Killzone, Socom, LBP, Home, Wipeout HD, Infamous....all of these were shown last year (gameplay) and they all still, have no release date (except Socom, but wtf)

I expect Sony to fuck this up too, therefore, im not setting myself up to be excited.

Marconelly said:
That's a good point. Manual asset optimization like they can afford, must do wonders for the engine efficiency. Still, I don't think I've seen a suitably impressive game that runs at 60FPS, has real HDR and some kind of complex lighting and global shadowing, other than Super Stardust HD, which most people would say "doesn't count".

GT5P?

slider

Fantastical said:
I have a feeling this E3 is going to be A LOT better than last E3 for everybody.

And smaller, bigger or whatever, it'll be the same shitstorm on the internet. Can't wait.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
BobTheFork said:
I've never heard anyone say that, so can I just call YOU an idiot?

Somebody said it in the Controversial opinions thread in OT.

Also GAF has IRC?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
2010 released confirmed? Granted I love When Sony showcases a game (CGI) but I sure hope it does not take 2 more E3's for it to be released like all the other E3 showcases...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
HOORAY.

I hope they improved the formula. I love God of War but another retread of the first game is getting long in the tooth. Albeit its a very badass and awesome tooth.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
captscience said:
I think (but I'm not sure) that GT5P is using some cut-down (probably shader based) HDR method in it's 60FPS redering mode. You can definitely see that in the 30FPS mode HDR looks different when you play the replay, and put the camera in that view above the car. It looks somehow more 'meaty' for the lack of better word.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Marconelly said:
I think (but I'm not sure) that GT5P is using some cut-down (probably shader based) HDR method in it's 60FPS redering mode. You can definitely see that in the 30FPS mode HDR looks different when you play the replay, and put the camera in that view above the car. It looks somehow more 'meaty' for the lack of better word.
What does DMC4 use?

slider

Cruzader said:
Um, a channel was made for GAFfers last year to chat about the E3 showing so i was wondering if it will be set up again.

Being of the old skool (but not old skool enough for IRC) I don't think E3's the same unless I experience a couple of 404s trying to post my gibbering impression of some game.

Tr4nce

Can't wait to see how GOW and Kratos look in delicous next-gen style. On the other hand, I'm not expecting too much of the graphics though. I think they will be slightly better than HS, which is good enough.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Cruzader said:
Um, a channel was made for GAFfers last year to chat about the E3 showing so i was wondering if it will be set up again.

I wasn't here last E3, but sounds like a good idea.

Arsenic said:
Killzone, Socom, LBP, Home, Wipeout HD, Infamous....all of these were shown last year (gameplay) and they all still, have no release date (except Socom, but wtf)

I expect Sony to fuck this up too, therefore, im not setting myself up to be excited.

LBP is scheduled for October isn't it? I thought Killzone has a release as well, it was just pushed back until early 09'.

This is sweet. If they show GOW3, FFXIII, WKC and a heavy dose of KZ2, I'll be stoked. I'm not even mentioning games like RFOM2 and Motorstorm 2.

Plus, there should be some unannounced stuff. Who know's maybe a Drakes 2 teaser or something as well.

Top Bottom