• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Out April 30th in North America: Box Art, Pre-order Extras Revealed

Cyberia

Since it was announced for North America, and as new assets and details are rolled out to eager fans worldwide, excitement for Soul Sacrifice has only increased. No other title for PlayStation Vita combines the same frantic real-time combat, thrilling sense of scale, smartly interwoven cooperative multiplayer, or meaningful character customization… Not to mention the contributions of legends of gaming like designer Keiji Inafune or composer Yasunori Mitsuda and Wataru Hokoyama.

For weeks, fans have asked for more info about the game’s North American release, wanting a final date and box art, and details about possible pre-order extras. Finally, those questions can be answered!

Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network on April 30th, 2013. As for the box art, it is essentially the same as that which Japanese fans will proudly display on their shelves (or pedestals, if you’re a pedestal kind of person):

8425745460_36ba29e418_z.jpg

There’s more! Do you prefer to play with Japanese audio tracks whenever possible? You might want to pre-order…

Reserve Soul Sacrifice and, in addition to the in-game costume & item bundle, you’ll also receive the Japanese voice-over pack for free. This pack will be sold separately, but the only way to get it right at launch for no added cost is to pre-order!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...april-30th-box-art-pre-order-extras-revealed/

Europe:

Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network across Europe on 1st May 2013! We’re not quite ready to reveal our final box art just yet, but rest assured that the studio is working on something really epic that we look forward to sharing with you very soon!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/29/soul-sacrifice-release-date-and-pre-order-extras-revealed/

kiyomi

Kinda shitty move to hide the Japanese audio as a preorder bonus. Not that I'd imagine myself playing it in Japanese, but an odd move nevertheless.

Costumes and spells don't really seem like great incentive either given how much we've seen of both in the demo. It's not like there's a shortage.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
There’s more! Do you prefer to play with Japanese audio tracks whenever possible? You might want to pre-order…

Reserve Soul Sacrifice and, in addition to the in-game costume & item bundle, you’ll also receive the Japanese voice-over pack for free. This pack will be sold separately, but the only way to get it right at launch for no added cost is to pre-order!
This is getting out of hand.

creid

Kind of interesting that they're selling the Japanese voice track separately. It's certainly a novel way to deal with the problem of the (sometimes?) high cost of licensing the Japanese voice work, as well as track how many players actually care much about the original voices.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kinda shitty move to hide the Japanese audio as a preorder bonus. Not that I'd imagine myself playing it in Japanese, but an odd move nevertheless.

Costumes and spells don't really seem like great incentive either given how much we've seen of both in the demo. It's not like there's a shortage.

Agreed but its nice that it has the JP audio in the first place.

Can't wait for this game. Box art is so nice too.

jwk94

As much as I hate the Japanese tracks being a pre-order bonus, it is better than not getting them at all.

Top Bottom