• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Out April 30th in North America: Box Art, Pre-order Extras Revealed

Number45

So do we have a hint of the UK PSN price? Will get it digitally at £30, might at £35 and will wait/buy physical at £40.

Can you pre-order the digital ver?
Should be able to in the EU at least, they've been great with digital pre-orders (at least for PS3 games). Expect to potentially play this a lot so digital version preferred.

Ryuukan

Because it only free if you pre-order and even then it's still a rip off when other publisher don't offer Japanese audio track as a pre-order incentive but rather have it as part of the game option.

This is a lazy cheap attempt to get people to pre-order the game.

Because it only free if you pre-order and even then it's still a rip off

free pre-order rip off

choice of mindblown gif here

TizioVerde

Neo Member
Charging for the original VO it's kinda bad but it's A LOT better than not having an option at all(so many games skipped fot that reason).

Btw it's D1 for me, the demo was too good to pass.

If I'm not mistaken there are many reason we don't get JP audio.

Licensing, media space and bandwidth cost if the published wants to do the download. 2 of them cost money to the published. Some decide to eat the costs.

Very interested, but I don't really know what to think of the Japanese track being sold separately.
It's good that we have the option and there was probably no way that we could have gotten it otherwise.
I'll wait to see the pricing, hoping it doesn't get priced at an absurd amount like €15...

I still don't have a Vita so preordering for me is out of the question.

As someone who always ALWAYS opts for the original dub in a Japanese game (given the choice of course), this Japanese-voicetrack-as-paid-content tactic is total bullshit. Its soured for me what is otherwise an excellent announcement.

I need this game in my... life... :V

As far as the visual are concerned I think the game looks good in motion and seems to maintain a fairly stable framerate. I am rather sensitive to framerate fluctuations so whatever visual hits the game had to take to allow for this performance level are fine by me.

Pretty screenshots are nice to have, but are certainly far from the top of my list of wants from a game.

Try as I might, I can't get excited for this game. Maybe the demo will change my mind but I doubt it.

They really want those Monster Hunter sales don't they?

Of course, but they are not gonna get it. Actually if they get 1/10 of MH sales WW and 1/20 of MH sales in JP then that should be considered a huge success.

Maedhros

Try as I might, I can't get excited for this game. Maybe the demo will change my mind but I doubt it.

Of course, but they are not gonna get it. Actually if they get 1/10 of MH sales WW and 1/20 of MH sales in JP then that should be considered a huge success.

If you don't like Action-Hunting games, there's a good chance you won't like this.

People looking for faster pacing than Boring Hunter (this is my oppinion) will like this. The ammount of customization seems on par with MH too.

VanWinkle

Given that is not always an option I appreciate that at least they went to the trouble to license it. Non-issue since i will pre-order.

Because I'm a weaboo like that.

Because I want to hear the game as the director originally conceived.

I am the same with everything. Anime/Films/Whatever.

Personal preferences.

So you guys would rather not know what's going on in the game? Unless you speak Japanese, in which case, carry on.

Edit: well, I guess you guys would be using subtitles.

Ridley327

Japanese VAs as a pre-order bonus? I said "wow."

It is somewhat fitting that Sony would do this, given their strange policies towards languages in their games.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Japanese VAs as a pre-order bonus? I said "wow."

It is somewhat fitting that Sony would do this, given their strange policies towards languages in their games.

To be fair here,during the early PS3 years they used to put dual tracks left and right in their published games (was most likely to show off how good the blu-ray size is..but still).

Zoe

To be fair here,during the early PS3 years they used to put dual tracks left and right in their published games (was most likely to show off how good the blu-ray size is..but still).

But there were also devs who were like, "oh, you foreigners wanted the option? lolololol"

Salaadin

Anyone familiar with Japan enough to know how the buzz for this game is over there? Im hoping it sells nicely and pushes some systems.

Jawmuncher

Still waiting on the US demo before I decide anything. I know it's similar to MH which I'm not the biggest fan of, but perhaps this'll change my mind.

Does this have any sort of story/end game?
I recall God Eater does right?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dammit, Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut is coming out the same day too.

April is gonna be awesome: Soul Hackers, Deadly Premonition, and Soul Sacrifice.

Zoe

Anyone familiar with Japan enough to know how the buzz for this game is over there? Im hoping it sells nicely and pushes some systems.

Well they do have Kyary on board.

NRezrbqm.jpg

Number45

I know it's similar to MH which I'm not the biggest fan of, but perhaps this'll change my mind. =
Does it actually play like MH? I didn't think it did. Didn't play the JP demo but I might actually try the EU one if/when it comes out (I don't often bother with them).

Top Bottom