• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park - Season 18 - Begins September 24th @ 10PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought that was a pretty mediocre episode. Last week's was definitely better, in my opinion. I did like the continuity from last week and also the dicks flying off was hilarious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good episode but I dont remember butters burning down the gyn last week at all?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sweet, new episodes :D. Thank fuck Southparkstudios.se (The amazing swedish mirror for Southpark studios) has the latest eps.

Ogni-XR21

I liked the first episode far better. This one was good but I found the last one to be much funnier (I'm not from the US and still got all the NFL stuff).

I also hope they keep the continuity going. Maybe next week it will be a Butter's episode of him trying to get back to school.

It wasn't a laugh out loud episode but we have to give the show credit where it's due people: they did an episode on a topic that will relatively be relevant for years to come. That's been an issue with lots of recent episodes where they focus on a specific technology or social fad that is very much for our generation. Kickstarter for example.

The continuity aspect of it was hilarious I'm glad they kept that up and hope they continue to do so. Considering they write the episode like the week before it's due I wouldn't be surprised if they read reactions and figure out what to do from there.

You know an aspect I really liked of the episode that I haven't seen mentioned much? Stan and Wendy's relationship. I mean first we had them extremely childish, then they broke up, then they got back together when both had matured quite a bit (even though they're technically only a year older lol). And when they broke up in this episode because Stan was being a dick, I'm glad that they got back together when Wendy accepted that Stan isn't perfect and was willing to take him back, faults and all. Most of the episodes they're together it's fairly superficial so it's nice to see episodes like these.

Complistic

Ive got a feeling butters burning down the gym is something they put in there for next week. It was too odd and nothing followed up on it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I wonder if this season is going to be one continuous arc.
It's definitely one way to keep the show fresh.

Ive got a feeling butters burning down the gym is something they put in there for next week. It was too odd and nothing followed up on it.

I hope something comes of it as well. Not having Butters come back to school for a couple of episodes would make sense. Then again they could always start the episode with butters in school and somebody saying "I can't believe they let you back in"

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
the first episode was funny but just seemed sort of weird to me.

second episode is classic south park. amazing episode.

also, yeah, the little bit of continuity in the beginning was odd. i wonder if they're gonna keep doing that, like with the gym being burned down.... we didn't even see Butters at all this episode

kirblar

Yeah, it's the new fad for people who don't have a legitimate medical reason to avoid it, hell a lot of them don't even know what gluten is.
The FODMAPS diet issues are what's likely going for most people- there are a lot of other things in wheat-based products that can give people issues. I felt enormously better on a gluten-free diet after trying it out years back, was a massive life improvement (massive drop in appetite/anxiety, able to go back and finish school), but it's looking incredibly likely that the "F" (Fructose) was actually (half) of what was causing me issues. Good NPR article on it here- Daily Mail also had a good writeup, believe it or not. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/05/22/314287321/sensitive-to-gluten-a-carb-in-wheat-may-be-the-real-culprit

The FODMAPS diet issues are what's likely going for most people- there are a lot of other things in wheat-based products that can give people issues. I felt enormously better on a gluten-free diet after trying it out years back, was a massive life improvement (massive drop in appetite/anxiety, able to go back and finish school), but it's looking incredibly likely that the "F" (Fructose) was actually (half) of what was causing me issues. Good NPR article on it here- Daily Mail also had a good writeup, believe it or not. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/05/22/314287321/sensitive-to-gluten-a-carb-in-wheat-may-be-the-real-culprit

Or people eat too much carbohydrates, combined with the fact that eating gluten-free forces you to avoid things that obviously make you feel terrible, like fried food, fast food, order-out pizza, etc.

Randy as Lorde lol

By6JAaiIMAAgbbM.jpg:large

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Well that was damn good.
"Dripping in bitches."

Also quite surprised Garrison wasn't the one to start all gluten free.

Scott Malkinson is one of the funniest characters still.
Holy fuck at that dude's dick flying off.

Rich!

Funniest part by far was mackey's completely nonchalant expression of "oh look, his dick is flying off" as everyone panics around him

Does that Lorde Track they play at the end actually exist? I need to have it, it sounds sooo good.
I know it's not the original Team Song from Lorde

btw. I never heard of Lorde before watching this episode

kogvvGM.jpg

Episode 1803 “The Cissy” Press Release

Cartman calls Stan a Sissy on an all-new episode of “South Park” Wednesday, October 8 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on Comedy Central

NEW YORK, October 6, 2014 – The state of one’s gender is in question on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “The Cissy,” premiering Wednesday, October 8 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Stan is searching for answers about how a person who he’s always known to be one thing could suddenly identify with another. In the meantime, the pressure of holding on to a giant secret is starting to get to Randy.

http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2014/10/06/episode-1803-the-cissy-press-release

Sounds kind of vague but this is the first time this season they're going with a "standard" episode that doesn't take its inspiration from the news.

Could be awesome! Loved the last two episodes so excited for it as usual.

The preview clip is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2Bm47a7dU

Sounds kind of vague but this is the first time this season they're going with a "standard" episode that doesn't take its inspiration from the news.

Given it's "Cissy" and not "Sissy", it's clearly going into gender identity stuff. Could easily be topical if it ventures into Tumblr and references like that.

If Randy's secret is that he's Lorde, then that'd be the third episode they kept it topical.

Initially upon reading about Randy's secret I thought that they might be following up on You're Getting Old and maybe give him and Sharon some plot development but thinking about it now the more likely scenario would it being something tied to the theme of the episode. Given what Cartman says to Stan in the preview clip about Wendy it might be something along the lines of Randy being gay temporarily when he was younger?

Something to that effect? Or they could go all out and he used to be a woman! Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be hilarious. Curious to find out what it is actually.

NomarTyme

Does that Lorde Track they play at the end actually exist? I need to have it, it sounds sooo good.
I know it's not the original Team Song from Lorde

btw. I never heard of Lorde before watching this episode

She was all over the radio station a few month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom