• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Hope they continue with the quality of Gods of the Arena. The last 6 episodes of season 1 were great, but Gods of the Arena was great from start to end.

So fucking hyped for this. I'll have to give GotA a rewatch within the next week to refresh Gannicus' character in my brain, so cool to see him in S2.
I recommend the crap out of this show to all my friends and they absolutely love the show now.

I wish new Spartacus was more jacked though. I guess I'll just gaze longingly at Crixus' nice body instead.

Locke_211

I found Episode 6 to be the first one I found phenomenally good. There's a couple of utterly fantasic plot maneouvers in the following episodes too. And while the dialog at the start is terrible, by the end of the series it's wonderful.

And the first season finale is my favourite first season finale ever.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I feel like a total asshole for this but as someone who LOVED the first season I don't think I can watch this season. Even if the replacement for Andy was great (he isn't in what I've seen) anytime I see him in the trailer I just get bummed out about his death.

Honestly I rather wish they had departed from the plan and made spartacus die off screen and make Crixus the leader. I know it would be fucked history wise but would be better imo.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I hope we see J. Hannah in Game of Thrones somewhere down the track....... but as who....

Would have loved him as little finger but I could see him appearing as Doran Martell if he grew the facial hair a little and maybe a little tanner. Super vague book spoilers follow, only putting in tags to avoid overreacting if I don't.
The seem weak/secretly plotting destruction of his enemies fits Hannah well imo

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I feel like a total asshole for this but as someone who LOVED the first season I don't think I can watch this season. Even if the replacement for Andy was great (he isn't in what I've seen) anytime I see him in the trailer I just get bummed out about his death.

Honestly I rather wish they had departed from the plan and made spartacus die off screen and make Crixus the leader. I know it would be fucked history wise but would be better imo.
That would be terrible.

The only real options were recast, or end the show entirely.

Not sure how I'm going to feel about watching this without Andy Whitfield and John Hannah. Still, I hope it'll be good, the other seasons have been excellent.

I cant help but think that, because Andy died, people consider him a much better actor than he really was. Did he do a good job? Sure, he absolutely did. But in the end he was Buff American Actor-Dude #1000 and he is being replaced by Buff American Actor-Bro #1001. I have full confidence that the producers made the right choice in the new guy, and they showed with GotA that they could also make a really cool show without Andy.

I consider the loss of John Hannah more dramatic, because he completely dominated every scene he was in.

I cant help but think that, because Andy died, people consider him a much better actor than he really was. Did he do a good job? Sure, he absolutely did. But in the end he was Buff American Actor-Dude #1000 and he is being replaced by Buff American Actor-Bro #1001. I have full confidence that the producers made the right choice in the new guy, and they showed with GotA that they could also make a really cool show without Andy.

I consider the loss of John Hannah more dramatic, because he completely dominated every scene he was in.

He wasn't american.

LuchaShaq

Banned

I agree that hannah is a better actor but generic buff guy #7 won't sell the fights nearly as well, or have the same chemistry andy/crixus/onnomeaus had together.

jett

D-Member

I disagree with your notion of Andy Whitfield. The guy was great and brought a certain depth to a character and show that didn't really ask for it. Not to mention the magnificent chemistry he had with his fellow Spartacus actors. He just seemed really comfortable in the role.

One, he wasn't American.

Two, it's going to be very hard to get the same chemistry between characters that made the exchanges so much better between Andy and co.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I watched the first episode of season 1 and thought this show was shit. Couldn't stand Andy, stupid SFX, etc.. Then it came up on Netflix and I was bored. Can't fucking wait for this new season! Will be hard without Andy :(

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I watched the first episode of season 1 and thought this show was shit. Couldn't stand Andy, stupid SFX, etc.. Then it came up on Netflix and I was bored. Can't fucking wait for this new season! Will be hard without Andy :(

It's good to be one of the converted. It's like some religion where the unbelievers are like

"This is bullshit I've seen what your god can do and I'm not impressed"

Then you get to smile a smug smile and shoot lightning bolts out of your fingers and roar

"COWER BEFORE THE MEN WHO WATCHED UP TO EPISODE FOUR!!!"

And then you realise its just a keyboard with led's in the keys.

Would have loved him as little finger but I could see him appearing as Doran Martell if he grew the facial hair a little and maybe a little tanner. Super vague book spoilers follow, only putting in tags to avoid overreacting if I don't.
The seem weak/secretly plotting destruction of his enemies fits Hannah well imo

Yeah there's still a lot of possibilities, fingers crossed. The guy who's playing Little Finger now though will be great though so it's ok.

ciD_Vain

Neither of them are American and there's chemistry that has been built.

Ashhong

Woo baby, just finished Gods of the Arena. Really liked how they handled the transition to Blood & Sand, though I wish they showed Andy's face just one last time.

Really looking forward to Vengeance though!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Actually, if we're being nitpicky... it should just read: "...spread cheeks"

Neither "thy" nor "the".

I just finished watching the prequel. That was pretty damn good.

Really gonna miss Andy, watching the trailer for Vengeance, it really wont be the same without him. Glad Gannacus is back though.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
and so it begins.
may the man with the biggest cock win.

JdFoX187

Banned
Apparently Liam McIntyre pulled a Christian Bale with this role. He said he was doing a film where he was insanely skinny, and when he got picked for the role of Spartacus, he put on about 45 pounds of muscle in an extremely short period of time. The things these actors go through is crazy.

RPGCrazied

Another show I like. Still could tone the sex down, the problem I have with Game of Thrones. Sucks that Andy died. R.I.P. So I dunno how that will affect the show with a new guy playing the main role.

iiayMKfpeAqqk.gif

still get chills. Every. Time.
Verbally yelled first time I saw that scene. Jupiter's cock, I was fired up!

JdFoX187

Banned
We can thank Bruce Campbell for Lucy Lawless being in this show. Apparently she was going to quit, and he convinced her to come back and do her guest starring role on Burn Notice that's why she stuck around in acting.

why in the shitballs isn't Gods of the Arena on NETFLIX anymore?

I got 4 episodes in a few months ago, didn't get a chance to finish, and now it's gone... unless I'm missing something. :/

Maybe it's on-demand on Comcast???

By Jupiters cock i am hyped

I only realised the other day when rewatching 300 that Oenomaus 'Doctore' (Peter Mensah) was the Persian messengers that Leonidas kicked down the "well"

sturmdogg

Another show I like. Still could tone the sex down, the problem I have with Game of Thrones. Sucks that Andy died. R.I.P. So I dunno how that will affect the show with a new guy playing the main role.

ummm....no

Yeah, can't watch it while the kids are awake. Daughter: "Daddy, what are they doing?" Me: "uhhhh...don't you have something to do in the other room?" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom