• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man E3 2017 Gameplay - PS4 - 2018

Gaf amusing as always. This was freaking incredible. Those crying about qte can kick rocks, I loved the cinematic set pieces for which was I think an obvious story mission.

Kyolux

Neat, watching now.

Based off of what was said in the stream, it seems unlikely. Talked a bit about how the man in the suit was important.

Also, running on ps4 pro.

Heard that too. But that might just be him throwing us off. I mean, they definitely didn't have Lee grab Spidey and not lead to something with this. It's Lee's power. He touches you and inverts your personality.

Loudninja

I was serious and I think we just completely disagree. "More going on" doesn't impress me when I'm not in the action.

Different strokes.

Its safe to say that all game showings will be on the most powerful hardware acceptable for the venue.
God of war was on a regular PS4.

jaaz

Is it me or is the game being down-sampled/super-sampled on the Pro? It looks so clean that it has that look.

JOKERACN7

Ppl are actually thinking Spiderman is as good as Batman Arkham series in terms of combat and stealth, but it didn't impress me, I mean that combat and stealth just were shown by Spiderman are absolutely subpar in comparison to Batman Arkham series, one is fast, fluid and punchy, the other seems to be slow and mediocre, one requires tactics and strategy, the other not so much.

I'm gonna remind you of what a Batman Arkham combat looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEklJnD1gXA
Granted, we haven't played Spiderman yet but based on what we just saw, I don't think it can rival Batman Arkham series, neither in Combat nor in Stealth.

silva1991

It looked good, but obviously mostly scripted sequence. I want to see more of the open world and non scripted stuff. Especially the swinging.

quickwhips

I'm excited for the game but I hate that costume so much. Also the combat looks kinda slow. I liked the dodge mechanic though.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Good on them, and good for the PS4.
Yup, pretty impressive. Good news for regular PS4 owners such as myself. I wouldn't have really cared if it was running on Pro, though. I already know I'm not going to be playing the best looking version.

PK Gaming

DCKpyfRV0AAEnO5.jpg

I'll say this again: this game looks much better than anything else I've seen this gen. It almost looks next gen to me. Absolutely incredible, good job Insomniac.

Menaged

Felt a bit underwhelmed watching it for the first time, but I just watched it again and felt much better.

I do need to see more gameplay though - moment to moment stuff, but I guess I'll have to wait for a later showing :/

arigato

Gameplay looked good aside from the QTEs. Very optimistic for this game and I am glad to know this will be getting released next year as 2017 is already stacked with highly anticipated releases.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh man how do i say this in english...

at 7:26 look at the suit, you can see it's not just sticking to his body, the clothes actually move because of the helicopter wind.

2017-06-1305_51_06-sp1os01.png

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Why are people being so down on the QTE's? It's a presentation so of course these things are going to be heavily scripted and demonstrated in a "closed environment". The QTE's are fine for the situation Spiderman found himself in. For any detractors, how else would you hope to have the player disable and safely stop the helicopter if total control were in player's hands? It's unrealistic to hope to see that here...

Top Bottom