• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshHood

I know we're tempering expectations and all, but the way the quote talks about the announcements being like a movie "no-one knows about" showing up at the Oscars does seem to suggest that these are completely unannounced, not just things we have titles (like the AC3 content) for.

Fighters Of Capcom (For the old school hint Geoff was giving)

But he also said its something "very special to (him) personally." I don't think he gives a shit about Capcom fighting games.

Geoff has said his favorite games ever (the ones that got him into gaming) are Monkey Island 2 and Day of the Tentacle...

I know we're tempering expectations and all, but the way the quote talks about the announcements being like a movie "no-one knows about" showing up at the Oscars does seem to suggest that these are completely unannounced, not just things we have titles (like the AC3 content) for.

We can probably think of it as 4 though, one will (probably) be Destiny. Wish that one hadn't leaked. Hope you're right though.

ChaosXVI

We can probably think of it as 4 though, one will (probably) be Destiny. Wish that one hadn't leaked. Hope you're right though.

Even still, all we've seen from it are a few screenshots and some story concepts, I would still consider it a pretty effective debut.

"five debut trailers" doesn't mean the same thing as five unannounced games. It's probably five trailers that haven't been seen before. I feel like we've been swerved with this kind of hypespeak before, but can't remember a specific time. Could be VGA-related.

This may have been said already, I haven't read every post

Even still, all we've seen from it are a few screenshots and some story concepts, I would still consider it a pretty effective debut.

Oh. for sure, I'm dying to see it, and see exactly what it is. Don't get me wrong. Just, from what we even already know, it would have been great coming from not even knowing what Destiny is to see a trailer.

ChaosXVI

The strong marketing push with Xbox Live tells me Microsoft will benefit greatly from these reveals, the secretive ones anyway.

Well I imagine most, if not all of the big reveals are multiplats for PS360, and Microsoft is all around just better at making Xbox seem like the console for AAA games like that, despite them being multiplat, CoD being a prime example.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"five debut trailers" doesn't mean the same thing as five unannounced games. It's probably five trailers that haven't been seen before. I feel like we've been swerved with this kind of hypespeak before, but can't remember a specific time. Could be VGA-related.

This may have been said already, I haven't read every post

"For hard-core gamers this is the first place you will ever see those new games," says the show's executive producer Mark Burnett. "Imagine if the Academy Awards was on and they announced five movies that no one has ever heard of. That is the equivalent. You will be on a rip-roaring, two-hour ride of television."

TriGen

"For hard-core gamers this is the first place you will ever see those new games," says the show's executive producer Mark Burnett. "Imagine if the Academy Awards was on and they announced five movies that no one has ever heard of. That is the equivalent. You will be on a rip-roaring, two-hour ride of television."

Yeah, he never said they were just new trailers, that was the writer's interpretation.

TheOddOne

tumblr_mco440pjOn1rva801.gif

Perkel

Banned

i lost it here:

Name: Geoff Keighley
Origin: Canada...
Style: Confrontational
Other: Is from Canada

Special Moves: Interrupting during an interview
Taunts: Teasing trailers for trailers for DLC
Finisher: Dew Boarding
Transformation: Dorito Pope
Likes: Wasting time providing reasonable explanations to morons and assholes

and again here

Name: EviLore
Origin: Neogaf
Style: Satiric
Other: Makes Money

Special Moves: Thread Stickies
Taunts: "Don't like it, GTFO"
Finisher: The Dyack
Transformation: EviLore

BD1

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo will show anything? They typically have not been a big part of the VGAs, but they did debut Wonderful 101 on Spike's E3 show.

"Imagine if the Academy Awards was on and they announced five movies that no one has ever heard of."

I know I'm not supposed to think about this statement too much but the way movies work, yeah, it'd be pretty fucking surprising if this happened. :lol

Looks like I could be wrong then. I hope I'm wrong! I'd like some exciting new games.

How many hours until it starts?

Also, is it fair to expect some mobile game announcements? I'm kinda expecting some Windows Mobile 8 games announced for Surface and WP8 phones, something like Gears of Wars Portable or something. Have they ever announced mobile games at the VGAs?

Anyone?

Cartman86

Banned
We got an Avengers movie written and directed by Joss Whedon, LOTR trilogy, Xmen films that will have time travel and past actors, and new Star Wars films. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Time for video games to get in on the crazy.

SykoTech

Boy am I out of it. Totally forgot this was tonight.

Should be good. Even if it's bad, the reactions will make it good. So, pretty much E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom