• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 properly unannounced games? hmm.

Is this one of them or doesn't it count?
“Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington” (Ubisoft),

Gorillaz

It's been nearly 2 years,if it's a PS3 title they will.
It would most likely be a next gen game. Tho it would be crazy if they teased it tonight.

mw4
Angry birds 2
massefect 4
diablo3 for consoles
Final Fantasy versus XIII-3

Where they serious about the diablo 3 for console talk? I remember hearing about it but I thought it was just them talking about possibilities.

Half Life 3.
Drops February 26th

No Valve, Rockstar or Nintendo.
pSczs.png

KlotePino

Looking at all these predictions I'm just amazed at how hype works. Does anyone here seriously think this'll be bigger than E3 because looking at these predictions it sure seems like it. Let's tone it down a notch. Although I'm hyped to see even a glimpse of next-gen which is all I'm expecting tbh.

EDIT: There's also lots of companies that have enough hype and really don't need the VGA's, There's no way Blizzard would use something like the VGA's to announce a big game for them.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Please be Fallout 4 Please be Fallout 4 Please be Fallout 4 Please be Fallout 4 Please be Fallout 4..

Please please please.

TriGen

One thing that would really make me say wow would be another ND reveal.

With all the Nintendo Direct talk around here, I read ND as just that (I know you're saying Naughty Dog). Now I can't stop laughing at the thought of Nintendo trolling with a Nintendo Direct announcement.

RPGamer92

Banned
Looking at all these predictions I'm just amazed at how hype works. Does anyone here seriously think this'll be bigger than E3 because looking at these predictions it sure seems like it. Let's tone it down a notch. Although I'm hyped to see even a glimpse of next-gen which is all I'm expecting tbh.

For the last couple of years, there have been more big games announced at VGAs than at E3.

Dipswitch

I can't believe I'm getting hyped into watching this again. I actually thought it might have been ok last year with Zach Levi hosting, but it was a debacle as always.

This year I'm gonna DVR it and skip past all the embarrassing bits. The rest should only take about 10 minutes to watch.

Sid

E3 was garbage,this can easily top it.

don't you go starting with that Half Life 3 talk.

If there's really glimpses of next gen then there will be first party stuffs. Sony doesn't even have any Christmas titles to ruin sales of so they might as well go for it.

No Valve, Rockstar or Nintendo.
pSczs.png

Ah, yea, I saw man, just a joke. Half Life 3 ever being announced the joke part :p at least they're letting us down early, not fussed about Rockstar or Nintendo, but it's good to know no Valve announcement so I won't spend the whole thing hoping.

I wouldn't place an actual bet on it, but I don't think it's really that improbable. The audience is certainly right, and the time is right to at least tease a full reveal; going by past hardware reveal timetables, it's unlikely that MS will wait until E3 to show anything substantial if they're actually launching in 2013. (They sort of did that in '05, granted, but by that point, MS was already at least talking openly about plans for the "next Xbox," so it's far from a perfect counterexample.)
I think it's improbably because I am certain MS and Sony would rather have their own, very controlled event to show off something like that. So I think you're right they won't wait until E3, but this is too early and not the right venue.

Predictions and speculation are all in good fun though and it sure would be awesome if you were right.

TriGen

For the last couple of years, there have been more big games announced at VGAs than at E3.

I was about to say this. The VGAs have revealed more new games the last couple of years, at least it feels like it. E3 seems more 'app' based than the VGAs nowadays.

Tucah

you speak so well
Rocksteady's next Batman game
Fallout 4
SR4 or Turtle Rock's game? (yeah, yeah probably not with the situation THQ is in but it's fun to guess!)
A few new IPs

is my guess. I'm probably totally off though.

TriGen

Where does it say we are getting 5 unannounced games

Edit: Link ain't working.

This is what I was linking to.

And in addition to announcing awards such as Game of the Year – the nominees are Assassin's Creed III, Dishonored, Journey, Mass Effect 3, The Walking Dead: The Game – new trailers for already announced games such as The Last of Us will be shown, as will five debut trailers.
For hard-core gamers this is the first place you will ever see those new games," says the show's executive producer Mark Burnett. "Imagine if the Academy Awards was on and they announced five movies that no one has ever heard of. That is the equivalent. You will be on a rip-roaring, two-hour ride of television."

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Next Forza would be nice. I know Microsoft would be holding that for the big Durango reveal though.

That's probably going to be my "next gen moment" some kick ass new Forza.

Interfectum

Im pretty sure respawn is still in the very early stages of production. Heard talk they were possibly making their own engine. Im not expecting anything from them till 2014 tbh

Respawn is more of my shot in the dark (I replaced my crazy HL3 guess with it). I think it'll be Fallout 4 or possibly Blizzard's next game.

Raven77

5 Unnanounced new IP's???

Wow, PS4 / Xbox whatever confirmed. NO WAY 5 major new IP's are launching on old systems that are about to be replaced.

RPGamer92

Banned
Next Forza would be nice. I know Microsoft would be holding that for the big Durango reveal though.

That's probably going to be my "next gen moment" some kick ass new Forza.
A Forza reveal tonight would practically be for 360 and almost none would get excited for it unless it really was a next gen tease.

Beckx

I just realized: Ono hasn't been trolling us lately.

Dear god.

It actually might really be the time for Darkstalkers 4, then.

Elginer

Dream reveals are Destiny and Alan Wake 2 for me personally. I hope I at least get Destiny. I know an Alan Wake 2 is a fucking pie in the sky dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom