• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven77

Originally Posted by Raven77: View Post
Here is my predicktion, MARK IT AS SCRIPTURE:

Microsoft will announce two versions of their "next" system (not necessarily tonight at the VGA's).

Version 1 - Called: Xbox 8 - Aimed at the casual and digital download market. Focus on apps, Xbox live market place, and has a graphics capability on par or maybe a touch better architecture than the current 360. about the size of a Wii. Kinect 2.0 bundled.

Version 2 - Called: Xbox Infinity - Aimed at the true gamer market. High end DX 11 graphics, large hard drive, focus is on games with some apps as well. Kinect 2.0 sold separately or maybe bundled. Tradicktional controller but possibly modified to allow for Kinect 2.0 interactions.

bold predictions. I can't help but wonder though, will microsoft push for cutting edge hardware? they know the market won't take well to a overpriced console and they want to keep the momentum from the 360 going, will they do a sony and go cutting edge with a price point to match or will they have a respectable upgrade to the 360 with a more market friendly price point.

basically, will next gen end up lagging behind pc gaming as it has this generation.

You are exactly right...except your leaving out one key component. The hardware in the PS3 WAS mostly cutting edge and new (cell processor and blu ray drive).

Right now, you could put in hardware from last year, not cutting edge, and it would still be INCREDIBLY powerful and cost effective.

That is the key difference between now and then.

Ricker

I whish they would of kept Chuck for this year as well although I still see he does some work for Spike and the VGA...Samuel Jackson is not really a gamer is he? ...still debating on where to watch this...if I watch on the XBox,I will need to browse the GAF thread on the Vita,since my XBox and PC are HDMI through my Audio/Video receiver...Spike on the PC and a second Chrome window to refresh GAF would be ideal...it will probably look better on the 360 though...damn lol,what to do :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It'll blow me away, huh. Well I will say that Naughty Dog/Last of Us was really surprising out of last year's show so I'll give them that.

Pooya

more
Dan Maher ‏@MrPointyHead

@wyp100 At the VGAs?

Wesley Yin-Poole ‏@wyp100
@MrPointyHead yep.

Dan Maher ‏@MrPointyHead

@wyp100 I'm guessing Rockstar, Valve or Nintendo to warrant that sort of response. Warm?

Wesley Yin-Poole ‏@wyp100
@MrPointyHead no no and no.

ironcreed

Banned
As much as I loved the game, I'm very skeptical about the direction that the ending tease presented. Of course, there's always room in the tummy for some crow.

Ha, it all boils down to taste, be it crow or turkey. For me? I am hoping for turkey, but bird is pretty damn good eating, regardless. I just hope that they give us a decent showing, but would not be surprised if it is just some lame tease.

Pachimari

I'm so gonna watch this on my Mac Mini connected to the big screen while interacting with GAF on iPad Mini. I am excited!

Ha, it all boils down to taste, be it crow or turkey. For me? I am hoping for turkey, but bird is pretty damn good eating, regardless. I just hope that they give us a decent showing, but would not be surprised if it is just some lame tease.

Well after the first game they have my trust. It wasn't perfect but most of my problems were on the technical end of things. I loved the direction it took, I liked the story, loved the gameplay, loved the art direction, and thought it had one of the best game soundtracks ever.

Really if they just keep those things up to snuff and polish things a bit more on the technical end I don't see how LOS2 wouldn't be my GOTY.

Sheroking

Eh... VGA's have actually had pretty interesting reveals the last few years. So I'm not surprised or expecting to be disappointed.

RPGamer92

Banned
I'd also be blown away by new footage/trailer for Ground Zeroes. Though Kojima hasn't tweeted about going to the VGAs this year huh?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think it could be Destiny. This is what they said when that picture was leaked.

"Go ahead. Take a peek. It’s alright. We weren't quite ready, but we will be soon, and we can’t wait to finally show you what we've really been up to."

Beckx

Reading Hideo Kojima's twitter feed, it looks like Revengeance might be at the VGA's.

Well, Kojima and Inaba are both in LA right now, I believe (at least they were a couple of days ago).

Really, though, I don't need to see more MGR, I'm already locked & loaded for that. Since Nintendo has apparently forgotten their Platinum titles exist, I'm hoping to get more on TW101 and Bayo2. Seeing MGR last year made the whole thing worth watching.*

*Hyperbole.

TriGen

I'm assuming it's Destiny given that the site always seemed pretty up on Bungie.

I thought that too, but he makes it sound like he just heard about the game -- and he hasn't actually seen it. I could see Bungie putting together an amazing teaser that would make someone say "wow", but he would already of known about that game, so just "catching wind" of it might not illicit that response.

I see Destiny being there for sure, but I bet they got something else surprising as well. Maybe that old-school thing? A gamer hearing about something old being revived could fit.

Pranay

I personally think it wont be destiny. He wouldnt have tweeted it imo and if it is a current gen game , he didnt get vowed by any next gen game ?

Czigga

What does Destiny have to do with old school reveal though? Or are we talking two separate reveals, one old-school and one generally awesome one?

Raven77

Lord I hope it isn't Destiny...

Not that I wouldn't be curious to see it but come on, give me something that hasn't been spoiled and is not a frigging sci-fi shooter.

Give me Half Life 3 (not really a sci-fi shooter, sorta, but not in the same vain of modern shooters)

Give me a new Zelda, a new 3D Mario, a new Metroid

Dabanton

Whatever it is, I hope it's for Wii U.
Having a little buyer's remorse :(

lol

Lord I hope it isn't Destiny...

Not that I wouldn't be curious to see it but come on, give me something that hasn't been spoiled and is not a frigging sci-fi shooter.

Give me Half Life 3 (not really a sci-fi shooter, sorta, but not in the same vain of modern shooters)

Give me a new Zelda, a new 3D Mario, a new Metroid

Well his already said it's not from Valve or Nintendo so put those thoughts away :p

Beckx

It will be fascinating to watch next-gen games that will be on unannounced yet platforms

Will the platforms will be unannounced by the end of the night, though?

Really, we need a fantasy pool for announcements at major shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom