• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LViRx.png

Still too early for Patrice's game right?

antitrop

I don't think so. Didn't the first sold poorly?
IIRC, Company of Heroes sold better than THQ anticipated and they had to re-adjust their profit reports accordingly.

From 2007: http://planetcoh.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=109585

"THQ has announced that they're boosting their Q3 profit reports. And one of the reasons they're doing so? Company of Heroes, of course!

Net sales for the second quarter increased 68% to $240.20 million from $142.69 million in the year-ago quarter, helped by robust sales of company-owned and internally developed new original properties 'Saints Row' and 'Company of Heroes', and continued sales of games based on Disney Pixar's Cars
Let's hope Company of Heroes continues to keep doing well!"

wwm0nkey

Rösti;45178219 said:
For Durango then, for I see little purpose in starting up something like that right now. And as Sega closed down the servers in 2010 they probably feel the same. But yeah, for Durango (as a launch title maybe) it'd be rad.
Does From even have the rights to it anymore? ACV tried but we need ChromeHounds 2....though that M.A.V game looks pretty good so far, just needs the polish.

inFamous 2 was fun but I want some big changes for a third game. Like, for example, actually having a game that recognises when I don't want to go on missions with shitty characters, and thus stops throwing them into my story.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
No Destiny? There goes my only reason to be excited about this event. I hope there's some cool surprises at least.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I didn't know this face
image.php

could love.

But yes. They need to do another inFAMOUS game. They were flawed but the traversal and fighting was so much fun.

I'm surprised that more devs haven't done standalone expansions like FoB. It sold incredibly well.
It sold well for PSN standards. But has anyone ever come forward and said what that means?

Corto

inFamous 2 was fun but I want some big changes for a third game. Like, for example, actually having a game that recognises when I don't want to go on missions with shitty characters, and thus stops throwing them into my story.

Considering inFAMOUS 2 a third game needs to have a big change indeed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
hehe I know! I was just saying that Company of Heroes a PC exclusive RTS is not a mainstream title. It's one of the best games ever, but sadly I seem to remember that he sold pretty poorly.

Sold poorly enough to warrant 2 expansion packs, a free to play MMO (cancelled) and now a full blown sequel.

Most games wish they sold that poorly.

Considering inFAMOUS 2 a third game needs to have a big change indeed.

Eh, maybe I'm reading into things too much but that good ending makes it pretty clear what's going to happen.
Cole will fucking return. Though I doubt you'll play as him. It'd be amazing if they did a game for each ending, but I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom