• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction unveiled/exposed

Doom_Bringer said:
high res scans or photos

173561977120070504155732.jpg

166840474420070504155732.jpg

188687222320070504155733.jpg

http://www.jeux-france.com/blog153473_Blakguy

yummy xD

Just now seeing this. WOW :)

The lighting looks fantastic. Sam looks like a hobo trying to kickstart a career in emo music. But then, character design was never one of the strengths of the series. I'm glad they're trying something totally different.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
buckfutter said:
The lighting looks fantastic. Sam looks like a hobo trying to kickstart a career in emo music. But then, character design was never one of the strengths of the series. I'm glad they're trying something totally different.

he looks like UFC's arlovski to me. hope hes at least got some of his moves

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
i don't really see what is amazing about those pics. Pretty normal looking game to me. Good, but nothing midblowing, at least from these grainy pics.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
camineet said:
OMFG at the lighting. even if it is pre-baked, static global illumination & radiosity.

It's not pre-baked since everything can be thrown around. Chairs, tables, push desks, throw printers, etc.

bobbytkc said:
i don't really see what is amazing about those pics. Pretty normal looking game to me. Good, but nothing midblowing, at least from these grainy pics.

It's the ambient occlusion. It really gives indoor scenes a very natural look. It's tough to tell how good it is in these screens, but Crysis uses an incredible ambient occlusion technique for indoor scenes that has to be seen to be believed. I predict (based on my limited amount of graphics knowledge) that ambient occlusion is going to be the next big "check mark" effect much like self-shadowing was last gen. By the end of the generation it should be pretty common I think.

For the example from Crysis I was referring to, take a look here. The ambient lighting section starts 30 seconds in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gsIzP9s_t0

szaromir

Banned
It's probably target render screenshots, not work in progress footage. They'll probably achieve that as Ubi Montreal is incredible studio.

It looks more like a shooter than a stealth game now. I hope it won't be a case.

szaromir said:
It's probably target render screenshots, not work in progress footage. They'll probably achieve that as Ubi Montreal is incredible studio.

It looks more like a shooter than a stealth game now. I hope it won't be a case.
I beleive the person translating said that the article said Ubi had the game running and the magazine got to see it.

szaromir

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
I beleive the person translating said that the article said Ubi had the game running and the magazine got to see it.
Then wow.
I also wonder if Sam's hair will be animated.

szaromir said:
Then wow.
I also wonder if Sam's hair will be animated.
I would think so, given that fanny packs(or whatever the spy equivalent is) and stuff he had in the previous games were, but the hair seems to be in the same position in each of those shots. Perhaps they simply haven't addressed that yet.

szaromir said:

it looks nothing like target render... its obviously ingame. It looks good, though at the level of quite alot of other nex gen games

peace

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
It does like much more like Hitman now, which I think is not really necessary. I mean we already have the Hitman serie, it's not leaving. Why not keep Splinter Cell the sneakgame it was before, but make it more varied like in the excellent Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Anyways, I am still very excited, but I don't know about the 'Hitman' direction it's going. Will have to judge after.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
szaromir said:

We'll know in 2 weeks since the game is supposed to be the main attraction at a Ubisoft event here in France.

Ryuuga

Banned
BlimBlim said:
We'll know in 2 weeks since the game is supposed to be the main attraction at a Ubisoft event here in France.

Will your team be there? Just wondering if there will be a story on it for the next GSD.:)

Blimblim said:

Ooooh know anything else coming from this event?:D

And I do think it looks very good, not played Splinter Cell since the first one but I am extremely impressed at the moment.

Kangu

Banned
Blimblim said:

I hope we get some videos and not Ubisofts patented bullshots. C'mon Ubi you always release real screenshots for Assassins Creed, why can't you do the same for your other games? It's not like they look like shit without your photoshoping skillz.

This splinter cell looks really badass. I love how they made it more 24 like by having Sam go rogue in public. The gameplay sounds really fun too.

FartOfWar said:
Lol, Master Chief sticks out like such a dumb design sore thumb in that line up.
:lol Its so true. He looks like a freaking Bionicle.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
GeneralIroh said:
This splinter cell looks really badass. I love how they made it more 24 like by having Sam go rogue in public. The gameplay sounds really fun too.

:lol Its so true. He looks like a freaking Bionicle.
Where is your sense of fashion in space marines? MC is the best dressed one!
revolverjgw said:
Objective truth
Must suck for MGS fans when Ubi had to teach Kojima how to do stealth games.

Salazar

Not having played a Splinter Cell game (should I ? which one ?), is there usually significant ammo rationing ?
Making a fuss over being able to lob stationery suggests clips are hard to come by, non ?

AltogetherAndrews said:
UbiSoft is talented in blurring that line. Let's not forget the early Splinter Cell DA shots, or the by now infamous Red Steel premiere.

No I was saying it hardly looks too good to be in game. Lighting is nice, but it doesn't look better than AC which has already been demoed...though I doubt the screens will do the game justice, as the emphasis seems to be on activity rather than just detail

peace

Maggot9

Banned
Salazar said:
Not having played a Splinter Cell game (should I ? which one ?), is there usually significant ammo rationing ?
Making a fuss over being able to lob stationery suggests clips are hard to come by, non ?

First one, I think it'll impress you the most. The lighting in the first game > the lighting in any other SC game. you will say WOW

bewarned though, true trial and error gameplay is to be found within

Pewp

Maggot9 said:
First one, I think it'll impress you the most. The lighting in the first game > the lighting in any other SC game. you will say WOW

bewarned though, true trial and error gameplay is to be found within

The wow factor for me were the curtain physics. I mean they acted like REAL curtains!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ryuuga said:
Will your team be there? Just wondering if there will be a story on it for the next GSD.:)
Yeah, we may do a GSD special just for this event. Every big Ubisoft game for 2007 will be there. Like a mini E3, only 20 km from where I live :)
The plan is to use my small HD hard drive camcorder for quick video content to put online right after the event, and the "good" HD camcorders for better quality stuff in GSD. We should also hopefully secure some nice interviews.

Blimblim said:
Yeah, we may do a GSD special just for this event. Every big Ubisoft game for 2007 will be there. Like a mini E3, only 20 km from where I live :)
The plan is to use my small HD hard drive camcorder for quick video content to put online right after the event, and the "good" HD camcorders for better quality stuff in GSD. We should also hopefully secure some nice interviews.

HAZE? Or are we talking internally developed titles only?

Hmmm, this time they are going for harrison ford ala Fugitive? He almost looks too normal...maybe they are taking the scruffy cue from MGS4...either way it seems the future of stealth games is being pioneered by a bum and an old man...sounds great

peace

Tieno

nelsonroyale said:
Hmmm, this time they are going for harrison ford ala Fugitive? He almost looks too normal...maybe they are taking the scruffy cue from MGS4...either way it seems the future of stealth games is being pioneered by a bum and an old man...sounds great

peace
Agree. Fugitive + Bourne + Ubisoft Montreal + exclusive = Win.
Love Sam's new look. Gives him more personality.

Orlics

nelsonroyale said:

peace

:lol yeah it's funny when you think about it.

Foster

I can't wait for this, so far i have loved every splinter cell and this one looks very different but in a very good way :D

Top Bottom