• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify app launches on PS3 & PS4, exclusive to PlayStation for "foreseeable future"

looks like you can change tracks and stuff via your phone or tablet.

kind of scared what streams are gonna be like now...are you going to be able to hear the music over twitch?

Probably not because the PS4 is streaming the game, not the game + background application. Plus, copyright issues.

Zareka

Not hit for me yet it seems. Music Unlimited is still there and tells me it's no longer available when I click on it.

I can't find it on PS4, but it did appear on my PS3's XMB and downloading now. I'm in Finland.

PS4 just says that Music Unlimited is not available and when I press OK on that screen, it tries to access the PSN Store, but the app isn't on the store yet... Sony pls.

So screw Bungie for not letting us have Audio sliders.

But glad this app has arrived.

mute_option.jpg

I wish I could just play whatever music service I want through the browser. I'm not going to pay for two music streaming services and Google offers a much better solution by letting me upload my own music that is missing from the service.

JP

Maybe the vagueness around the exclusivity thing will mean that PlayStation Music will end up being multi-platform as that seems to be the way that Sony is going at the moment.

DOWN

Banned
Maybe the vagueness around the exclusivity thing will mean that PlayStation Music will end up being multi-platform as that seems to be the way that Sony is going at the moment.

I think it has more to do with Sony grabbing some buzz while Microsoft decides how committed they are to their competing Xbox Music service and whether Spotify would be smart to make friends with.

Piccoro

On PS3, it should appear under the Music section on XMB. It's a forced icon, much like the Singstar one (god damn that icon).

Oh, so it won't appear on the webstore, just on the console itself...

And why don't they make a Vita app also? At least they could make the Spotify website compatible with the Vita's browser...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Game changer.

Do they have a free version?

yup i'm not a subscriber. just randomly picked a track from one of my desktop playlists with no issues. skipped forward and backward through the tracklist using the quick menu (holding down home button)

or even quicker through your phone or tablet

whoszed

I don't see it anywhere, Finland should be one of the launch markets.

Edit: Never mind, apparently I wasn't looking hard enough. Downloading on PS4

ZeroX03

Banned
Signed up to try it out but it doesn't have much of what I listen to. Then I realized I can use USB and it doesn't require HDCP on so I'll keep doing that instead.

Ogawa-san

Just downloaded it, US PSN through the PS4 store app.

And to make extra sure you won't have Spotify on Vita, native app or otherwise: it doesn't work through remote play.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn no Vita version? Kinda seems like a no brainer, would've been nice for grinding in Persona and doing some missions in Unit 13

ViciousDS

Banned
you don't even need premium to use this correct? If not I'll gladly sub because it will become my most used spotify device in the house

Tourmeta

Very cool but I'm a bit disappointed it wants to close the game (GTA5) if I want to enter the Spotify App to manually go to another song. The phone connect feature looks like it'll be slightly useful.

Grimløck;158085928 said:

One of these people owns only an Xbox One (post history gives it away). Dude sour grapes, this is great news for PS owners, in no way is it 'stupid'. This sort of annoys me if only because if the announcement was 'exclusive to Xbox for the foreseeable future', then it's entirely possible the reactions would be reversed. If you're not happy for yourself, be happy for the people out there that will benefit.

Top Bottom