• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify coming to PS3 and PS4; Music Unlimited shutting down.

Carn82

Since I never tried it with Music Unlimited, can you just play background music with any game? or does the game have to support it?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Why is it called "PlayStation Music" and not "Sony Music"? The latter would make more sense imo. Especially on phones and tablets.

Is this the beginning of PlayStation as a standalone brand?
They're leveraging the power of the brand, which they seem to have realized has more enduring potential than the company name. See also, Playstation TV coming soon.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Looks like I need to make a switch! Go suck on a fuck, Rhapsody!

Has anyone else had problems with the Rhapsody Android app? I hate that damn thing.

Cornbread78

No you won't, because Taylor Swift pulled all her music from Spotify.

Wow this is freaking awesome. I cannot wait. Now I will be able to play Destiny with Taylor Swift!

Thank God someone realized the joke...

OK, you can raid with me anytime, lol.

taylor-swift-shake-it-off.gif

Garibaldi

What do you have to search to find Bayonetta?

If you search Nobuo Uematsu, you can listen to Distant Worlds I & II, along with a few other albums. Pretty awesome.

I could have sworn I had a playlist someone set up. I can't find it now typically, but I don't suppose it would be too hard to create your own based on what tracks are available on there.

Or I'm talking crap and it's a playlist based on my local copy of the soundtrack which is why it isn't showing on my phone.

kaiyo

Sounds fishy.

Why not Spotify itself?
Will this only have a selection of Spotify's content?
Why is it called "PlayStation Music" and not "Sony Music"? The latter would make more sense imo. Especially on phones and tablets.

Because Sony Music is already subsidiary.

th

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I was JUST listening to a GTA Vice City playlist on Spotify yesterday and wondered if i would ever be able to add this playlist to GTA V.

Looks like its happening!

glaurung

I've been paying for Spotify for over half a year now. This is great news. Maybe the best news for PS4 music services yet?

And I am secretly glad that Music Unlimited is going the way of the dodo. That overpriced crap needed to die a long time ago.

Ape

Banned
Such great news! no one used Music Unlimited, except maybe a few super big sony fan boys lol.

Spotify is a great service. I'm on it and it is pretty good. Definitely a step up. Background streaming is a must but there's no reason to think it wont be there.

I'll look forward to using it when I get my PS4 later this year!

Oh, does anyone know if there's a free option? I don't pay for it.

How does spotify subscriptions work is it monthly, yearly or what? and what are the price points. Sorry for all the questions, I would check on my own but im at work.

Such great news! no one used Music Unlimited, except maybe a few super big sony fan boys lol.

Spotify is a great service. I'm on it and it is pretty good. Definitely a step up. Background streaming is a must but there's no reason to think it wont be there.

I'll look forward to using it when I get my PS4 later this year!

Oh, does anyone know if there's a free option? I don't pay for it.

Music Unlimited was super shit and quite heavy on the OS. It never worked as intended and once you start running it, good luck getting back to change songs.

I'm glad they're killing it. Smart smart move.

JCX

Such great news! Background play in games like Destiny should be great. It's probably too much to ask for a Vita version, isn't it?

Nzyme32

Sounds fishy.

Why not Spotify itself?
Will this only have a selection of Spotify's content?

Not sure about it being fishy. Having something called Playstation Music may be something of an umbrella for other Music services to come along

Midas

Personal megaton. This is fantastic. Most, but not everything I like, is available with Spotify. I've been a user since beta and a subscriber for years.

BeeDog

I just hope the Spotify app for PS4 is robust and supports tons of (huge) playlists. I'm a serious Spotify addict, with almost 500 playlists. My main playlists contain many thousands of tracks, so I really wish browsing and playing isn't laggy due to this.

LifeLike

This is fantastic !!
Great news !

I hope they will remove music unlimited from my bravia smart tv and my Xperia Z3 Compact.

Top Bottom