• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

Zalusithix

There's one thing I want to know more about... Can you get a buggy out in quantum jump and throw it at a capital ship with h-bombs on it? hehehe

You wouldn't need the bombs. The PTV is more than enough as a kinetic kill vehicle. A PTV (assuming 500lb) maintaining quantum speeds (~.4c) would have ~390 megatons of energy on impact. Relativistic impacts are scary things. Even scarier when you consider that the closer they get to 1c, the less forewarning you even have of your eventual demise.

chifanpoe

Xi'An and Vanduul Language, now we can go to 11 on nerd factor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6tWxM_d0o&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=0BZppotU2mI-6

vRUMBWS.png

U1JmjIx.png

Is this a real image? The sky box looks added.

Yeah we haven't seen clouds have we?

Clouds you say?

(From Citizencon 2016)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLSWB0fycXM

Not the same.

Also the lightning in the pic seems off.

We have. And this is 4 months old already. Probably the same system, but cranked up in density. And it looks like the light source (sun) is near the horizon, BELOW the cloud layer.
The first time they showed off Carsten's work on clouds, I think it was just a flat texture with no volume (not voxelised or ray marched or anything). It just had some transmission, shadow casting, and back scattering based upon your angle to it. They probably have made it more up to date since that last time they showed it. Through, that picture does look a bit strangely composed colour-wise. Not sure!

The first time they showed off Carsten's work on clouds, I think it was just a flat texture with no volume (not voxelised or ray marched or anything). It just had some transmission, shadow casting, and back scattering based upon your angle to it. They probably have made it more up to date since that last time they showed it. Through, that picture does look a bit strangely composed colour-wise. Not sure!

Wait and see is the approach. Hopefully they show something around GDC time.

Agremont

Just installed it again after a long time away and it's nice to see all the improvements and progress.

The game sure is beautiful and the music is great, Shame the great atmosphere is immediately ruined as soon as you see a ship flying. Seriously it's horrendous. Even worse than I remember.

Zabojnik

So guys I took the new Directors Mode for a spin, and my gosh its a dream to work with bar some issues here and there. Really glad they added this feature for us to play with! check out the video here!

https://vimeo.com/200338876

Enjoy!

Absolutely sensational. Yeah, DM is a godsend. Can't imagine the amazing stuff people will come up with once there's more content / places to go. Extra points for putting it on Vimeo!

Any idea what their role will be? I hate to be that guy, but considering how splitting work between big isolated teams worked for them in the past this isn't filling me with confidence.

It's true fake.

insta007.gif

Well, not all of it. A group of japanese programming students did visit CIG. :p

It's true fake.

insta007.gif

Well, not all of it. A group of japanese programming students did visit CIG. :p

Ah that makes a lot more sense lol. Did seem like a brave move to make. Got to say I'm really excited for this year for Star Citizen. Even though I'm not 100% we're gonna be playing Squadron 42 this year, It's pretty much certain we'll finally see it right? Then I'd assume we're going to hopefully get some form of 3.0 around one of their streams.

Zabojnik

Ah that makes a lot more sense lol. Did seem like a brave move to make. Got to say I'm really excited for this year for Star Citizen. Even though I'm not 100% we're gonna be playing Squadron 42 this year, It's pretty much certain we'll finally see it right? Then I'd assume we're going to hopefully get some form of 3.0 around one of their streams.

Yeah, there should be some S42 goodness coming our way, in one form or another. I'd say getting one between S42 and 3.0 this year is a solid bet.

Vash63

Yeah, there should be some S42 goodness coming our way, in one form or another. I'd say getting one between S42 and 3.0 this year is a solid bet.

Considering a few months ago they were saying 3.0 for 2016 I'm gonna be pretty mad if they don't have it out by June...

elyetis

Considering a few months ago they were saying 3.0 for 2016 I'm gonna be pretty mad if they don't have it out by June...
Given the new Production Schedule ( I'm really happy to see them use it again btw ) I'd say 3.0 by June is far from a sure thing. 2.6.1 mid/end february then at least a 2.6.2 introducing MegaMap ( I'd say end of april release ?)... then 3.0 by June ? yeah maybe..... I'd bet on august/september at that point.

I think we can be pretty confident when saying that the 3.0 by the end of 2016 was only in CR dream.
If they do need some of the result of 3.0 ( item 2.0 ? ) for SQ42 even the SQ42 demo might be a Q3 2017 thingy.

2.6.1 is scheduled to be in the PTU mid feb with a possible March live release and 2.6.2 afterwards.

seems like i was right lol on a side note i believe 2.6.2 is being used to not give an internal schedule for 3.0 until later in the year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224929806&postcount=7262

SQ42 - November 2017 with a Citcon teaser.

3.0 - Late Jan / Early Feb.

did you see just how broken 2.6 is? add another 4-6 months for 3.0.

2.6 - Christmas or early Jan

3.0 - June - Sept

SQ42 - December 2017

iHaunter

2.6.1 is scheduled to be in the PTU mid feb with a possible March live release and 2.6.2 afterwards.

seems like i was right lol on a side note i believe 2.6.2 is being used to not give an internal schedule for 3.0 until later in the year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224929806&postcount=7262

This is no bueno. Development is taking way too long.

If they go at this snails pace, we'll be lucky to get 3.3 by the end of this YEAR let alone 4.0 anytime soon.

I just hope that once SQ42 is done, they'll put EVERYONE on the PU before working on Episode II.

This is no bueno. Development is taking way too long.

If they go at this snails pace, we'll be luck to get 3.3 by the end of this YEAR let alone 4.0 anytime soon.

I just hope that once SQ42 is done, they'll put EVERYONE on the PU before working on Episode II.

3.3 will not be out this year lol

Top Bottom