• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

Geist-

BDU Marine Uniform in High Poly from weekly email.

BDUMarine_Uniform_HighPoly.jpg

Can someone gif that very blurry and short shot of Hammil's character animation bit? With the current splashes going on around here about a certain game's facial animations... it would be a nice clip.

NuMiQ

Neo Member
Every time I see a report from Foundry 42, I'm left thinking.. Damn.. F42 is really the most productive studio of the bunch, doing all the cool stuff.

That is until I see another report from the German team.

The last few ATV's have been great on the info front, gladly sacrificing my monthly studio updates for this.

Zalusithix

Every time I see a report from Foundry 42, I'm left thinking.. Damn.. F42 is really the most productive studio of the bunch, doing all the cool stuff.

That is until I see another report from the German team.

The last few ATV's have been great on the info front, gladly sacrificing my monthly studio updates for this.

Technically the Frankfurt studio is also Foundry 42.

Geist-

Cool pic of Yela in the weekly email:

Yela Afternoon
Take a rare glimpse at the afternoon sun over Yela. Water vapors from cryovolcanoes fall back onto the moon's surface, coating it in a snow-like substance.
SneakPeek_Yela.jpg

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Monthly report is up: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15790-Monthly-Studio-Report

Los Angeles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTGPwCSbTM0
Austin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwz60lXP-Bw
UK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iq_3Tg2A4Y
Frankfurt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0le2rs7ZZKg
Turbulent - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcEMvGoLng
Community - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbK0g41tt1Q

Native mobile support coming up for Spectrum is good news. Really need to get that in place before we look at switching over from the Discord channel.
It'll be interesting to see how they try to tie in having reddit-style threads and regulard forum threads in the same interface.

Taranis

Neo Member
Hoooo....boi this ATV is fantastic!

Will be uploading KEY screenshots.

First is Idris being DOCKED at a new space station:

Edit: Idris is a concept art shot, HOWEVER they do have the model for the station. And Idris is complete.

Edit2: New station flyby.

uT0yafj.png

RECLAIMER SHOTS!!!!! IT'S SO FAR ALONG! ALMOST DONE??????

LINK TO ALBUM FROM REDDIT/R/STARCITIZEN

OB7x3fA.png

bUTwe6i.png

y4fCvgh.png

vLQXLdZ.png

7ZiDgdb.png

rg6lAJw.png

78tezgc.png

And many more in LINK! Will continue to update!

"Old Man's" In-Engine Preview.

Unf

I want my Reclaimer. The claw hungers!

This is pure speculation, but I think that a definitive reveal trailer with gameplay and a long demo for SQ42 will be shown at E3 (probably the PC conference, if they are allowed back in after ducking out at the last second). It lines up: E3 is in three months from now. They can polish and optimize everything, and hopefully even release 3.0 then.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Ridiculous, where are the space bikinis?

No, but really, that actually looks like functional female armor. Except maybe the breast plate in the second one is more pronounced than actually needed.

That one seems more like a barebones space suit. I think it's OK, especially considering the beefier armor sans boob curvature exists.

I was gonna mention the boob armor, but not sure if that's supposed to be a light underlayer/suit or actual armor. The heavier armor shown is much better, in that regard.

Regardless--WOMEN!

Daedardus

That one seems more like a barebones space suit. I think it's OK, especially considering the beefier armor sans boob curvature exists.

The second one just looks like a skin tight space suit.

It's relatively fine, but they made the boob part stand out a bit more by making it a distinct part. There's not really a need for that in real life, as you can perfectly make a smooth transition and still let it be functional. But the heavy armour is really well done, like heavy armour should be.

I'm not following this--what do you mean?

"once we had that male base suit done... we utilised a wrap technique with adjustments to save some development time."

I presume that means they "remapped" the armour from the male to the female. So I think any "boobage" or chest poking out more is just natural fallout from the female having a bust where the male does not.

Geist-

The way they described it is that they kinda remapped male amour values onto the female base model, hence how areas that are more pronounced would then also be more pronounced when armour is covering (the chest area, for example).

Anyone got a convenient album of the male armors for comparison (specifically the skin-tight suit)?

Also:
Bv8aCMT.gif

Geist-

Got my 2.6.2 invitation, so I guess I'll check it out. I haven't downloaded a new patch in a while since my card (780 Ti) is getting kind of old and my computer's performance is lacking. But it shouldn't hurt to look around.

Also, new weekly sneak peek.

Rayari_SneakPeek.jpg

Research Lab Instruments
Today's sneak peek features research lab instruments from Rayari, Inc

Something just looks off about the Buc cockpit. Too many struts and beams blocking line of sight and looks like panel and seating should be ahead of the "box."

FiraB

Banned
Something just looks off about the Buc cockpit. Too many struts and beams blocking line of sight and looks like panel and seating should be ahead of the "box."

Looks weird but it handles exceptionally well, almost feels like a hornet to me.

It did take a bit to get used to those beams in the cockpit view but after about 20 minutes you don't notice the beams and they just fade from you view a bit. However when you look up, the view is perfect.

I can see this being a pirate/outlaw favorite considering the speed, acceleration and that top cockpit view, the firepower is just a bonus. It's a good hit and run ship from my testing on the PU but don't expect it to hold up in extended battles because it's fragile as all hell in long fights.

JCH!

So, I need some help.

I bought a Freelancer when it was revealed ages ago but haven't really kept up with the game much since. I have no idea how ship upgrades work. How do I swap my Freelancer for a Terrapin? Is the Terrapin even on sale?

Rephin

So, I need some help.

I bought a Freelancer when it was revealed ages ago but haven't really kept up with the game much since. I have no idea how ship upgrades work. How do I swap my Freelancer for a Terrapin? Is the Terrapin even on sale?

The Terrapin is currently not available for sale and is in concept anyway. You'll have to wait for it to come back on sale. It's more likely to come back on sale during big events like E3 and Citizencon, and during special days like anniversaries and end of year stuff. When it does come back you can use the Ship Upgrade page to buy the upgrade that converts the Freelancer to the Terrapin.

Looks weird but it handles exceptionally well, almost feels like a hornet to me.

It did take a bit to get used to those beams in the cockpit view but after about 20 minutes you don't notice the beams and they just fade from you view a bit. However when you look up, the view is perfect.

Have to try it to get a feel but done right it has the same cockpit structure like a bf-109, but still IMO I think the struts converging at the end cuts into the direct line of sight, unlike the 109s which stay out into the periphery.

Another thing looking at it is all that blocked space ahead of pilot, it just makes the ship look like the canopy is way too large (like some Elite ships).

If I were to put on my shipbuilding hat I 'd love to see the paneling stop immediately after the pilot and have a sort of glass wedge design at the nose. Make it a bit like most helicopter cockpits where you have a panel but the canopy extends down to the footwells for landing/docking and making low passes on objects.

Khilandros

Yay! got my ptu 2.6.2 invite and can't wait to use my TrackIR and test all the other stuff.

Also, I sent an app to join the Org, forgot to do that ages ago.

Top Bottom