• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Has anyone picked up any of the Forces of Destiny figures? I was tempted to get Sabine earlier when I was Walmart...
OHnIkPN.jpg

I had watched some of those Sabine reviews beforehand, and some afterwards. Seems like she's a nice figure, though she is missing some details in her costume. Sucks that the action feature (which barely works) ended up limiting her right arm articulation, though, apparently. Heh.

My older brother got the Resistance outfit Rey from the series, but hasn't opened her up yet. I'll ask him what he thinks of her after he does.

Rootbeer

Banned
Force Friday is September 1st.

Here are most of the Hasbro offerings. There will be lots of stuff from Funko, LEGO and many others too.

087MmWw.jpg

Thanks for posting. Im mostly a 6" BS collector, and even then im very picky with what i get. I want allot listed, but am not going to drive all over looking for them given Hasbro past with the shipments. I havent even seen the past 3 waves of figures. Oh well.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'll probably get quite a few of the BS figures. Chewie had better come with a Porg.

Considering this will now be the THIRD (already) Chewbacca in the 6" BS line released, they need to do something to differentiate him from past releases. I really am hoping for a porg as well.

Also I just want to warn people, if this is anything like the TFA Force Friday, while there are two waves of 6" figures coming on Force Friday on paper, a lot of stores might only have one wave... you really have to have some patience and do your research if you are trying to track down specific things.

I think that Snoke with Throne might be a hot item if it looks as good as it should, something else to keep in mind.

Drayco21

Its actually the fourth; original release, TFA, 40th anniversary and now TLJ. I fully expect him to be the next Finn / Zuvio / Jyn and Cassian.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, the 40th anniversary one was a repack though. I suppose there might have been some small paint changes, not sure.

If he comes with a porg (or two) that would go a long way towards helping him not pegwarm as much as people can army build with them... sort of. So I hope they do something like that.

Rootbeer

Banned
I just realized that BS is the perfect acronym for anything made by Hasbro. :3
I think they are doing a lot better lately. The new paint app process they are using on newer figures has them rubbing necks with import figures now, for way less $$$. Have you seen stuff from their new Thor Ragnarok wave? That Hela is really badass.

Unfortunately they already confirmed they aren't moving Star Wars to the new process until 2018...

Now their distribution and a lot of other aspects, I can't fault anyone for having complaints with them in those areas. ;)

Its actually the fourth; original release, TFA, 40th anniversary and now TLJ. I fully expect him to be the next Finn / Zuvio / Jyn and Cassian.

The figures you named off are the only ones ive seen all spring/summer long in my area. This is why when i look at that list of Force Friday stuff i get excited, but then realize how practical it is for me to get most of them. Especially since the one i really want is a Gamestop exclusive.

Nope... that line is dead.

However, if you want 3.75 super articulated Star wars figures, they are bringing back The Vintage Collection with Last Jedi and other new figures. In 2018. It won't be Wal-Mart exclusive like the 3.75 BS line, either.

Bummer... I kind of had a feeling going Was-Mart exclusive would kill it.

Ondor

Banned
Does anyone know with the new vintage collection coming soon if this means they discontinued the 3.75" Black Series?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
$200 BB-8 Mega Star Destroyer??? What the heck is that?

Probably an enormous version of those old Micro Machines playsets, where it's a big BB-8 that opens to show a ship interior diorama inside.
This is all pretty disappointing to me. The only upside is that I'll actually see 6" Snowtroopers in a store. I'd be all over the landspeeder but it's more than two inches too short. I plan on making myself an accurate one at some point in the next year.

Ondor

Banned
I just hope its not dead on arrival. I've been enjoying the 6" stuff, but Star Wars will always be a 3 3/4" collection to me.
Me too. My entire collection from growing up is 3.75 and I'd hate it if they left that obsolete.

That's why I worried about the 3.75 black series being cancelled. I'm hoping that if the vintage collection doesn't work out they don't use it as an excuse to stray from the quality the black series is known for.

Been buying the 40th Anniversary Mystery Funko Pops at the comic shop the last two Wednesdays. 4 each week with only one double and it was the best kind of double. Been displaying them in my newborns sons room.

OUnWk6b.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That's cute but the kerning problems triggered me.

The forces of destiny figures seem pretty scarce in the UK, my eldest did pick up the Endor Leia though. The ewok figure that comes with it is really impressive - the thing is really solid (it weighs as much as the Leia doll itself)

Do we know when the second wave is likely to arrive?, its the Ahsoka she's really after.

Rootbeer

Banned
Porg merch coming hot and heavy.

I hope the rumors of chewie eating one in the film are not true. No idea where that rumor came from, but it would be pretty creepy after seeing how they are trying to hard to sell these to people, lol.

Yarbskoo

Been buying the 40th Anniversary Mystery Funko Pops at the comic shop the last two Wednesdays. 4 each week with only one double and it was the best kind of double. Been displaying them in my newborns sons room.

OUnWk6b.jpg

Huh. They actually look a bit better than normal Funko Pops.

Rootbeer

Banned
Force Friday II ads are leaking.

Amazon: unknown, but hopefully price-matching Target's deal (below) in some form.

Target:
Target-Ad-scan-8-27-17-pg-9klp.jpg

TRU:
DIFFYV_XYAEof8y.jpg

Top Bottom