• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Tarazet

God I really hope they aren't saving 1.3 so they can talk it up at E3. I really wish someone would take them to ask for not having basic features in from launch but alas.

I just want to continue my Imperial Agent story ultimately. But I have two characters at or near 50 on two different servers (due to friends quitting) and both of them are basically dead at this point.

I have two 50's on Shien, and my partner has four. No one to play with anymore.

antonz

God I really hope they aren't saving 1.3 so they can talk it up at E3. I really wish someone would take them to ask for not having basic features in from launch but alas.

I just want to continue my Imperial Agent story ultimately. But I have two characters at or near 50 on two different servers (due to friends quitting) and both of them are basically dead at this point.

Nah they arent gonna talk up 1.3 at E3. 1.3 is taking so long because they have had to change what 1.3 is primarily. Initial roadmap had it being anothr big content update patch but now the focus is almost entirely on server stuff.

Kyari

I have two 50's on Shien, and my partner has four. No one to play with anymore.

Wait no this is my third character on a third server.

I hit mid 30s with my full party group a few months after launch. Then one night we hit a new planet before everyone called it for the evening, and the next morning everyone had had an epiphany that it was the same stuff every planet.

Hit 50 on my Imperial Agent with my second partner, had nothing to do and stopped playing.

Currently mid 40s on Consular with my third set of friends but that server is like ... there have been times where I am one of only two people on fleet.

Also I assume there're no class quests on Ilum or anything like that? The end of Chapter 3 is the end of all class story quests as it stands right?

Tarazet

Wait no this is my third character on a third server.

I hit mid 30s with my full party group a few months after launch. Then one night we hit a new planet before everyone called it for the evening, and the next morning everyone had had an epiphany that it was the same stuff every planet.

Hit 50 on my Imperial Agent with my second partner, had nothing to do and stopped playing.

Currently mid 40s on Consular with my third set of friends but that server is like ... there have been times where I am one of only two people on fleet.

Also I assume there're no class quests on Ilum or anything like that? The end of Chapter 3 is the end of all class story quests as it stands right?

The two stories I played, the story line ended on Corellia around level 48. At that point, you can do dailies on Belsavis and Ilum and get to 50 in less than a day, or completely rock lowbie PvP until you finally ding and get thrown into the Expertise imbalance shitfest that is 50's PvP.

Milly79

The Ilum quests relate directly to Malgus and the FPs involving him.

And have nothing to do with the dailies. Those are separate quests. There are not any class quests on Ilum that I recall.

And FWIW, most of the class quests end on a ship or another planet other than Corellia. I know it's happened with my BH, IA and I think the Inquis goes back to Korriban. It does not end on Corellia.

Kyari

Yeah, I was just wondering if there was any post-chapter 3 class story content I had missed by not getting to play on Ilum.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

And have nothing to do with the dailies. Those are separate quests. There are not any class quests on Ilum that I recall.

And FWIW, most of the class quests end on a ship or another planet other than Corellia. I know it's happened with my BH, IA and I think the Inquis goes back to Korriban. It does not end on Corellia.

My smuggler story ended on Corellia and I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's Consular story did as well.

Heysoos

ibnZekTcpMIpUp.png

Hope when super servers happen, we get renamed Sifumaster. Short, sweet, and elegant.

CzarTim

Man, they better do that big server transfer post they promised for this week by tomorrow. People are going to be PISSED if they don't.

Tarazet

It's true that the story doesn't actually end on Corellia in every case, but it's the final new planet with class story content for every class. Ilum has a general quest line that I believe is the same for everyone within their faction.

UltraMav

Man, they better do that big server transfer post they promised for this week by tomorrow. People are going to be PISSED if they don't.

I don't see how anyone could be more pissed at BW than they are currently. Dev/community relations are pretty much a complete disaster at this point and I do not expect them to deliver anything anymore, personally.

I mean shit, they just got rid of the "talk to the community" position.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
My smuggler story ended on Corellia and I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's Consular story did as well.
The Trooper's kinda does (at least the last fight). Technically you have to fly to Coruscant (yet again) for the final cutscene.

I mean shit, they just got rid of the "talk to the community" position.
Maybe they can hire Derek Smart.

Heysoos

I think.... I think the IGN interview was it. I hope not.

They're really taking their sweet time... Some info on what's going on would be nice. :/

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

They're really taking their sweet time... Some info on what's going on would be nice. :/

I agree. Their silence lately has been disheartening.

What are they going to say that hasn't been said? Server transfers coming, we don't have date yet. They just put out the 1.3 trailer and did those interviews, outside of that I don't think there is anything new we don't know

Draxal

What are they going to say that hasn't been said? Server transfers coming, we don't have date yet. They just put out the 1.3 trailer and did those interviews, outside of that I don't think there is anything new we don't know

Well, the megaserver thing would be a huge, new change if they did that, it would be a huge undertaking though, that will probably take a while though.

Well, the megaserver thing would be a huge, new change if they did that, it would be a huge undertaking though, that will probably take a while though.

That's the thing, they announce such a thing, it's probably months away from deployment. They already got a alot of things "in the works" that people are waiting for that we have no idea when we will see. Announcing more things that aren't going to be happening anytime soon is probably not the best idea.

Draxal

That's the thing, they announce such a thing, it's probably months away from deployment. They already got a alot of things "in the works" that people are waiting for that we have no idea when we will see. Announcing more things that aren't going to be happening anytime soon is probably not the best idea.

Ya, but at thispoint they're just screwed either way. They're just taking too long, and the player base has dwindled.

CzarTim

Bullshit. I'm sick of this marketing doublespeak that so many video game companies have subscribed to. Being open and honest with your community is always better for everyone (see: EVE & Planetside 2 as examples.)

If BW would come out and tell us exactly what they're thinking and why, they'd be better off for it.

Bullshit. I'm sick of this marketing doublespeak that so many video game companies have subscribed to. Being open and honest with your community is always better for everyone (see: EVE & Planetside 2 as examples.)

If BW would come out and tell us exactly what they're thinking and why, they'd be better off for it.

What do you want them to say that will make you feel better? "We got this coming, but we don't know when it will be ready"? Because that's all your going to get. They are in a crappy position and I don't think anything they say will help. They can put it all out on the table which might make some people happy for a week or so, but when weeks go by and onward and nothing they said materializes, that ain't going to be of any help to their situation.

Would be nice if they would just say they are putting all their effort into getting some kind of merges going, but unless they can make it happen in the next few weeks, it's not going to do much good.

StudioTan

I agree, just keep a dialogue open. Since pulling ranked WZs from 1.2 and being told they would be released before 1.3 we haven't heard anything about them. We were told the same thing about transfers. The optimist in me is thinking we haven't heard about the WZs because they are receiving a substantial revamp, possibly they decided that they absolutely had to have the cross server PVP working for it to make any sense and maybe that's what the delay is, but if so they should let us know.

What do you want them to say that will make you feel better? "We got this coming, but we don't know when it will be ready"? Because that's all your going to get.

See my above post. It's not so much that we need to be given exact dates it's that we're not even sure what's going on now. Have ranked WZs been pushed back? Are they still coming before 1.3? If not why not? The Q&A today is supposed to be about 1.3 but I'm hoping we get more info than the same stuff that has already appeared in various interviews.

CzarTim

What do you want them to say that will make you feel better? "We got this coming, but we don't know when it will be ready"? Because that's all your going to get. They are in a crappy position and I don't think anything they say will help. They can put it all out on the table which might make some people happy for a week or so, but when weeks go by and onward and nothing they said materializes, that ain't going to be of any help to their situation.

Would be nice if they would just say they are putting all their effort into getting some kind of merges going, but unless they can make it happen in the next few weeks, it's not going to do much good.

They haven't actually said what is happening though. Just vague promises and vague ideas. The so-called "super servers" are a good example of that. It was dropped in passing. No details. Servers/Guilds have no idea what to expect. Then there is shit like this:

wzknX.png

The fact is BW treats the community like children. They pull ranked WZ, but don't say why. Say they'll come before 1.3, then never mention it again. It would go such a long way for them to be active in the community and say, "Hey look, this is what our plans are. This is why we're thinking that. This is when we hope it's done. This is why it will take that long." And when there are delays say, "this is what happened." Instead they are silent and the playerbase is angry and confused about what is actually going to happen. People are leaving because that silence feels more like indecisiveness and incompetence than the 'for your own good' bull that BW keeps pushing.

edit: heh, StudioTan knows what's up.

StudioTan

1.3 is going to PTS soon.

Game Update 1.3 is almost ready for deployment onto the Public Test Server. We still need to finalize a few things, but we wanted to let you know that the Public Test Server will be coming down soon so that we can prep Game Update 1.3 for PTS deployment.

Yay!

You can expect the Public Test Server to come back up with Game Update 1.3 in the next few weeks.

Booooooo

StudioTan

Q&A is up.

Haven't finished reading but nice to see ranked WZs are coming with 1.3.

Mallorik: What is your philosophy on cross server LFG tools? Are we getting a same server tool just to hold us over while you work on cross server tech or is this just a test to see if a same server tool will do the job?

Daniel: Although we’re certainly willing to entertain the idea of cross-server LFG tools if the need arises, it’s a last resort for us. We firmly believe for cooperative play it is important to have a community and social responsibility that you simply can’t have with players appearing and disappearing from your reality. Instead we are pushing hard on servers that are massive compared to the ones we launched with. Early tests show we’ll be able to raise the peak concurrent user cap above what it was at launch. Combining that with server transfers to enable players to move to these new servers and fill them to the brim, we should see some fantastic, vibrant communities develop where Group Finder will always be able to find someone for your content.
Nice to see these new mega servers are already being tested. I wonder if we'll see them a month or two after 1.3 is released.

Giolon

Nice to see these new mega servers are already being tested. I wonder if we'll see them a month or two after 1.3 is released.

These comments seem to be pointing towards having people server transfer to new mega-servers? In other words, server merges, w/o calling them server merges...

Or do you guys think I'm way off base here?

Draxal

So they're letting everybody bring one max level char to pts this time.

Baby steps for sure, but steps nonetheless.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/[news-category]/20120525

These comments seem to be pointing towards having people server transfer to new mega-servers? In other words, server merges, w/o calling them server merges...

Nah it's not off base, they are definitely hinting to what you are saying.

Yeah, that's what I thought after reading the comment.

SpudBud

I like the idea of mega servers. Hopefully I will be able to keep more character name when the time comes. Maybe some sort of account identifier like the way cryptic handles it.

Cystm

Hopefully server merges with a choice of which one you go to.

Maybe they are going to do like WAR did where when you logged on it basically gave you a choice of server you had to transfer too, forcing players to go to the same few big servers. Doesn't sound like merges are happening though. But if they want things to happen, they pretty have to force people to move to these new servers. Instead of doing merges, force the transfers.

Doesn't sound like a megaserver set up either, just some new bigger servers they plan to put up and transfer or have ppl transfer to.

Alur

Gatti, I've been meaning to tell you we joined the Biggest Loser...er, The Fatman about two weeks ago. Me, Homi, and Trey at any rate.

gatti-man

Gatti, I've been meaning to tell you we joined the Biggest Loser...er, The Fatman about two weeks ago. Me, Homi, and Trey at any rate.

My name is gatti-man over there. Im lvl 39 i think. Diablo 3 has a hold on my balls. What did you guys roll?

Alur

We're pubs. I'm a 33 sage (of course, but I also have a 16 gunslinger), Homi has a 33 commando, and Trey is a 27 vanguard. Homi said he has played a few pvp games with you a week or two back, you were like 31 or 32ish he said.

The queues are awesome as advertised. He's been keeping a count on PVPers, and coming from KV it blows my mind. Anytime there are 200 pubs on the fleet (which is every night), there are around 300 pvping. That's just pubs - 300 PUBS pvping, and it's the lower populated faction. I've not played a same side game yet.

I'm still playing Kruul for his dailies to get gear and hoping I'll be able to take him to Fatman or wherever we end up if they make some mega servers. So far so good though.

Alur

Traitors.

Only out of necessity. I hate leaving everyone behind, KV is the best MMO server I've ever been on. Lots of cool folks, but unfortunately 90% of them no longer log in =/.

Face it Isaccard, we are now the 1%...

...who still log in to PVP on KV.

Isaccard

Only out of necessity. I hate leaving everyone behind, KV is the best MMO server I've ever been on. Lots of cool folks, but unfortunately 90% of them no longer log in =/.

Face it Isaccard, we are now the 1%...

...who still log in to PVP on KV.

Not gonna lie, I didin't bother logging in yesterday. =/ But only because I've been all emo about irl shit going on. On top of being the 1% it sucked any enjoyment that was left in the game.

Also, for those of you that still want to stay with the awesome community on Keller's Void weigh in your thoughts about this here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=465466

HBroward

I'm one of the ones who has temporarily lost their souls to Diablo. I'll be back soon though, and this news really helps. Looks like we will get transferred off KV though, wonder where we will end up. I was pretty excited to hear ranked was on schedule for 1.3 at least.

CzarTim

I'm one of the ones who has temporarily lost their souls to Diablo. I'll be back soon though, and this news really helps. Looks like we will get transferred off KV though, wonder where we will end up. I was pretty excited to hear ranked was on schedule for 1.3 at least.

We don't know that. Many ways to read that comment.

Isaccard

This means little without cross server ques.

HBroward

We don't know that. Many ways to read that comment.

I was more basing that off that top 20 server list, which Keller's Void wasn't on. I guess we don't really know the pop caps for the new "mega" servers yet, so it's too early to infer anything from that.

This means little without cross server ques.

I may have misread that yesterday, but didn't they confirm the transfers would hit with 1.3? It certainly sounds like the Fatman doesn't need cross server, so if we wind up with a pop like that, bring on the ranked for sure!

Top Bottom